Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worlds Away (p)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Worlds Away (p) Tumblr_inline_nyusexG8RO1t7xan7_500
Kehlani flew over the city of Boston with her bone steel spear and round shield drawn. Her eyes were focused on the frost giant that was making its way down an alley. The Valkyrie's wings were spread wide, flapping her and there so she could keep up with the monster. Kehlani had been tracking this particular frost giant for about two days now after he destroyed an apartment building on the outskirts of the large city. The daughter of Odur looked over her shoulder at the setting sun before flying down.

"Hey!" The Puerto Rican shouted once she was close enough and as soon as the frost giant turned around, she threw her spear at it's eye. The monster shouted out in pain. "Yes!" Kehlani made the mistake and flew in front of giant and was swatted at by it's huge arm. The daughter of Odur grunted and slammed into a brick wall, then fell onto the hard concrete.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Luke was a lion. Like, literally, he was shapeshifted into a lion right now, wandering the streets of Boston, when he heard a few kids talking- well, really, they were some elves he knew. He heard them talking about some frost giant being unleashed into Midgard. He learned the location of it (even though it wasn't hard), and he went after it, being the stupidly brave adventurer he was. Luke stopped when he saw the giant, and turned back into a human. He drew his sword and charged the beast, and took out one of it's legs, downing it. He then turned into a lion and attacked it's head, tearing it open. The giant flung him off, prompting him to turn to a bird and fly off.

He noticed a downed girl by a wall. Luke flew over, and turned human. He gasped at the sight: it was the Valkyrie he met the other day, Kehlani. Luke quickly went over to her and brushed her face with his thumb. She was out. Luke picked her up and tried to run off, but the giant smashed and nearly took them both out. Luke dropped her and turned around and just as he was about to shapeshift, he felt a piercing pain in his chest. The frost giant had sent an ice block through him. Luke fell over and felt his life slip away from him. His body dropped to the ground, and next thing he knew, he opened his eyes to Valhalla.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm

"...Luke? Luke, wake up." Kehlani shook him vigorously. After Luke died, Kehlani came to her senses and took out the frost giant once and for all. The Valkyrie then realized that her running into Luke wasn't just by coincidence. The son of Loki was her assignment. After touching his shoulder and then her watch, she took him Hotel Valhalla.

"Luke?!" Kehlani shook him again in hopes of Luke finally coming out of it.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Luke heard Kehlani's voice upon arrival to Valhalla. He panted, looking around, frightened. They were in a hotel room, and he was laying down. He quickly got up, and tried to process what was going on. Did he just...no, it couldn't be. But he felt so much better. Stronger, faster, inhuman. It wasn't like waking up from a regular nap, it was like waking up from a nap after taking a dip in the fountain of youth. Luke looked at Kehlani. He didn't know her that much, but so shaken up from just experiencing death, he hugged her.

"Kehlani...what...did....I died," he said, holding on to her, almost in tears. "Am I in Valhalla?"
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm

The Valkyrie was taken aback by the hug since she hadn't talked to Luke in three days. "Yeah, you're in Valhalla, but we gotta go." Kehlani helped Luke up from the bed and toward the one of the four wings of the plus-shaped room. Takin in a deep breath, Kehlani reached into her pocket, pulling out a dagaz rune that allowed them both to leave the room.

"Stay close, Luke." She instructed as they were now walking down the hallway. Swords, spears, and shields decorated the wooden walls of the hallway and at their feet was a blood red carpet with moving tree designs on it. "This is one out of the 540 floors of Hotel Valhalla. This is where the einherji stay. Also known as the 'Nineteenth Floor'. Right now we're going to the Dining Hall."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Luke nodded and followed her. He listened to what she had to say, trying to calm himself down. "So, as an einherji, do I still get to eat and enjoy li...death and stuff? Do I still get enjoyment?" Maybe it wasn't as bad as Luke originally thought. "I just can't believe it, I'm so damn stupid! Why did I go after that giant, why did I do that? I could still be alive if my mind didn't wander. Oh my gods, what about my family? My mother and my cousin? What do I do? They're going to freak out!" he started freaking out again. Others were staring at him.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Kehlani quickly turned around to look at Luke. "Hey, hey, I know you're confused right now, but everything will work out." She took the new einherjar by his hand and led him down to the hallway and into the elevator. Taking in a deep breath, the Valkyrie looked over at Luke and smiled faintly. "I promise. It'll be okay." Kehlani looked forward again and soon they were in the Feast Hall of the Slain. It was so large with a lot of people eating. Walking in. she led him to a empty seat.

"Sit right here."

Last edited by Green on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Luke was instantly calmed down by her taking his hand and telling him things would be okay. It was a calming sensation, like a mother telling her child nothing bad would ever happen to them. In hind sight, he was dead now, meaning nothing much worse could happen. And on the bright side, he'd get to spend eternity helping Odin and others fight back against the inevitable end of the world, Ragnarok. Also, even if he didn't completely want to admit it to himself, Kehlani was here with him. That was all that mattered.

Still, Luke worried about his family. He hoped they'd be alright and take the news well that he was dead. Luke's thought process was deep, and he didn't even realize he was in the dining place until Kehlani told him to sit. Luke obeyed and did so, leaning back on a chair. "I suddenly feel calmer," he admitted, rubbing his thumb against her hand.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 pm

"Good." Kehlani looked at her fellow Valkyries that were chatting amongst themselves. She slowly took her hand away from Luke's and patted his shoulder. "I'll be back, alright? When your name is called, you're going to be shown your death, then it will be decided whether or not you stay here in Hotel Valhalla or go somewhere else in the nine worlds."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:19 pm

"Alright," Luke said, and smiled. "Thanks, Kehlani, I really appreciate it." He sighed after looking at her for a few seconds. In a weird way, his death brought them closer than before. Luke had never felt like he trusted a person so much, which was ironic. He usually couldn't be trusted. Luke realized, in that moment, how much he was grateful for Kehlani, and how much he liked her, even past physical appearance. She was the only one left, the only one around him who made him feel welcomed and relieved in this scary adventure. After a few moments, Luke heard his name and went up. He watched his death, and after a few moments of discussing, the others decided he'd stay in Valhalla for trying to kill the giant and help out Kehlani.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Once the ceremony was over, Kehlani made her way back to Luke with a bright smile on her face. "Congratulations, Luke. Welcome to Hotel Valhalla." She then reached into her pocket to hand Luke a rune. "This is for you. I went ahead and signed you in at the front desk and got you this this rune. It's called dagaz. It allows you to enter your own personal paradise inside of your hotel room. That's why there aren't any doors in the residential hallways."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:15 pm

"Thanks," Luke said, examining the rune. "I really appreciate it, Kehlani. This isn't as bad as I thought. So, where's the training area here? Like, don't we train for Ragnarok here?" he asked and looked around. "This is the rest of eternity for me...Kehlani, I can't honestly tell you how glad I am that you're here with me. If it wasn't for you, I'd be so stressed out right now." Luke looked at her in the eyes. "Thank you so much. Uh, Estoy agradecido, Valkyrie hermosa. Did I get it right this time?" he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Kehlani placed a hand on her hip and scoffed playfully. "Yeah, yeah. It's better than your attempted the first time you learned that I was Hispanic." There was a sly smile on her face. "Come on, Let's go to your hotel room and I'll try and answer your questions as best as I possibly can." The daughter of Odur sighed and stretched her arms above her head. "Hm, answer to your first question, there are several different floors that are set aside just for training. There's three that's training to the death. Don't worry, you'll recover  back in your hotel room after a couple of minutes."

Last edited by Green on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 10:51 pm

"Sorry, my Spanish is not top notch, I'm shocked I didn't screw that one up." Luke nodded and used his rune to get them there. "I don't know what to think of that, that's like kind of cruel and cool at the same time." Luke looked around in his room. It resembled a mansion, and was like he was rich. Luke stared in awe. "This is more than I've ever had when I was alive." He looked at Kehlani. "So, you want to have some fun? I mean, not like that. Like milkshakes and inviting over some people to party," he said and laughed.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm

"Hm, nice." The Valkyrie looked around, then back down at Luke. "Very nice actually." Kehlani placed a hand on her hip and let out a sigh. "Milkshakes, huh?...Sure." She nodded his head. "Yeah, let's get a milkshake, but I can't stay for the party. I have to get home, y'know? Still alive and all." Kehlani chuckled.

Last edited by Green on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:42 pm

"Oh, that's right...I'll just invite some hallmates." Luke clicked on a button and magically, two milkshakes appeared in front of them. Luke handed her one. "A toast to being dead," he joked, "well, me, at least." He took a sip. His was strawberry, his favorite flavor. "So Kehlani," he said and looked at her. "It's there a place here for normal human things, like dates? Because, well, uh, I know this beautiful Puerto Rican Valkyrie down the hall. I had planned on asking her out when I was alive, but, what are you going to do?" he asked, just teasing her.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 4:13 pm

Kehlani looked at the Oreo milkshake in her hand and took a sip of it through the red and white straw. It was amazing, nice and creamy with the perfect chunks of Oreo bits. "Well, there's five hundred and forty floors. There's bond to be something that I would like." The Valkyrie handed the drink back to Luke. "Try and get to know me a little better before you ask me out. You might regret it." Kehlani teased back.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Luke laughed. "I'd say the same back, but I think after dying, I have a different look at life. And I say, what the hell. You're hot and like my best friend right now, and I have eternity, so why not?" he said and laughed and drank a bit more of his milkshake. "Is there some sort of diner-like place here? How about we go there?" he asked. He put her cup in the sink.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Kehlani bit a hand on her hip, raising an eyebrow. "That better not be the only reason you're asking me out, ese. I am beautiful, but I'm also a lot of other things too. Like I said, we're gonna have to get to know each other more, Luke." She gave him a small smile. "Maybe tomorrow we train or something tomorrow. To the death." The daughter of Odur sighed and folded her arms over her chest. "Then we'll see."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Luke nodded. "I'm sure that's true. I'm more than I appear, too. At least, I was." Luke listened to her offer. "Alright, I'll make you a deal then. We'll go to training tomorrow, to the death. However, if I win, then I get you take you out on a date, and you kiss me. If I lose, though, I won't ever ask you out again, for eternity. I won't even look at you, if you want." He raised an eyebrow and put his milkshake cup in the sink.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 pm

"Nope, no to that too. I'm not a prize to be won." Kehlani stated. "But what I can say is this: if you do beat me, you beat me. If you don't, you don't." She clarified. "And you can't fight me to the death because once I die, I die. I'm pretty sure I don't come back from that." The Valkyrie explained. "Got it? Good."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:16 pm

"Oh, yeah, you're right about that fight to the death thing. And, sorry, I was just trying to amp up the competition," Luke said. "But, I'm still up for that fight. And, question, Valkyries, when they die, are they still a Valkyrie?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "And, when are you up for that fight? Is there even time in Valhalla?"
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Kehlani didn't really know the answer to the question Luke asked her. "I...don't know. I think I just die and maybe go to Folkvanger? I'm not completely sure. I'll have to ask." The daughter of Odur shifted her weight from one leg to the other. "I'll let you know, okay?" Kehlani turned around and headed for the "door". "I'll...text you."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Luke nodded. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then." He reached in his pocket and realized his phone was still there. It was weird, he actually felt better dead. "Text me when you want to fight, Kehlani. Oh, Odin, that sounds messed up," he said and laughed. "But, anyway, bye." Luke headed off to take a shower and get to bed. He was nervous, it'd be the first time he'd sleep in Valhalla, and it was his first time alone without Kehlani since his death. Luke got to bed and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm

The following day after school, Kehlani was back at Hotel Valhalla. It was around four o'clock when she was back, talking with a few of her new Valkyrie friends inside of the huge lounge area. Her wings were activated and her spear in hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worlds Away (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds Away (p)   Worlds Away (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds Away (p)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Norse :: Asgard :: Hotel Valhalla-
Jump to: