Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fire and ice (p)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:04 am

fire and ice (p) Tumblr_olulx51DnA1vv76ubo3_400

Parker had already gotten in trouble a few times for freezing the entire lake, but he just couldn't resist. He was sick of skating on little coves and small ponds around camp. He needed more space to play hockey. The son of Boreas made his way out to the lake shortly after sundown. It was a tad bit chilly outside, so he was wearing a pair of dark sweats and a dark red hoodie.

Parker dropped his heavy hockey bag and slid his headphones into his ears. He sat down on the ground next to the lake and took a deep breath, closing his eyes. The son of Boreas let out a long icy exhale, and when he opened his eyes, the lake was frozen over. He smiled and stood up, wiping some dirt off of his hands.

Parker unzipped his bag and started to put together a collapsible net. When it was together, he pushed it out on to the ice. Next, he pulled his skates out and kicked off the sandals he had been wearing. Parker laced up his skates and grabbed his stick and tossed a stack of pucks on the lake. Adjusting his headphones, the son of Boreas stepped out on to the ice.

Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 2:09 am

fire and ice (p) Tumblr_okw4n2b6n41swtbemo1_250

Tessa Hayes was ready to be done with the night. She hadn't been home all day and her nerves were running high like a little kid on redbull. She had started feeling anxious around the end of school, because of some test that she had just finished, but then she had to stay behind because of the game that night, and there was nowhere to just be alone. She hadn't even changed out of her uniform, she just dropped her stuff off at her bunk, and immediately left for the woods.

The nice thing about the woods is that nobody notices the panic attacks. She can let the tears flow and she won't be seen, won't be judged. Well the nymphs were out there, but who were they really gonna tell? There was never any logic behind these panic attacks, just her mind churning up 50 worst case scenarios and saying hey, they can happen!. But once she started walking down the path, her breathing settled and the tears dried up. Sure her eyes were still kinda puffy, but it wasn't like she was gonna run into anyone.

Suddenly, she started feeling very cold. It was kinda weird, because it never got too cold here. It could be blizzarding, but the camp would remain 55 and sunny. Up ahead she could see something faintly shiny in the dimming light of the day. When she got closer she started to realize it was ice. Someone had turned the lake into an ice rink. And she figured it was the guy with skates.

Tessa didn't say anything, although she did bend down at the water's (well ice's actually) edge to tap it a couple times. Yup...that sure was ice.

Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 pm

fire and ice (p) Tumblr_olulx51DnA1vv76ubo3_400

Parker set down his stick and started to skate around the ice, stopping to stretch out his legs and shoulders. Once he was nice and loose, Parker skated back to his stick and started to skate around, practicing some stick work with a puck. Hip-hop music blared through his headphones, and the son of Boreas smiled widely. This was where he belonged.

Moonlight and stars shone off of the ice and the air around the ice was cold. Parker could almost lie to himself that he was back on the ice back home in Nova Scotia. It’s not that he didn’t like camp, but he missed being home. Back in Ferguson’s Cove, it could be all hockey all the time. Here at camp, there was so much that he had to do every day that a lot of days, he didn’t get any time to practice at all.

Parker began to line up the pucks and started to shoot them in the net. At first, he just went quickly from shot to shot, making most of them. Then, he moved on to more complex stickings and drills. One of these shots hit the post of the net and skidded off to the other side of the lake. Parker watched the puck until it stopped. The son of Boreas noticed a girl at the lake’s edge near where the puck had landed. Parker stood up a little straighter. Was she going to get him in trouble again? ”Oh, um, hello.” The Canadian said with a slight smile.

Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:06 am

Tessa was still trying to make sure she wasn't hallucinating. It was so weird to see the lake so, well solid. She wasn't really sure what to say to the boy that was out there. She just kinda watched him for a bit, skating across the ice. She wasn't that great at skating. It worked out because she was better at gymnastics and cheer. Still it was interesting to see him practice hockey. They didn't have a hockey team at her school.

Then he saw her. Tessa could only smile back and say, "Hey there." She'd get closer but there was the little ice problem. She'd probably fall flat on her ass. "Did you do this?" She asked. She had never met anyone who could freeze such a large body of water. Most of the powers she was familiar with were sun related. Since she was a daughter of apollo.

Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 am

fire and ice (p) Tumblr_ola106IKDn1vr3t5ho2_400

Parker let out a cool sigh of relief when the girl didn't immediately freak out on him. He knew that he wasn't supposed to do things like this, but he just couldn't help himself. The call to the ice was just too strong for him to ignore. The girl asked if he had frozen the ice. Parker pushed his hand back through his dark hair. "Uh, yeah, I did. Son of Boreas, thing."

Parker skated over to the edge of the ice to the girl and took his hand out off his glove. "I'm Parker Anderson, by the way. Nice to meet you." Parker offered his hand to the girl to shake. "I'm sorry if it's cold, I have a coat you could use if you like." Parker offered, his voice soft and accented.

Parker looked the girl over. He hadn't seen her in his 8 months here before. Something about her seemed a little off, but Parker couldn't quite put his finger on it. "Would you like to... um... join me?" Parker suggested.

Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Tessa grinned at him, "That's... really cool, actually." She breathed out, her breath materializing in front of her. She got a little closer to the ice as he came near her. Still, she wasn't sure if she should step on it. Still, the whole thing fascinated her.

She shook his hand when he came near, "Tessa Hayes," She replied, "And I think I'm good." She was pretty used to being out in the cold. She had just come from a football game, and even though she got to wear a turtleneck in the cold, she couldn't wear leggings or anything. She was pretty used to it though.

Tessa hesitated when Parker offered to let her join him. She was usually pretty good on solid ground. Less chance of falling. Although this was coming from a girl who was a flyer on her cheer squad. She faced smashing her face into the grass on a daily basis, what harm could stepping on some ice do? Before she could talk herself out of it, Tessa took a shaky step onto the ice. It was a bit slippery, and she had to grab onto Parker to steady herself.

Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 1:58 pm

fire and ice (p) Tumblr_ola106IKDn1vr3t5ho2_400

Parker smiled when Tessa told him her name. "Tessa. You have a very pretty name." Parker said, shifting his feet lightly on the ice so that they wouldn't stick. He was so interested in what this girl was doing here at night in a cheerleader uniform with possibly puffy eyes, but those weren't the kind of questions you could just ask someone

The son of Boreas skated quickly to collect the pucks and shove them to the corner of the ice. He got back just in time to catch Tessa as she stepped on to the ice. "Woah there, slick. It's not easy to walk on ice." Parker said with a small laugh. "I have like most of my skates from my hockey career because I couldn't bring to leave them at home where my parents may have thrown them away. I should have a pair that would fit you." Parker said, holding the girl up a little straighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fire and ice (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: fire and ice (p)   fire and ice (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fire and ice (p)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Lake-
Jump to: