Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Pool (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:50 am

The world, ending.... "Wait, you know how the Kanes said we should stay away from Manhattan because of 'other gods?' Would their world have ended, too?" Omaira asked as the thought struck her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:54 am

"Probably. I'd imagine that if one set of Gods tried to end the World, the others would be affected. Like if New York got nuked, we'd all be affected here." She'd shrug, still scratching Phil's head. Strange things, but you sort of got used to it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:59 am

"It makes sense when you put it that way," Omaira admitted as her eyes wandered to the Empire State Building in the horizon, as if it were a barrier that was impossible to cross. "Wonder what they're like, whoever they are," she commented, more to herself than to Charity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:06 am

"Pick a Mythology, and maybe you'll find out?" She'd shrug. Phil wandered back to the pool. "Why so curious? Wondering if you've made a mistake in coming here?" She didn't really expect a detailed answer, she was merely making conversation
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:13 am

Knowing Omaira, of course it was a detailed answer. "Well, it's just that the House is too restricting in its rules. No room for creativity to flow, you know. You can't do this, you can't do that....it's so boring!" She sighed, flopping back against the chair in an overly dramatic fashion. "It's hard to believe that for centuries, the House forbid even the hosting of gods--which is an honor, you know! And they went against the gods! So much time wasted, and all for naught!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:16 am

"How do you know it's not worse in the other place? Maybe they're children of the Gods and Mortals? What if you lived your whole life, being attacked by monsters and you didn't know why or how to defend yourself? At least here, anyone can learn Magic. The other places might be more exclusive." She'd eye the other girl suspiciously. "You saying you want to go check out the other place?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:18 am

Omaira shrugged. "Maybe I can learn something--how to make a new creature for a shabti, perhaps," she replied. "Or maybe new spells--or new weapons--who knows? The possibilities are endless with any mythology mix."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:25 am

"Well, I can tell you one thing that might happen: We might just hasten the end of the World by mixing things that don't belong together". She happened to like being alive. And planned to stay that way for a long time, Khonsu permitting. She wondered if she'd be able to extend her life, stay young for a long time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 am

"Well, the world's boring unless it's about to end," Omaira said, frowning. It was true. Nobody did anything until the gods returned and the Kanes showed up. Sure, Apophis about devoured the sun, but at least it'd been something other than staring into bowls all day. "I'd rather live my whole life fighting than doing nothing at all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:33 am

She'd look up to the sky for a sign of Aira's patron, and not seeing any, shrugged. "Looks like Seker doesn't care what you said, so you're fine." She, on the other hand, spent a lot of time being extremely careful about what she said about Khonsu. She had heard from the Carters about their friend, and had no intention of displeasing the God of Time. Though, she figured if she ranted about him in her sleep, she was unconscious and not exactly in control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:37 am

"Seker is fine as long as I don't do anything that disrespects him--or onions, for that matter," Omaira replied, though she didn't want to go into detail about the onions. Ogres are like onions. Dammit. Too late for not disrespecting onions. She didn't think the gods even really controlled their lives. Their lives were theirs to live, and she was sure that Seker agreed with her. After all, he'd never intervened with any of her other plots before. "I'm just trying to make new things--make things better, I guess. If ending the world is what it takes, so be it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:41 am

She'd give Aira a funny look. "What's wrong with onions? I like them in my burgers and hot dogs, and I like Onion Rings. What could you possibly have against Onions? Or Funions?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:42 am

Omaira averted her gaze and rapidly shook her head. "Don't wanna talk about it," she mumbled. Seriously, did people just not understand the thing with Seker and his onions? What was up with people not knowing their own mythology?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:52 am

"I swear to Khonsu, I will bury you in Onions and Funions if you don't talk about it"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Omaira glanced over at Charity wearily. "You know nothing of the significance of the onion," she said gravely. "Onions are used in ceremonies celebrating the Underworld aspect of Seker. If there's one thing I've learned, it's not to screw around with dead things." Necromancy was one of the few magics that Omaira would never mess with. It was far too unpredictable. Omaira didn't really care about the "immorality" of it, she was just aware of the dire consequences for if things went wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:08 pm

"Ah. That's an interesting and valid point." She had forgotten about that aspect of Onions. "Makes you wonder why people enjoy eating them, but I guess since they're all basically ignorant of the fact, and that they wouldn't believe anyone who told them, that they really don't care."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:33 pm

"I suppose so," Omaira murmured in response, though her mind was wandering elsewhere, to different lands, to different times....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:21 am

Noticing that the other girl had zoned out, she'd quietly walk over and put a sun hat on her, having pulled it from the Duat. Then she return to the lounge chair
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:08 pm

With the combination of both the perfect day and the sunhat--courtesy of dear Charity--Omaira felt her eyelids grow heavy. Within minutes, she was asleep in the lounge chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:53 pm

She'd look to Phil and smile. "Maybe you should keep her company. Don't want want her to get sunburned, do we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pool (Open)   

Back to top Go down

The Pool (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2