Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Running From Two Dangers

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Zosime was too far behind to see them stop, but she still pressed on all the more. Hayden was *this* close to be a goner, and she wasn't about to give up this chance to kill the boy once and for all. Killing another male was just an added bonus.

Suddenly, as she broke through the line of trees, she could see up ahead that the two boys had stopped and were replenishing themselves. She snorted as she ran even faster. Fools! She would kill both of them without hesitation, and Artemis's honor would be avenged.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Hayden watched as the huntress broke through the tree line and was now in his line of vision. She was still too far away to tell what they were doing. Hayden brought his bow up and pointed an arrow, he fired it. Aiming for her head, this time the arrow wouldn't be inhibited by the movement of running, and being carried. He notched another one, and shot it towards her. "Get ready!" Hayden told Liam... They may actually have a good shot at winning. Hayden shot a third arrow towards her, she was closer now. Hayden could clearly see her face, and he aimed a fourth arrow for it. While he wasn't big on killing people, but better her then them at this point.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Liam got into a better stance for fighting, you know making him sturdier, harder to move, lower center of gravity, etc. He brought up his sword and dagger, he didn't want to use his abilities just yet, or rather at all. He was really afraid of killing anyone, he wasn't sure if he could live with the blood on his hands. Sure, he'll harm people but only in self-defense.
"I don't know man." He said, bracing himself for an attack. He was waiting for her to get close, as he had short ranged weapons, as well as not wanting to throw away a perfectly good dagger. Who would know if the slits or the extra wide guard would come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Zosime dodged one arrow after another. So Hayden had finally decided to shoot to kill. Well, it was about time. It really was a shame....in another life, had he been a girl, he could've been a Hunter to make up for his existence. She grabbed for her own bow and notched an arrow in it, slowing down when she came about 30 feet away from the boys. She aimed the arrow at Hayden's chest. "Hayden," she called out, "end this now. I must finish this and restore Artemis's honor. The other one will be permitted to live if you cooperate." Harsh, but it was what was needed.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm

"We'll be fine." He told Liam, as he shot another arrow. He was almost out of arrows, which could be a bad thing. He glared at the huntress. "You know, technically her honor or whatever, is gone for good. Me dying isn't going to change that." Hayden told her, he held his bow up with an arrow ready to shoot if she made any sudden movements. "Do you know how sound right now? Like a mindless zombie! You do realize, that the only reason you're trying to kill me, is because every time Artemis tries to, she just can't do it. You're just a zombie doing her master's dirty work." He smiled at her, knowingly. "You really think I'm gonna just let you kill me, after all this week? Without any kind of fight?" He asked her, was she dumb or just stupid? He wondered.
"Liam, you can go. She won't attack you, its me she wants." He told him. She wouldn't waste the time or the arrow it would take for her to shoot at him. If she did, she'd be dead, cause his arrow would be going right between her eyes.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:43 pm

"Naw, I think I'll stay. I don't think I'll be able too anyway. Personal reasons." He added softly.
He wondered if he could use his powers in such a way that it affect her, but not physically. He knew he could affect nonphysical things, like light and stuff, he wondered how it would affect her. Would it hurt her mentally? Perhaps it would disrupt the electric pulses in her nervous system. He had no idea, but you cant get anywhere without experimentation, and now was a good time as ever to give it a try.
The air dropped a degree or two in temperature, and his hands were trembling with energy. He felt tingly all over, most notably in his hands and arms, they also looked a bit red, almost as if he had been burned. He smiled, thought he timing was most inappropriate the sensations felt incredibly exhilarating.
"I hope no one dies here." His voice was just above a whisper, the energy also trickled into the sound, making it louder and more forceful than he intended.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Suddenly, Zosime felt something happen within herself. She couldn't explain--she had never felt anything like in all her years of life. It started out as a prickling feeling in her hands, her fingers, then they traveled up her arms, her chest, the rest of her body. She watched as her bow--her hand--trembled. Now, she couldn't even focus to aim at Hayden's chest anymore. Her vision grew blurry, and she could feel many of the muscles in her arms spasm. Her knees buckled beneath her, and the bow fell out of her hand. 

Somehow, she had gained enough strength to look up at the boy--this Liam--with her signature murderous glare. "What....did....you....do?!" she managed before collapsing entirely on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Hayden gasped, not expecting to be affected also. He wasn't affected as much as the huntress was, but whatever Liam had done to the energy in the air was making a really loud sound and Hayden was standing right next to the source of it. Hayden reacted out of instinct first, and dropped his bow to the ground so that his hands would be free to cover his ears. "Little bit of a warning next time." He hissed back, as closed his eyes. Hayden then remembered to open them again, in case the huntress wasn't completely incapacitated.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm

"I have no idea what I did." He said, answering the huntress question.
He had dropped his weapons, his hands were trembling to violently to hold anything violently. He watched as the huntress collapsed to the ground, he was more or less surprised at their reaction, he had not expected that to happen. The light was starting to get a little warped, light being bent and things being colors that they shouldn't be. He stopped, and everything more or less went back to normal. The tingling feeling remained, though not as strong as it was before.
"Sorry, I'll try and warn you next time. I was experimenting." He shrugged as he stooped over and grabbed his sword and dagger. He looked at the huntress and stole a little bit of her energy, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm

The huntress attempted to rise but found that she couldn't. She could not physically bring herself to do it. At first, panic set in; few times in her very long and very dangerous life had Zosime felt so helpless. It seemed like even breathing too the maximum amount of effort.

"Mala...kas," she hissed in agony as she finally summoned enough of her remaining strength to rise to a kneeling position, staring up in fury at the two boys who were still standing not too far from her. She tried to stand but fell back to the ground, cursing in Greek as she did so. She glared daggers first at Liam, the boy who was causing her such pain, then to Hayden, who seemed to be the source of all of her troubles for the past several weeks.

"I'm....not....an undead....creature," she panted, clenching her fists. "I....am....alive and....you....need to be....d-destroyed. Artemis....made a m-mis....take." For a moment, did it seem like her hard gaze softened a bit? Perhaps it was just an illusion, for then her gaze grew just as fiery and hateful as ever. "The gods....will kill you....if....if I-I don't," she finished as aggressively as she could while still fighting to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:38 pm

"Yeah... yeah... so I've heard. You're like the fifth huntress this month to give that speech, lady. Kind of getting sick of it." Hayden said, uncovering his ears. There was a bit of blood on his heads, but he figured there wasn't any permanent damage, if he could still hear. He picked up his bow, and gathered the arrow that had fallen a few feet away. "Come on Liam, let's get out of here, before she can stand up!" Hayden urged his new friend. They probably had enough time to make it out of the woods now.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:14 pm

"Okay." He grabbed his bag and started running away from the huntress.
He dropped his weapon's in the bag as he ran, he felt a little out of it. Tired and numb He definitely wasn't going to do that again for awhile. Maybe in emergency situation's, but other wise no at all.
"Why was she attacking you, again?" He asked Hayden suddenly as they moved through the very quite forest.
He didn't have the time to think about anything during the entire time, he just moved from being attacked to being attacked.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:50 am

As she watched the two boys run off again, Zosime quickly reached into her bag that was strapped onto her bag. She fiddled around with the zipper until she heard the sound of it opening. Sighing with relief, she shrugged off the bag and began to dig through its contents. There! She pulled out a bag with several cubes of ambrosia. She fumbled with the Ziploc bag a bit until she tore it open and eagerly grabbed one of the cubes and bit into it. Immediately, she could feel the warmth flood back into her system. She took a few more small bites, not wanting to eat too much; after all, ambrosia was the food of the gods, and even a demigod like Zosime could be hurt eating too much of it. The Hunter took a few deep breaths before rising to her feet once more. At first, she felt a little dizzy, but after a few moments her vision cleared. She still ached all over her body a bit, courtesy of that Liam boy who was now near the top of Zosime's Kill List (patent pending), but she knew that she would be able to soldier through the discomfort and continue the chase.

She brought her left hand up to her mouth and stuck her thumb and forefinger in before letting out a long, shrill whistle. A few seconds later, she heard the sounds of Grace howling in response and twigs and leaves snapping as the wolf hurried to meet her human counterpart. Zosime grinned wickedly. The hunt had only begun.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Hayden took off running after Liam. "Well you see... She's trying to kill me because my mom is Artemis, and I'm not supposed to exist. Really it's a long long story and I'll tell you all about it, if we survive today!" He told him, he could hear the huntress's whistle. That wasn't a good sign, well it meant that she needed help, but dogs/wolves whatever the girl had as a pet wasn't a good thing. "We need to hurry!" Hayden said, for the first time all week he was actually starting to get a little bit panicked.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 pm

"Yep! Way ahead of you!" His heart was felt like it was going to jump out of his chest when he heard the growl, jolt of adrenaline ripped through his body. He pulled out his sword breaker, it made him feel a bit more safe than he had, but not by much. Also if the wolf got too close he could stab it, but he was sure that the huntress already wanted him dead enough and that there was no reason to make it elevate.
His brushed his hand against various trees as he ran stealing some of their energy as he went, he fed some of it to Hayden as well, cause, well they'll be needing it.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 am

Zosime waited until Grace arrived, breathing heavily, at her side. The Hunter knelt down and rubbed the wolf behind the ears as she stared into Grace's deep brown eyes. Are we hunting both? a low, solemn voice echoed near the base of Zosime's skull. Like all Hunters, Zosime could communicate with the wolves in the Hunt. "Yes, both are enemies of Olympus now," the senior Hunter replied as she rose to a standing position. She bit into another cube of ambrosia just as a precaution before stuffing the rest back into the Ziploc bag and then that bag into her pack, which she then readjusted on her back. "Let's go, Grace," Zosime said before breaking off into a run, and only a few seconds passed before the wolf had overtaken her speed, the muscles rippling beneath the glossy coat.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Hayden looked behind his shoulder. He could hear the wolf's breathing, or at least he felt like he could. Luckily they had gotten a nice head start before the huntress had even called for her animal. However, he quickened his pace anyway
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 pm

