Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Warrior and Hunter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

The Warrior and Hunter Empty
PostSubject: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:29 pm

The Warrior and Hunter Tumblr_inline_o2v0f4wqdZ1sc3ygs_500
Ptolemy made his way from the sword and shield training in the arena to the archery range. There was an odd number of Ares kids so he decided to sit out and practice his archery skills. Although he mainly used a spear and shield when training or in battle, Ptolemy knew that if he wanted to impress his father then he would have to be well versed in all forms of weaponry.

The son of Ares was dressed in a celestial bronze breastplate, battle kilt, and a helmet underneath his arm. Ptolemy sat that aside, however, and grabbed a bow and a quiver full of arrows. Walking down the row of targets, he stopped beside a guy that looked to be around his age with brown hair and green eyes.

"Yo, is this target open?"
Ptolemy asked, pointing to the target that was right beside the other guys. There were a couple of arrows still left inside so that's why he asked.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Archery was traditionally a marksman's sport. Lots of waiting, aiming, and suspense. At least, something like that, according to Andrew's dad. Andrew had shot a bow when he was very young, but it wasn't nearly the same as his modern day routine. Typically, he liked to practice on live targets. But, finding a monster in a camp full of demigods and surrounded by a magic wall was as hard as you might expected. Hitting a domestic animal wasn't an attractive alternative either; at least not commonly. Andrew Johnson; man who kills a deer every day. What an attractive headline that would be.

"You know, some people's wolves would go and get the arrows and be a pal." Andrew said, to the wolf who was sitting beside his legs. Her position, as always, was strong and ready and her glare was sharp enough to cut steel, or even, celestial bronze. One might think she was just a beautiful sculpture with how still she was. Andrew raised his bow, and entirely neglected the "marksman" part of it. Shooting fast was just as important as accurately. Of course, a noise startled him, and his arrow went offside about a foot, hitting only the edge of the target.

The wolf, whom had just let out a brief howl, almost looked slightly amused now. Andrew sighed. "Yeah, no, you're a stud." Andrew sarcastically declared to his wolf. "I bet that slight howl would stop even Apollo himself in combat." Netha didn't show much reaction still, but Andrew stepped forward to reclaim his arrows. He grabbed them all, save for the one that was so far offside. "You think you could do better?" Andrew asked, which reclaimed Netha's unamused look, and placed an amused one on Andrew's face.

The stare off lasted more than it really should have, and shortly after, someone else entered the range. Andrew glanced at him, he didn't get the impression he was into archery, but surely enough, he was covering his bases. "Unless someone's shooting from really far away, I think it's clear." Andrew said. Ironically, he wasn't being sarcastic. In this camp, you never knew what the hell was going on.

"Y'know, if you use a big weapon, I hear accuracy isn't so important."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 pm

The son of Ares raised an eyebrow at the guy's response. "Great." He placed his spear down by his side and as he did so, the wolf sitting beside the guy caught his attention. Looking from his fellow camper to the wolf again, he slowly stood up. He assumed that the archer was either a son of Apollo or perhaps even one of his half siblings considering wolves were both the gods sacred animals.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow, turning his attention to the guy's face once he stood straight again. "I'm not using my spear. I'm doin' the arrows. Unless, you're referring to something else." With ease, he noticed an arrow and aimed it at the target. With a breath, he let go and watched it zip through the air and hit the third outer ring. "Dammit." He cursed before notching another one.  

Last edited by Green on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:12 pm

"Bigger people usually use bigger weapons. If David was large enough to beat Goliath with a stick, he probably wouldn't have used a sling." Andrew remarked, his tone was always without a serious tone in the world when it came to strangers. Of course, Andrew didn't like swords, axes, or polearms. He liked his small and quick weapons, he felt his odds were much better if he could be at a distance and attack quickly. Not dying was a good way of life, Andrew figured. It'd worked out pretty well so far.

The boy's arrow was pretty lopsided, which caused Andrew to shoot Netha a look. But her own smile was already formed. He knew how to read her like a book, but that wasn't always a great thing. "You're kidding." Andrew replied. The tables were turned, he was now the one who wasn't amused. Netha knew he was a great shot, but would never give him the credit for it.

