Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

answers (p)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 am

After Liam had left and the day had dragged into night, Remy found herself leaning up against the wall in Gem's living room. It had been a long day for her, the dried blood on her leather jacket and tank top proved that. Her back was still somewhat sore too. But there were things that had to be done. As tired as she was, she needed to answer some questions.

"So," She started, looking at Gem, "What do you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:06 am

"Everything." Was Gem's response. He was still sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand and a pile of bones left behind from when they ordered wings. He still had a bit of sauce around his mouth.

"Why you left the way you did. What you did." Gem sighed and leaned back in his chair. "...You know how much I missed you? I thought you were dead. I even contacted the dead-- something I hardly ever do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 am

Remy nodded and took a seat next to him on the couch. "Well." She started, "I jumped off that bridge because it was the only way I could truly be free of them. There's no leaving the Greenpoint Crew, if you try they just find you again and then make you wish you had never even thought about leaving. I did try...you know. That's why my mother is dead." They had found out that she was trying to leave, cornered her in her mother's kitchen as she was begging her mother to leave with her. She watched as they killed her. Then they told her if she tried to leave again, they'd find somebody else to kill.

"As for what I did..." Remy swallowed, "just know that it was unforgivable."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 am

Gem tilted his head and cursed under his breath in Arabic. "You know you could've come to me, right? I would've gotten you out of there." He told her. "Why didn't you let me know? Were you scared that they would come for me too?" Gem asked, then shook his head. He knew it was wrong to blame her.

"I'm sorry," He sighed. "What did you do? You can tell me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 am

"Of course I was, Gem. I was scared that they'd go after anyone I was close to. They weren't gonna let me go unless they thought I was dead. So I made them think I was." There was a moment when Remy was standing on that bridge, where she wondered if it would actually kill her. If falling all that way would just snap her neck before she got the chance to shape change and swim away. She did it anyways. She couldn't spend another minute being a part of something so evil. Then again, she stayed with them for four years.

"Gem, I killed people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:22 am

Gem was quiet for what seemed like an hour. He was thinking about everything. Rolling it over in his head and wondering if that changed how he felt about Remy.

It didn't.

"So, what? Where does that leave you?" Gem asked, looking up at her. "Why did you decide to come back to Camp Jupiter? Was it because you had nowhere else to go or did you miss your friends too much?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:33 am

Remy sat there as Gem was silent. She didn't say anything, for fear of making the situation worse. Minutes seemed to drag on, all the while her stomach twisted into a nervous knot. She waited for him to say something, anything. She didn't even care if he yelled at her or told her to leave. She just didn't want to wait in silence anymore.

When he did speak, she could only shake her head and shrug, "I-I don't know. I came back because no matter where I went I would get attacked by monsters. For the past week, I've had a run in every day. I didn't decide to come here until I was wounded." As for why she didn't come back sooner, she wasn't sure. Maybe she liked running too much. Maybe she found it easier to stay detached.

"Gem, I'm sorry. For missing all those years."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Gem huffed and rubbed his hands together. "...Don't apologize. You were doing your own thing." He waved her apology away and continued to stare down at the floor. He stood up, wiping his mouth his the back of his head. "Do you have a place to stay?" The legacy of Pluto and Vulcan sighed heavily. "Doesn't matter, you're staying here for the night." He told her. "Do you have anything with you that we can go get?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:06 pm

"Yeah, I have a duffel on my bike. I'll go get it." Remy was thankful for his understanding. She wasn't sure what she was so nervous about earlier.

Remy walked outside where her bike still sat. She could hear crickets chirping all around her, and the small lights of fireflies that hovered lazily around the neighborhood. Her duffel bag was strapped onto the back. Everything she owned was in that bag. Most of her things had to be left behind. All she had were clothes, toiletries, some spare cash, and some old photos she had remembered to grab before she left Brooklyn.

Remy brought her duffel back inside, taking a seat on the couch. She opened her bag and pulled the photos out. They were a bit worn from traveling in her bag for so long, but they still held the memories of before things got really bad. She cycled through them, showing them to Gem. There were really old photos, ones of her parents when they were still in the legion, their wedding day, there were photos of her as a small child sitting between them, some of her and her mother, and then there were ones from her legion days. Most of them were of her and Gem, smiling and happy.

Then there were the photos that she forgot about. These were taken when she was still in Brooklyn. There were only two of them, both candid. It was her and a man, he was blonde and had blue eyes. They were laughing in the first one, and in the second one they were kissing. She wasn't sure why she had taken them with her.

"You weren't the only one that had a failed relationship."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Gem's eyes scanned over the pictures that were spread out in front of both him and Remy. He tilted his head some, studying the pictures closer. The twenty-three year old picked up one of the pictures of him and Remy at the lake inside of the camp's boarders. A wide smile came across his face as he remembered the day almost perfectly.

Then he saw photos that he never seen before. "Who's this?" Gem asked, setting the picture that was in his hand back down on the table and picking up the way where Remy and this guy was kissing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Remy stared at the picture, a sad smile appearing on her face. "Nikolai." She answered, pulling up the other photo of them. She looked happy. Maybe in that moment she was. Looking back on it, that time seemed like endless grey skies, but sometimes there were good moments.

"His name is Nikolai Dabrowski. I met him six months after they killed my mother. I dated him until I died. We even moved in together. He was...one of them." Its one of the reasons it took her so long to leave. She was afraid that if they knew that she left, they would kill him. There was a part of her that wished it had worked out. Maybe if she hadn't left, she would've married him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm

"Hm," Gem studied the photo closer before putting it down and turning his attention to Remy. "That's unfortunate. I'm sorry you had to give him up like that, Rem." He sighed heavily and leaned back on the couch. He still had the picture in his hand. "Do you know where he is now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:17 am

Remy picked the photo up and stared at it, leaning back on the couch. As much as she loved him, he was just like her. A monster. They killed people, some less innocent than others, but they were people all the same. Maybe, in a way, they deserved each other. Because she was no better than him. Part of her wondered what would've happened if she tried to get him to come with her. Would he refuse? Or would he give up his family, his way of life, to become a better person?

"Probably in Brooklyn. In the apartment we owned. Or maybe he's doing what I used to do. Follow a target home and kill them under a broken street lamp. Its anyones guess. I loved him though. I really did."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:18 am

Gem put the photo down on the table and stood up. He fell silent again, tapping his bicep. He was a lose for words. He didn't know how to exactly comfort her since he was never put in that situation. The legacy stood in front of his fireplace, then turned to look at Remy.

"...Do you want to go get him and bring him here?" Gem asked. He didn't know if that was possible or not. "But I'm assuming his a mortal so I guess that's out of the question. How big is this mob anyway? I mean, your mother is a god of war. How they even...? They must be powerful people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Remy shook her head, "No, no." That was something she was certain about. She wasn't even sure if he wanted to leave. Unlike her, he chose that life. Besides, he had a family. One that he could lose if he stepped out of line.

"I don't know. They were always pretty secretive. I could walk past a member from a different section and never know it. I only knew what I was supposed to know, and not an inch more. What I did know was that there were plenty of them, all over Brooklyn. When my mother was killed, she wasn't right. Ever since my dad died she had kind of...lost it. I think she was there at the time my dad died, but she never talked about it. In the end, it was me protecting her, not the other way around."

~~~

It was heartbreaking, watching her mother fall apart. The way she flinched if someone moved too quickly, or she heard something too loud. Acute PTSD was what the doctors told her. That was why she went back. Her mother couldn't live alone. Remy would go to school for the day, and when she came back she would get the groceries, clean the house, manage the bakery. Some days her mom's head was clearer, and maybe they'd go out for ice cream or to the movies. The day after that was always the worst though. Those were the days she'd skip school and stay by her mother's side.

It was a bad day when they came. Her mother just sat at the kitchen table, staring out to the streets of Greenpoint, singing a polish folk song Remy used to hear when she was little.

"Ona jedna tam została,
Jaskółeczka moja mała,
A ja tutaj w obcej stronie
Dniem i nocą tęsknię do niej."

She alone remained there,
My little swallow,
And I'm here on the foreign side
I miss her day and night.

Remy stood in the kitchen, trying to get through to her mother.

"Mama, please listen to me." She was practically begging at this point. Trying to get her mother to leave with her. "It's not safe here anymore, we have to leave."

"Żal, żal za dziewczyną,
Za zieloną Polska,
Żal, żal, serce płacze,
Już jej więcej nie zobaczę."

Sorrow, sorrow for that girl,
For green Poland;
Sorrow, sorrow, heart is crying,
I will see her no more.

"Mama." But she couldn't get any farther when the door to their apartment burst open. Five men entered, all unmistakably polish.

"We heard you were leaving." One of them said casually. He looked around the room, like he was just a visitor. Remy didn't say anything, she just stared them down, her chin held high. They didn't seem to take to that kindly, as one of them grabbed her mother and held a blade to her throat. Her mother looked terrified, like the warrior inside her was gone. The woman who used to stand proudly, protecting her daughter from any harm. The other two came and grabbed her by the arms, lifting her off the ground so her feet couldn't make purchase. She aimed a kick at one of them, trying to get free, but they were just as well trained as she was. They just laughed.

"Please don't hurt her." Remy begged, "She's done nothing wrong." She could feel tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

"Were you leaving?" The man asked again. Pressing the blade harder against her mothers throat.

Remy shook her head, the tears streaming down her face, "I wasn't"

Kasia squeezed her eyes closed. Like she was trying to teleport herself away from her. Once again she began to sing.

"Wina, wina, wina dajcie!
A jak umrę pochowajcie
Na zielonej Polska,
Przy kochanej mej dziewczynie"

Wine, wine, give me wine!
And when I die bury me
In green Poland
By my dear girl.

Then he slit her throat.

"That was for trying to leave." He said. The two men dropped her. They left her, sobbing over her mother's body. But the next day, she was back to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Gem took in a deep breath, turning his attention down to the roaring fireplace. "I am so, sorry to hear that about your mom, Remy." He reached down and took a hot coal out of the fire and let it roll around in his hand. Being the legacy of Pluto, he knew that death was just a part of life and sometimes, things happened to good people. However, that still didn't make up for the fact that Remy's mother was killed right in front of her very eyes.

"I can't imagine how that must feel. Well, I can imagine, but the emotional part not so much." Gem studied the flaming coal in his hand a bit longer before tossing it back into his fireplace. "How are you coping with that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:17 am

Remy shrugged blinking back the tears that had started to form, "I never really did, I guess." The truth was, she was never allowed to grieve. She was given a day, and then she was back to what she was supposed to be doing. Like it never even happened. She buried her mother, next to her father, sold the bakery and the apartment that she grew up in, and kept moving.

Maybe this was her moment. Remembering it again. Letting herself cry over her mother. It had been a while since she cried. She was always taught to toughen up and hide her feelings. She wasn't allowed to show weakness back then. Maybe she could show a little weakness now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:31 pm

"Well knows the perfect time for you to do so. You have nothing holding you back. You're in a 'safe space'." And by safe space, he meant his home. He continued to stand by the fire, though, since he was never good at comforting people. The Roman legacy bit the corner of his lip and turned his gaze down to the floor in front of him. "Go ahead, let it out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:44 am

The tears were flowing now, the memories of her mother coming back like a wound that had opened. It was like she had finally stopped running, and it had all caught up with her. The one thing she never wanted. She looked up at Gem, who stood by the fireplace. She stood up and crossed over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck to hug him.
"I'm gonna make it up to her, somehow. I'm going to become a better person, the person she wanted me to be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:15 am

Gem wrapped his arms around her midsection and held her close. He could at least do that for her. "You're already making her proud by coming back here and trying to get your life together. She'll answer that and so will the gods." He pulled away from her a bit so that he could look her in the eyes. "I love you and I'm glad you're back. Come on, you need the B3 shot at the Tipsy Toga."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Remy wiped the tears from her eyes, laughing a little bit. She had missed this. Missed having someone she could actually talk to. It was lonely on the road. You could talk to hundreds of people, but never feel connected. Every new person she met was a potential threat, and she was just a stranger.

"Yeah," She said at the mention of the Tipsy Toga, "I could use a stiff drink."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 am

"I could use a stiff drink too. Maybe I'll get the Janus and Jupiter's Bolt. Those are always good drinks." Gem gave her a small smile and drapped his arm around her shoulders. "But for you, I think you need the B3. Something stronger will help settle your mood." He kissed her temple before heading toward the door. "I think Liam got hotter in just a few days." He told Remy teasingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: answers (p)   

Back to top Go down

answers (p)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1