You know, some times Liam questions his life choices up until this point in life. Right now, he wondered which choice he had made that got him into this situation right now. Like, he has only been at camp for a week! and then decided to visit some relatives to see if he could stay with them and go to school during the school year. He still wanted at least a high school education, mostly so he could take creative writing, but like a part time job wouldn't hurt either. He thought he heard the wolf gaining on them, he wasn't so sure, but then again he was terrified of being in these situations. So, naturally with the bodies Fight or Flight response more adrenaline was introduced into his system and he started running even harder.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Zosime and Grace were gaining--perks of being in top physical condition that had taken several years for each....though, in the case of the daughter of Apollo, several centuries. She quickened her pace, knowing that adrenaline would soon wear out and that she and her wolf would eventually overtake the two demigods.

Want me to go ahead? a voice sounded in her head.

Go for it, Zosime thought, smirking dangerously as she grabbed an arrow and notched it in her bow. The wolf darted forward, closing in on Hayden.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Hayden was starting to slow down, he tried to make his legs go faster and harder but all that seemed to do was make him go even slower. He had been running for the past week now, and the fatigue was finally reaching the point where even a little bit of nectar or ambrosia would do him no good. He looked up to find that he had fallen a few steps behind Liam, and was now just barely keeping up with him. He glanced behind him, he could see the wolf now and in a few seconds it would probably be right on top of them. He looked back to Liam, "hey, keep running ok. I'll hold it off." He hoped the kid would listen to him, but he didn't wait to find out. Hayden spun on his heel, coming to a stop as he pulled his bow off his shoulder and aimed it at the on coming wolf.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 12:13 am

Liam, when he heard Hayden tell him to keep on running, being the stubborn and rather helpful person that he was. He had also stopped and turned around, after he kept running down a bit and behind a tree. No one needed to know that he had stuck around. He watched them, laying close to the ground, and started sucking energy from the plants around him. They all wilted slightly after a second, he only took what he thought he was going to need. He stuck his arm out waiting until the right moment before he threw up his magical shield thing, or maybe a telekinetic bast, that would be good to.
He stared at the wolf, that was the thing he was going to be aiming for. Right now it looked like the biggest threat.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 am

Zosime stopped suddenly as she watched Hayden come to a halt, and then that Liam ran off. So, the other one was gone now. A pity....unless they had something planned. She kept her senses sharp in case of an ambush as she carefully stalked forward, taking her time, her boots not even breaking a single twig as she placed her weight on each foot. Grace was still darting forward, growling furiously, fangs bared, hackles raised. "Give up?" she asked haughtily, drawing back the string to her bow.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am

"After this long? Wouldn't it be a waste if I gave up now?" He asked, shooting his arrow at her wolf as it charged toward him. "I won't give up that easily." He added, shooting another few arrows towards them. Though even he had to admit that this was probably not going to end well for him, but he refused to give up. Giving up would make this too easy, if he had to die it would have to be in battle not after a surrender. He reached for a fourth arrow, to find that he had already used the last one. He almost groaned out loud in annoyance, as he was forced to drop his bow to the ground and take out his long hunting knives.
Back to top Go down
TheAutumnWriter
Administrator
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Liam's hand was practically pulsing with energy. Then he had another idea, he close his hand into a fist and extended his index finger, and moved all the energy there. Such a consecrated amount of energy would probably act like a bullet, that and it was building up power every second. His finger started to ache. This pain was like a bunch a bees decided to land on his finger and all sting simultaneously. His eyes watered, and his vision began to blur out. He aimed at the shape the he assumed to be the wolf, and fired.
The force shot him up into a sitting position, and maybe cracked the bone in his finger. He almost yelled out laud, but he turned it into a hiss. He took a corner of a square of ambrosia and consumed it. The pain ebbed into a dull throb.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am

Ooc sorry I had to do this angsty thing... 

Bic
Hayden had bent down into a fighting position waiting for the wolf to make the first move. The wolf had finally caught up to him, but instead of attacking immediately it stopped a few feet away, stalking him. Hayden narrowed his eyes and looking into the eyes of the wolf. It was a necessary challenge of who would be the one too start attacking first.

After what seemed like hours to Hayden, which had probably actually had been only a few minutes Hayden felt what he could only describe as a needle going through his back and out his stomach. Since he had never been shot by anything other than a few arrows before. Needless to say, this did not feel like an arrow, more like an arrow on steroids. 

Hayden was stunned for a few seconds, quickly glancing down at his torso to see what just happened. He looked back up at the wolf, before he felt himself fall to his knees, he couldn't help but dropped one of his long knives in order to place his hand on his side to somehow stop the bleeding or the pain, maybe both. He continued to look up and glare into the wolf's eyes. He was not going to give up, even if he was laying on the ground dying. 

Ooc I figured that maybe the energy bullet is strong enough to continue moving after already going through Hayden. But that's up to you guys lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running From Two Dangers   Running From Two Dangers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running From Two Dangers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next