"I hate to use you as a demonstration." Andrew remarked, looking a way to notch an arrow. "Sorta." Andrew said again, with a shrug. "But my friend is insisting that you're a better shot." Andrew pulled the release back and let his arrow fly. It wasn't dead center, which was regretful for him, but it did hit the bullseye.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 6:55 pm

"Well, you may have a point. Though, with the f*ckin' strength and power of a stone in the right spot would've and did do a lot more damage." Ptolemy explained with a shrug of his shoulders. He had a thing for war stories. Maybe it was the simple fact that his father was the infamous Ares.

Was that guy having a conversation with his wolf? He didn't know. Maybe he was in fact a son of Apollo. That would make plenty of since a literal wolf was by his side. Ptolemy decided not to ask any questions.

Ptolemy looked over at the guy and snorted. "Shit, you might be a better shot than I am." Once again, assuming that he was an Apollo kid. Ptolemy took in a deep breath and let the arrow fly. It hit the second inner ring. Thanks telumakinesis.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 1:49 pm

"Yeah..." Andrew replied to the other boy. "I also think that water might be wet." Andrew tossed his words out carelessly, a typical symptom of his daily activities. Andrew didn't make friends easily, his bond with Netha was cemented to a point where he didn't need other people in his life. Those who did stick around were generally more worthy than he was. Andrew notched another arrow, and released it just as quickly, this time it hit the dead center. A pleased look appeared on Andrew's face, but upon further inspection, Netha was still unchanged. "You're no fun." Andrew muttered to her.

"Not for nothing, this trade can suck worse than a Roomba on steroids." Andrew said. "Back straight, arms bent, don't compensate for the wind unless it's bad enough. If you like your fingers, keep them clear of the head and fletching. If not, I think they make fake ones now." Andrew finished. Netha and Andrew's head both now cocked to the boy, waiting for a response to the insult or the advice.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Ptolemy raised an eyebrow at the camper's quick and witty response. He had half the mind to take his spear and shove it right up his -- "I think rocks are hard." Ptolemy notched another arrow and was about to shoot it when his fellow camper started talking.

His eyes slowly slid over to look at the boy and his wolf. With a snort, he let the arrow fly. It broke the shaft of the other arrow and stabbed into the target. "...You got a smart ass mouth." Ptolemy lowered his bow, looking him up and down with a sneer on his face. The son of Ares reached into his quiver and handed the boy an arrow to replace the one he broke on purpose. "Name's Ptolemy, son of Ares. Yours?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Andrew watched the arrow whisk and hit his own. This kid was as flashy as Abigail, and Andrew wasn't going to let it fly. Literally, he wasn't going to let his arrows fly like that. "Tsk tsk tsk." Andrew cooed to him. "I'd rather have a smart-ass mouth than a dumb-ass mouth." He challenged. He removed an arrow from his quiver, Spinning it around his fingers for flare. He was lucky, considering half of the time he dropped it, and this time he didn't. The expression on Netha's face was solid, but she was thinking about what it might look like if he dropped it.

"My name is classified, and yours is hard to pronounce." Andrew bluntly said. He notched the arrow, and let it fly. It repeated Ptolemy's performance, and pierced his arrow, nailing the bullseye. "We're even in arrows. I'm impressed by your patience more than your archery. I'd like to consider myself able to trigger even the most patient."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Ptolemy snorted, shaking his head. He put his arrow back in his quiver, but didn't move from his position. He looked him up and down. "Those are fightin' words, Classified." Ptolemy stated, but kept his cool.

The son of Ares walked back up to him until he only a few inches away from him. "Hm, keep it up. I like that shit." Ptolemy patted the side of his the camper's face before he turned around and grabbed his spear.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Andrew didn't react the usual way he would have when the demigod patted his face. Andrew was typically very defensive, but the attitude his one had, was at least respectful. He caught himself keeping an eye on the demigod who was pacing away. The interaction was interesting, to say the least...

It was then that Netha snapped him back into his smart-ass reality, as she growled towards the son of Ares. Andrew's blank look turned into a grin. "She doesn't like when people touch her human." Andrew said, his voice was somewhat coy. Netha wasn't going to pounce, but the defensive nature was a flattering reminder to Andrew that he was never without his best friend. "As nice as your touch is, I'm not the boss of her, you know."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm

When he heard the growl, Ptolemy turned around and looked at the wolf. His eyes stayed trained on her like she was the last half rack of ribs at the dinner table. His muscles tensed up and his pupils retracted. The son of Ares looked the wolf over, analyzing her dark features. He could take her.

"So you're the b*tch then?"
Ptolemy looked up at the guy and snorted. He turned his attention back to Netha and snapped his jaws at her. "You cute too, Wolf, but I ain't into that bestiality shit. That's for these otha' Greeks runnin' around here." Ptolemy spun his spear around in his hand, then behind his back. He tossed it over his head and without looking up, stopped it with his telumkisis. So, he was a show off. Sue him. "So, are you all about archery are do you like to get your hands dirty, Classified?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Andrew's expression turned from interested to unhappy, the second he insulted Netha. The reaction was even more angry from Netha, as she inched closer, her growls becoming more deadly. Last time she attacked someone, Chiron sat Andrew down for a very uncomfortable subject. At the end of the day, Andrew made it clear. No her; no him. Andrew stepped forward now, the time for jokes was done. Well, one more, anyway. "I get it, that's the only spear you're waving around for people."

"Listen up, she's a lady." Andrew said, bitterly and angrily. "Your jokes? They gotta stop at me. You take it to her, you take it too far." Andrew stepped forward again. Realistically, Ptolemy was much larger than him, but when Andrew was angry, he lost his sense of reason. "You gonna apologize to the lady? Keep going, and you're gonna see how dirty my hands can get."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Ptolemy snorted. "Is that what you think? Maybe you should wing by my cabin, then. I'll show you a f*ckin' spear, alright. You know what they say about black guys, right?" Ptolemy now had a cocky look on his face.

Even with the camper being upset and the wolf obviously not pleased with what the son of Ares said, he just shrugged. "So, I can pick on you all day, but I can't talk about her? Huh. Shit, okay. Sorry, m'dude. Sorry, Wolf." Ptolemy snorted again and reached up to grab his spear out of the air. "Can I still see how dirty your hands can get? As the head consoler of the Ares' cabin, it's my f*ckin' duty to make sure all campers are..." He looked him up and down before smirking cockily.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Andrew let his feet carry him back, but Netha capitalized on the newfound distance, placing her form in front of Andrew. The glare she carried was unchanged from the beginning of the conversation. "Yeah, who's 'they' in this situation? You?" Andrew pressed, but slightly less hostility was in his voice. Netha's presence in front of him was reassuring, like seeing a familiar face after a first day of school. Only, that first day involving a ton of arguing.

"Sheesh, here I thought that I was the worst counsler in this camp, and then you came along." Andrew raised a brow. It was true, Andrew really shouldn't be the leader of his cabin. He challenged the former leader during a petty argument, and Netha won it for him. No one challenged him after that, not while Netha was still around. "I'll still show you how dirty my hands can get." Andrew pressed forward with the innuendo. "But, be weary. You guys use your weapons and run. The lady and I? That's just half our job."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 pm

"Nah." Ptolemy looked down at the wolf and glared back at her. He really wanted to fight her for some reason. Maybe it was a Ares' thing. Snorting, he turned his attention back to Andrew's face with an unbothered look on his own.

The leader of the Ares cabin smirked and simply said, "And here I am watchin' you hide behind a wolf. I have a companion too, but I don't go around with him as a babysitter." He gestured to her without removing his eyes from the guys' face. He thought that the guy looked familiar. He'd seen him talking in one of the meetings they had twice a month, but could never remember his name or god parent. "Oh? Who's your god parent? Not Apollo." He spun his spear around and glanced up to see a large bird circle over head, then soared off toward the Ares cabin. "So, ready to get down and dirty or are you just gonna stand there and look cute, Classified?" Ptolemy bit his lip and started walking toward the sword and shield section of the arena.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 7:11 pm

"What can I say?" Andrew shot back. "It's not my fault she's just so damn fierce." Andrew challenged. There was virtually nothing that could be done to make him feel apprehensive towards Netha. Her friendship meant the world to him. So long as she was around, he would never feel unloved, even for a moment. Andrew held back for just a moment. "Let's try not to make this time get us kicked into Chrion's office." Andrew whispered to Netha. They shared a stare for a moment, before Andrew sneaked a pet of her head. He then followed Ptolemy.

"Swords?" Andrew nearly scoffed. "You call me cute and then bring me to swords?" Andrew repeated. There wasn't a good way to say it. Andrew hated swords. He'd only ever held one twice. "What part of your hands are getting dirty exactly? The blade is feet away from the handle."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm

Ptolemy snorted, looking back down at the wolf, then at Andrew again. He moistened his lips and tried his best to remain as civil as possible. "Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night."

The son of Ares raised an eyebrow and turned around to look at his fellow camper. "Shit, you ready to go hand-to-hand wit' me?" Ptolemy put his spear off to the side and looked him up and down. "Alright, f*ck, if you think you can handle this, then come on." Ptolemy raised his fists and glared daggers at the fairer skinned camper. "Let's see what you got, Classified."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Andrew took a moment to think about just how he'd gotten himself in this spot. He woke up that morning, got breakfast, and shot some arrows to avoid having to pointlessly kill an animal to practice. Then a stranger walked by, and this happened. His wit was enough to easily match Andrew's. Not a lot of people carried that wit. Of course, Ptolemy didn't carry just wits. He also carried weapons and looked like he knew how to throw a punch. To hail mary a punch, even.

"Shouldn't be called hand-to-hand if it ends with my foot in your ass." Andrew replied. He was slightly ticked. Most people left something to pick on, something to get under their skin with. Ptolemy knew the game, and wasn't doing any such thing. At least, except for the spear.

Andrew raised his fists. He didn't have good odds here. But, the bad odds were a lot better than they would have been in a sword fight.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Ptolemy kept his eyes on his fellow camper. His senses peaked by just a fraction, but peaked nonetheless. He'd done this so many times from being five years old and being told that his father was probably in prison or disrespecting his mother by calling her a hoodrat. However, no matter how many times he raised his fists, it was 9/10 for a good reason. This reason was to kick this guy's ass and to show him who was dominate.

After a couple of seconds of starring at Classified, he swiftly gave him a one-two punch to his face and then to his side.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Andrew wasn't much of a fist fighter. As a kid, he'd seriously struggled with Mike Tyson's Punchout. After that, he'd decided he's just do what they did in Hollywood to win fights. Cheat. Of course, that usually implied some preparation time. Right now he had none, but he did have a lovely wolf to save him if things got too out of hand.

His hands were in defensive style, but the first punch nabbed Andrew in the side of the head. Andrew flicked his head back, and didn't even have time to think of something witty to say before a fist his his side. He stepped back, he was pretty sure there was some blood coming from his face. His head snapped back to Netha, who was seemingly judging the fight. Just like having your parents watch you blow the lead in a little league baseball game. At least he'd be better at fighting if he'd played baseball.

Andrew's head snapped back from the momentary distraction. He did have something in mind. But it was too early. Andrew went for a punch, directly to Ptolemy's face. He just had to hope the son of Ares lacked defensive skills.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Unfortunately that hope would be crushed. Aside from being a skilled spearman, Ptolemy advanced in hand-to-hand combat. You had to be especially dealing with his rowdy brothers and sisters. From street fighting to boxing, to even some forms of Eastern martial arts.

When Andrew threw a pretty decent punch, the son of Ares side stepped, grabbed Andrew's forearm and spun around in a semicircle, then let go of Andrew. He stormed over to Andrew. He didn't want to hurt him too bad. Just bad enough to get his point across about running off at the mouth and not being able to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior and Hunter   The Warrior and Hunter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior and Hunter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Arena and Armory :: The Archery Range-
Jump to: