Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Brands Suck (p)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:18 am

Jerome Clarke stared down at his inner forearm. He could feel the burning sensation that the brand caused on his brown skin. It had been another year of servicing in the Roman legion and now he had a sixth bar to his SPQR tattoo. "Ouch," He hissed in between his teeth. Gods, it hurt like a b*tch. Jerome's tattoo was composed of SPQR, now six lines, and a lyre to represent his father, Apollo. The Jamaican demigod waited in line for him to get something to eat. Hopefully that would distract him from the pain. Jerome was wearing his purple camp shirt, blue jeans, and black Jordan's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 am

After a quick stop at my barracks to wrap my arm up after my new brand, I decided to go get something to eat. It had been such a long day, with the training and the branding and my nightmares not letting me sleep again, I needed some ice cream to make everything better. And since New Rome would be full of people at this hour, I decided to go to the Mess Hall and just hope for the best. My excitement wavered though as I saw the line. Just my luck. With a frown, I stood behind some guy I had seen before at the branding ceremony. Huffing, I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my black hoodie, looking around in boredom. Absentmindedly, I went to scratch my elbow and yelped at the pain as I scratched my freshly branded skin. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 am

Jerome looked back down at his forearm again and moved up in the line. He looked behind him when he heard someone yelp and winced. "Yeah, those things hurt." The son of Apollo shook his head and looked the guy over. He was around his height, fair skin, green eyes, and brown hair. "How many bars do you have now?" Jerome asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 am

I glanced up with a raised eyebrow as the boy in front of me decided to talk to me. "Yeah, obviously"I replied in a sarcastic tone. "Just got the fifth one."I said in an emotionless tone, trying to make it clear that I did not want the conversation to continue. Why can't I just enjoy some peace and quiet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:48 am

Jerome knitted his eyebrows a bit at the response he got, but remained quiet. That is, for a few seconds. "I got my sixth. Like, can't they come up with another way to mark us instead of branding us like cattle?" His mild Jamaican accent rolled over his words. "It just really sucks, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:57 am

I huffed and glared at the other boy. "Great for you"I deadpaned, raising an unimpressed eyebrow. Why isn't it clear that I hate humanity? Clearly the other boy was social and communicative but how couldn't he see that it wasn't the same for me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 pm

The son of Apollo smiled a bit before turning around. Once he grabbed his lunch, the Roman found a place where he could sit. He was so hungry that he didn't wait and went straight for his lamb chops. Gods, he loved lamb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I should have suspected my victory would be short lived as soon as I tured around to find a table. And of course the only one left had to be the one where Mr Chatty was seated. Perfect. The glare now permanent on my face, I placed my ice cream bowl on the spot facing him. With no words, I simply sat down and started eating as fast as I could, hoping to escape a conversation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Jerome slowly looked up to see that the guy who was standing in line behind him was now sitting across from him. "Oh, hey." He greeted with a smile. "I'm Jerome by the way. Jerome Clarke." The son of Apollo looked down at his lamb and continued to it eat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Of course he would feel the need to introduce himself, why wouldn't he? I looked up from my half eaten ice cream with, you guessed it, a glare. "Good for you"I mumbled, already eating more ice cream in an effort to finish it earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:23 pm

"...Yeah." Jerome cleared his throat and continued to eat his food. While he ate, he started to hum the tone of Best Day of My Life by American Authors. Gods, he loved it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Yay, silence!

Or not, I mentally pouted as a strange melody came out of somewhere. Looking up, almost finished, I gazed around curiously to find its source. No speakers, no instruments, what the he-Oh. Of course. It just had to be the boy, didn't it? "Could you stop that, please?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:17 pm

Jerome knitted his eyebrows and looked at the green eyed guy. "What? You don't like music or anything?" He asked with a chuckle. Jerome couldn't help it, he always hummed something while he was board or just hanging out by himself. "Tell you what: I'll stop humming if you talk to me."

Last edited by Green on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:30 pm

"Ugh, not happening. Nevermind, keep humming your stupid song or whatever"I grumbled and pulled my headphones out of my pockets, blasting the volum to the maximum as the strong, beautiful voice of Dan Reynolds filled my head, blocking out all other noises as I went to get a quick refill. You're going to be the death of me, ice cream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:48 pm

He laughed, shrugging his shoulders. "Alright." Jerome started to hum, tapping his finger on the side of his plate. His voice sounded amazing and flowed throughout the small space around him. He closed his eyes briefly before opening them. The son of Apollo finished his food and started to tap a beat on the plate that held the bones of his lamb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:51 pm

"Just stop with the tapping already!"I exclaimed in a burst of anger. I might not be able to hear the sound but I couldn't keep my eyes off of the rythmic movement and it annoyed the heck out of me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Jerome jumped when he told him to stop tapping. The son of Apollo frowned and looked down at his lap. "I'm...sorry." He sighed and got up from the table. "I hope you enjoy your ice cream, grump."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Finally some silence! But just then my dad's words came to my mind.

"You can't treat people badly and expect them to be good to you. Just like you want to be treated nicely, you have to treat them the same way you want to be treated. It's not about being good or nice, it's about being a gentleman, for you above everyone else"

"Wait"I sighed and stood up, turning to face him. "I'm...sorry"I mumbled, hands deep in my pockets again and eyes focues on the floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 pm

"No, you shouldn't be. I should've gotten the hint that you didn't want to talk. Sorry to disturb you." Jerome gave him a small smile and stood there with his plate in hand. He looked around the Mess Hall. "...You never told me your name."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Finally someone that kinda gets it. "Robin"I offered, still looking down but slightly fidgeting and with an even more intense glare. What? Looking people in the eyes makes me uncomfortable, sue me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:04 pm

"Robin? That's a nice name." He smiled a bit more and sighed. "Still, I would rather leave you alone so that you don't blow up in my face or anything." Jerome chuckled a bit and headed over to the hearth to give the rest of his food to the gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:10 pm

"That actually sounds lovely"I agreed, mimicking his actions. Thanks Mom and Grandpa for being awesome. Here's some ice cream, the only thing as awesome as you. After that I quickly left, in case that Jerome guy changed his mind and wanted to chat or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 pm

OOC: Now to the stables where Jerome finds Robin cooing at the horses?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

OOC: Yuppers, I'm making the topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brands Suck (p)   

Back to top Go down

Brands Suck (p)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top