Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Davenport Household

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankie
Frankie

The Davenport Household Empty
PostSubject: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 am

The Davenport Household Giphy

Liam woke up early. Usually he sleeps at school to avoid interaction with his dad, but in this case he just didn't feel like driving back to school last night so he stayed the night. Their dad was away on business anyway. He checked the his phone for the time, and rolled out of bed. He hated mornings, but for some godsforsaken reason he always woke up ten minutes before his alarm even went off.

He took a quick shower, brushed his teeth, then changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a green t-shirt then made his way downstairs to find something to eat. As he walked down the hall, he kicked the doors of his siblings to wake them up also. It was a Wednesday after all, and that meant morning training. Though their dad wasn't home, so he doubted any of them would actually come downstairs. He made his way into the kitchen and made a cup of coffee, and stuffed his face with a blueberry muffin. Their cook made the best muffins. He also pulled eggs out of the refrigerator and started cooking himself an omelet, cause there was no way that just a muffin would get him through a entire hour and a half of training.

Last edited by Frankie on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 am

The Davenport Household Tumblr_nxbv5tb5Um1u4cfmfo4_250The Davenport Household Tumblr_nxbv5tb5Um1u4cfmfo6_250

Rowan woke up to the single bang on her door. Her eyes opened to see dim light filtering into her bedroom. She had stayed the night at her house instead of the barracks. Dinner had gone late and she saw no reason to walk the mile back to camp. Especially when she had training that morning. Besides her co-centurion probably had things handled.

She found herself rolling out of bed, and getting dressed as slowly as possible. She heard her alarm go off on her bedside table, but she just let it ring since she was too tired to walk over and shut it off. She ended up throwing on her workout clothes, a black top and yoga pants, and walking downstairs. Of course her brother was already there.
"Mooorning." she said, grabbing an apple and pouring herself a cup of coffee.
"Is dad up?"

Last edited by paggt carter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:01 am

"Dad left, last night for something." Liam said, yawning into his cup of coffee as he cooked his eyes. "What some?" He asked, "I think they're a little burnt though..." He said as an after thought, as he flipped them over. OK, so they were slightly brown... that's not really considered burned yet. Right? "Did dad want you training anything specific this fine beautiful morning?" He asked, slightly sarcastic, he hated mornings. Mornings sucked.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:43 am

The Davenport Household Tumblr_nxbv5tb5Um1u4cfmfo4_250The Davenport Household Tumblr_nxbv5tb5Um1u4cfmfo6_250

Rowan apprehensively took a muffin. She took a bite before making a face and putting it down. "Don't become a chef." She said, before shrugging. "Not sure, last night was a blur of fatherly disapproval and me deciding I'd rather be running a 5k...I don't think he wanted us to run a 5k." Listen, she had a long day of training her legionnaires and then doing homework, and then running home (literally) so that she could make it to dinner in time. Everything her father said last night went in one ear and out the other. She racked her brain for a bit to try to remember, but nothing came up.
"Maybe we should just do our regular session."

Last edited by paggt carter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 10:10 am

"I'm fine with that." He said taking a bite out of his own plate of food. "Gods you're right, I suck. I'm so sorry, I tried to feed you this." He tossed the plate into the trash, and grabbed a poptart out of the cabinet. "Better than eggs, gotta be healthier than my eggs at least..." He reasoned with himself. There was a point in his life where Liam went out of his way to eat healthy foods all the time. Then he went to college, and learned that the freshmen 15 was a legit thing. Because no one has time to go out of their way to make healthy foods for every single meal and still have time to study, and go to the gym, and get tossed into the woods by their fathers.... Well maybe that last one was just his problem, but all the same.

Last edited by Frankie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Rowan held up her apple before taking a bite out of it, "I'll just stick with this." She also pulled a protein shake out of the fridge, something that always seemed to be in there. There was also an endless amount of meat in there. Rowan took a swig of her shake before grabbing her apple off the counter.
"Well lets get to it." she said

Last edited by paggt carter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:51 pm

"Alright." He agreed, putting his empty coffee cup in the sink. "Let's go." He grabbed the keys to the basement training room his dad had installed long before they were even born, he still had no idea why it was kept locked. It's not like it was a big secret, where the entirety of New Rome's inhabitants didn't know about it. Everyone knew about it, everyone wanted it which he never understood why. But then again, rarely anyone but the Davenports had been down here. He unlocked the door, and shoved the key into the pocket of his sweatpants. "Ready when you are." He told Rowan, once they had gotten down the stairs.

Last edited by Frankie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Rowan walked into the training room, flipping the light on. She finished her apple, throwing the core into the nearest trash bin. Their training room was fairly advanced. It had plenty of workout equipment, a row of practice weapons, targets for archery, and in the center a large training mat. Rowan put her protein shake at the edge of the mat and walked to the center of it. She started by stretching.
"So how's college treating you?" She asked
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:10 pm

"Making me extremely lazy... All I do is study." He said, starting to stretch also. "You're like what? A senior or something now? How's that?" He asked, he was joking a bit though since he obviously knew what grade his sister was in. "Centurion stuff going well?"
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 am

Rowan nodded, downing the last of her protein shake. "Yeah, and it's going fine, I guess. Dad keeps asking me if I'll make Praetor, but I think its too late for me. I only have like, what, three more years in service? Most people are appointed halfway through their service. Besides, I don't even know if I want to be Praetor." It was kinda hard to focus on her duties as Centurion with her dad breathing down her neck every week waiting for her to announce that she's magically become praetor or something. Still, she wanted to try for him. Maybe he'd stop being so bitter about her not making first. Maybe he'd stop nagging at her for five minutes. After all, once you've reached the top, where else is she supposed to go?

Last edited by paggt carter on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 am

"Ehh do what you want... Don't do it just cause you think dad wants you too. Second Centurion isn't at all that bad." He said, picking up his usual practice weapons. "Dad'll get over himself. He eventually always does." He tested the weight, he honestly hadn't touched a weapon, even a practice one since the last time he was home. Which was two weeks ago, school was keeping him so busy. "Besides, Dad'll be too pissed at me when he gets home tonight. I'm telling him that I'm considering not staying a business major." He said it quietly, he hadn't actually said it out loud yet, and while it didn't seem like a big deal, cause college students changed majors all the time. But only .000000002% of college students were davenports, and switching your major was considered a big deal.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Rowan picked up two of the practice staves, showing off a bit by twirling them around. "Easy for you to say, you've always been mister golden bo- wait what?" She almost dropped her staves. Almost.
"Oh, yeah, he'll definitely freak. That man had his heart set on you being a businessman like him. Hey, maybe if we announced our news at the same time he'd be too conflicted at who to get mad at first, he'll never actually yell."
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 10:48 pm

"Rowan, we might just break his brain tonight." Liam could just see his dads face right now. It would be the color red, his mouth would hanging open as his brain malfunctioned and there would definitely be steam pouring out of his ears as he tried to decide which of them to yell at first. "Anyway, ready when you are." He said, stepping up onto the large sparring mat that took up the center of the training room.

Last edited by Frankie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 pm

"I'd love to see that." She joked, "maybe for once in our lives we can have a normal dad who takes his kids out to see a movie, instead of dropping them in the middle of nowhere and telling them to 'have fun' and 'survive'." She had to admit, it'd be kinda nice. No more pressure, no more expectations. They could just be themselves.
Rowan flipped her staves around one more time, before getting in a ready position. "You wanna make the first move, or shall I?" Without waiting for an answer, she lunged forward ready to hit him with her left stave.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 2:29 pm

"Wouldn't that be the dream life?" Liam answered, as he used his swords to block the left side of his body from getting hit with her stave. "That was a pretty redundant question, wasn't it?" He asked, smirking at her before lunging forward himself using his right sword to swipe at her head, and the left to swipe to her left side.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Rowan smirked, "Gotta keep you on your toes, don't I?" She always liked to teach the element of surprise to her cohort. It usually involved her explaining the training they were going to do for the day, and then part way through pitting one half on the other, usually mid sentence. Her cohort was starting to get antsy during training sessions, which was a good thing, it meant they were ready to attack or defend at any time. The best part was when she would just go through the training explanation as normal, so they were just on edge the entire time.

Rowan ducked and jumped back, letting Liam's strikes miss. Since she was already low to the ground, she swiped at his ankles and then stood up to go for his chin.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 pm

"Yes, you do." Liam agreed, he jumped over the strike coming at his feet and then blocked the one to his face. He used to use the same tactic on his cohort, when he was still Centurion. Eventually they got used to though, and by mid year of his first year of being a centurion they didn't show their fear or anxiety anymore, if they even had it at that point. He smiled to himself as he aimed both of his swords to her head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Davenport Household   The Davenport Household Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Davenport Household
Page 1 of 1