Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Empty
PostSubject: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 1:20 am

Omaira sat in the library alone, frowning at the scroll set before her. There was nothing specifically wrong with the scroll--her shabti, Clayton (though the clay figurine preferred He-Who-Knows-All-About-Reeds), had retrieved the one she specifically asked for. It was just....so....so infuriating.

She uttered the spell for the umpteenth time. Silver hieroglyphics flashed in front of her, but the desired results had yet to appear. Omaira cursed in ancient Egyptian and slammed her fist on the table, rattling the contents setting upon it. She was so absorbed in her work that she didn't even notice the sound of someone else entering the library.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 2:55 am

The someone entering was little Cassi, she was possible so small that she could get lost about anywhere. With a smile on her face she looked around for something fun to do, not read of course, but maybe she would find someone here?

Oh and she did, an irritated Omaira. Oh, what a happy day! She skipped over to her friend "Omaira~" she says in a happy voice with a big grin on her face now Looking a bit around other than that.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 2:59 am

Oh, it was just Cassi. Omaira, though initially annoyed at being interrupted, couldn't help but smile at Cassi. "Hey," she greeted before turning her attention back to the scroll. She wasn't quite sure if the friendly girl would stay in the library or find some other place to wander to; her concern at the moment was just trying to learn the spell.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 am

"watchay doing?" she question looking at the scroll. Oh she wouldn't leave now, poor Omaira couldn't be alone, nop. "dooo you need some help?~" this girl was as happy as ever "or maybe we can do something fun?" she smiled with an innocent smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:11 am

The girl sighed. "Uh....I'm trying to learn this new spell," Omaira explained, pointing at the parchment in question. "Something about summoning a swarm of locust. Moses did it in the Bible, so I asked myself, 'Why can't I?' "

Then Omaira allowed her frustration to show through. Though she normally resented it when Cassi interrupted her, she was just having too much difficulty right now. "Actually, if you can help me in any way it'd be much appreciated," she replied, something that she rarely said.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 am

She nods "well yeah, I can help, I am smart you know" she said jokingly before sitting down by Omi. "But do you think it's a good idea to summoning swarm of locust?" she said looking over at the girl "And if you want to do that we need to go to an ocean too, so I can split the water" she said half serious.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 am

"Hmm...." Omaira never really thought about what was a good idea and what wasn't when it came to magic; she just....err, did. "It may come useful one of these days," she replied. She smirked a bit at Cassi's joke but didn't giggle. She looked over at the cubbyholes. "Could you ask one of the shabti to find a scroll called The Ten Plagues of Egypt?" she asked, not looking up from the scroll before her.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 4:18 am

She shrugged her shoulder "It may, and may not" she said before looking around for one of thous thingy. "Hey you!" she said and asked the little shabti to get the book Omi asked for "But you know Omi, I still want to learn to split the water like Mooses did" she said as she waited for the book wondering how she would do that.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 8:27 pm

"Hmm....it may be one of the spells that were lost after Ancient Egypt finally fell. I'm certain that the Twelve Plagues are in here--they were even more famous, since the House was unable to counteract them," Omaira replied as she scanned over the scroll again. She looked over her shoulder to see if the shabti had returned yet.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:47 am

She was half following at what Omi said. "So in other words, it's hard and havn't been done for a long long time?" she said as the tingy came back with what Omi asked for giving it to Cassi. "oh, here" she said giving it to Omi as she dumped back down in her seat. She was playing with her hair stretching a bit.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:56 am

"I guess--the spell just needs to be rediscovered, I think," Omaira replied. Her dark eyes brightened at the sight of the scroll the shabti had just returned with. "Oh, great!" she exclaimed, grinning like someone had just given her a lifetime supply of cream soda. However, she took in a deep breath and calmed herself. Satisfied, she reached for the ancient parchment from Cassi and carefully examined it. Yes, this was the scroll she was looking for. She felt like giggling with glee. "Ooh," she murmured as she continued to read the hieroglyphics. This was going to be a tricky one.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 3:46 am

She frowns a bit. "did you find some candy?" she question looking at her friend, almost worrying about her. Omi was, most of the time really calm. "dose it say something funny, like, this spell is for summoning candy!?" this was Cassi's way of joking around, but in reality she actually wanted to try it herself, but she would probably mess it up with sifting a bit on the sound and blowing everything up.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Omaira raised an eyebrow at her friend's question. "No, it doesn't say anything about candy," she replied, still giddy about the contents of the scroll. "Unless you consider a swarm of locust candy, which I'm rather sure you don't--at least, I don't," she added. No, locusts were pests, and the Egyptians had suffered greatly from them before. A spell like this could come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 3:23 am

She frowns a bit before smiling again "Oh I need to come up with a spell to summon candy, can you make candy out of water?" she question a bit out in the air "and no, I don't think those things you are going to summon are candy..." she said looking around a bit bored now of course.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 2:06 am

"Well, some cultures consider locust and grasshoppers a delicacy," Omaira commented as she breathed in the scent of the old papyrus scroll. Ancient Egypt: sand, more sand, and spices. "It's actually quite good for you, too. It's in the kosher guidelines. I actually have had grasshopper before--and it's not too bad, though I didn't have it raw."
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 2:32 am

She frowns a bit "well, it's an insect and that's not food, that's something that jumps around and well do insect things" the she smiles a bit, "But if we are really hungry then if you summon them then we have some food and they can probably attack our foes" she smiles thinking she had come up with something really smart now.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 5:21 pm

Omaira giggled at her friend's suggestion. "Well, I suppose that would work if you wanted it to," she responded before suddenly squealing with glee. "I've got it!" she cried before fixing her demeanor. She looked back over at Cassi. "We should probably go outside. If it works, I'm not too sure Carter will be very happy about a swarm of locust devouring all of the ancient texts."
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 am

She smiles brightly "of course that could work!" she says before jumping up and nodding "Yeah Carter would probably kill us if one of this text gets damage or worse they would find the way to the kitchen" she said in horror before smiling again "but let's go out, I have something new I want to try too~" she says with a smile
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:59 am

OOC: Sometime later, on the roof (Cassi may or may not have candy at this point)....

BIC:

"Remember, if this all goes to crap, we tell Carter than Darius did it," Omaira said to Cassi for the umpteenth time as she examined the ancient scroll in her hand once more, her other hand holding her staff and wand (not a good way to hold your weapons but whatever).
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 3:12 am

OOC: Okey, Cassi would probably have candy XD

BIC:

Cassi was standing beside her having a lollipop in her mouth. She took it out "yeah yeah, Darius did it if it goes all wrong, maybe it will overflow with locust on the roof, they would just keep popping up from then to now" she said with a smile. She herself was hold a khopesh with on hand and the lollipop with her other hand.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 am

"All righty, here goes nothing." Omaira took a deep breath before bringing her staff up and pointing outwards, away from her and Cassi and towards the buildings of Brooklyn. She muttered the spell, watched as the silver hieroglyphics appeared and floated into the air, and waited. At first, nothing happened. She frowned. Had she said it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Cassi looked at her friend almost jumping in excitement as she smiles brightly. "Oh boy, I hope you get it right, that would be soooo cool" she says smiling and letting her eyes wander over too where the hieroglyph was aimed at, but as it didn't work right away she frowns a bit tilting her head. Maybe the where itsy bitsy tiny one?

//sorry for being gone for so long...
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 11:08 am

OOC: It's fine.

BIC:

Suddenly, it happened.

A huge, enormous swarm of locusts appeared, each easily the the length of Omaira's hand from pinky to thumb spread out as far as possible. They were huge, and buzzing--

--and flying out towards Brooklyn.

"Oh come on," Omaira groaned. "Well, it looks like Darius is at it again."
Back to top Go down
Viva
Viva

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 3:25 am

Cassi clapped her hands as they flew out over Brooklyn not really careing about the people out there having to deal with them. "You did it" She said flashing a bright smile. She was as happy as always "but they weren't suppose to escape like that right?" Cassi question looking out of the roof before she happily continued to suck on her lollipop. Her eyes where thinking a bit about what they should do next "do you want a cake or something?" She finely said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions   Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clay, Old Papyrus, and Interruptions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Brooklyn House :: First Floor :: The Library-
Jump to: