Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

you throw parties, we throw knives (private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sakura haruno

PostSubject: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Simcha Yoshida is online
Listening to: For Whom the Belly Tolls
"may the way that i go be regrettable, gruesome"
down at the far end of the archery range, simcha set up her own ax-and-knife-throwing range. the nymphs don't like it when you play with sharp objects around their trees, but she needs to practice her long-distance skills.

she throws one of her hand axes at the target with a grunt, narrowly missing the bulls eye and curses under her breath as she walks over to pull it out of her wooden target. the standard straw ones are too fragile; she'd end up ripping them to shreds, and then she'd be put on target stuffing duty which sucks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 pm

Kasi wandered into the archery range. She had planned to practice her archery skills today, but she dreaded it. She liked fighting with her white bronze sword, arrows were not her thing. Plus, being a daughter of Athena, sword play was a bit better to mess with, and determine what the opponents next move would be. She sighed as she picked up a practice now and some arrows. She aimed towards the Target, missing terribly, the first arrow skimmed the edge of the target and whizzed right by. She stomped her black converse into the dirt frustratedly. Kasi took a deep breath, reloading her arrow and trying her hardest to focus and ignore all the voices soaring through her head. She aimed, and let go, this time it his the target but very far away from her main target. She stomped her foot again, frustrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:16 am

Simcha Yoshida is online
simcha was just about to throw another ax at her target when an arrow embedded itself in the furthermost ring of her target, completely messing up her focus.

she turns to look down the archery field and sees another girl practicing, appearing to have trouble with her bow and arrow.

"hey, do you need help with that?" she calls out, jogging over. archery's not her main forte as she prefers fighting with her axes or knife, but she knows a thing or two about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Kasi laughed as the girl approached her, the girls throughts wandered through Kasi's head, and she tried to ignore it. But her long lasting headache caused her other problems. "I know what I'm doing..." she said awkwardly "the arrow just doesn't want to go where I want it to go" she grinned, at the girl, as she tried to reload another arrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:16 pm

Simcha Yoshida is online
"yeah, i hear ya," simcha says, laughing slightly. "archery's real annoying."

"i'm simcha, by the way," she says, taking care to pronounce the hard h. "daughter of astrape. i mainly specialize in axes but i'll just be down there if you do need any help!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Kasi set the remaining arrows and bow down on the ground. "I'm giving up" she said quietly. "I'd rather play with my sword" she said pulling her white bronze sword out of her pocket. "And I know who you are actually" Kasi mentioned to Simcha, then Kasi made a funny face. She really needed to not tell everyone she could read minds and NOT sound like a know it all. "I mean... oh. Im Kasi" she grinned at the girl again "Im a daughter of Athena, I would rather plan the archery battles rather than be in them.." she laughed awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:22 am

Simcha Yoshida is online
it's a bit odd that she already knew who simcha was, but she has been at camp for a while. they'd probably been in training together at some point.

"honestly, having us practice archery at still targets is just a waste," she says. "before coming to camp i'd taken some survival courses for backpacking, and as soon as we were able to hit a bulls eye they put us on moving targets."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am

Kasi shrugged "I mean I've hit the target multiple times... On accident or not. But, moving targets I feel like could b easier because you actually have an actual moving target. You know?" She said doing a funny trick with her sword, then she put it back into her pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Simcha Yoshida is online
"exactly!" simcha says. "plus it makes actual battle so much easier. like, what, are the monsters just gonna stand still and wait for us to shoot them?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:02 pm

Kasi laughed "yes. That is exactly what they're supposed to do" she responded. She looked around the arena, and noticed the axe's that were planted into the target that Simcha was throwing at. "Axes?" She questioned, examining the target from a far. "That's kind of different, usually you see people throwing knives."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Simcha Yoshida is online
simcha blushes a bit. as much as she loves her competing, she isn't used to really talking about it. "it's not really a battle thing, but when i was a kid i was really into the whole lumberjack look and learned how to throw axes. it's like a performance thing, y'know," she says, shrugging slightly. "you throw the axe and try to hit the bulls eye, and whoever gets the most bulls eyes wins."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kasi

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Kasi tilted her head, interested. "They seem that they might be heavier than knives, harder to throw?" She was questioning Simcha, but she was also curiously questioning herself. She walked over to the side of the arena and picked up an axe. Kasi was athletic, but she wasn't necessarily strong. "Yep" she said loudly taking in a large breath "very. Heavy." She put the axe back on the ground and stared at it, deafeated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 am

Simcha Yoshida is online
simcha laughs. she always forgets not everyone is used to fighting with axes. "yeah, it....takes a lot of getting used to. i've been using them for ages." she shrugs modestly. "it's a bit of a challenge, but it's rewarding i guess. not very practical for battle, but very fun for showing off."

ooc: shdjkf i completely forgot you replied, i am soooo sorry!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you throw parties, we throw knives (private)   

Back to top Go down

you throw parties, we throw knives (private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1