Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grading Papers (p)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 am

Grading Papers (p) Tumblr_inline_nqmcziMkzN1sc3ygs_500
Isaiah placed the beer bottle on top of the table. It was one of those nights where he was up late grading papers. He had been there since after dinner, studying for med school. He had to get up and walk around so that his legs didn't go numb. Being a mentor at Brooklyn House obviously had its perks. He enjoyed teaching other initials about the art of healing. It worked perfectly for him since he was a follower of Sekhmet.

With a sigh, he corrected someone's paper with his trusty red pen and gave them an overall score of 78. Isaiah gave her a couple of extra points for effort. On to the next one. The African American's eyes knitted when he read one of the answers to a question that he wrote himself. Shaking his head, he marked through the answer and went on to the next question. Isaiah adjusted his seating just as it started to rain. He always enjoyed it when it rained at night. It was soothing all in itself.

"Jesus Christ." He groaned, rubbing his left eye with his free hand. "Some of these kids are crazy as hell."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Grading Papers (p) Tumblr_oni11aCQZj1uqw734o1_400Grading Papers (p) Tumblr_oni11aCQZj1uqw734o2_400

Jesus let his hand follow Isaiah's for a moment before returning it to his side. "Thanks." He said, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. He turned back to his pile of amulets. He picked another one off the pile, but waited.
"Sometimes I feel like my degree in electrical engineering is going to waste." He commented before activating the amulet. This time, he went invisible.
"Oh hey, someone actually passed."

Last edited by sienna on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Isaiah looked up from the paper he was grading to Jesus, another mentor in Brooklyn House. He grunted, shaking his head. "Not you, Jesus." He pronounced his name like it was supposed to pronounced. He was very particular when it came to people's names. He didn't know why.
He watched at the amulet being to glow. Isaiah stood up as soon as Jesus dropped the amulet. From where he was standing. He walked over to Jesus and looked down at the amulet. "Maybe you're right." He mumbled and looked from the enchanted object to the mentor. Glancing down at his hand, he took it and looked it over. "A minor burn," He stated, waving his hand over it, healing Jesus effortlessly. "Yo short ass is lucky I'm here or else you would've had blisters on yo hand." Isaiah let go and walked back to his seat.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 12:53 am

Grading Papers (p) Tumblr_oni11aCQZj1uqw734o1_400Grading Papers (p) Tumblr_oni11aCQZj1uqw734o2_400

Jesus let his hand follow Isaiah's for a moment before returning it to his side. "Thanks." He said, tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. He turned back to his pile of amulets. He picked another one off the pile, but waited.
"Sometimes I feel like my degree in electrical engineering is going to waste." He commented before activating the amulet. This time, he went invisible.
"Oh hey, someone actually passed."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:03 am

Isaiah looked up at Jesus from his seat just as thunder bombed over the mansion. "Just be happy that you're inside. You could be poor or some shit like that. Get sick, then die." Isaiah paused and looked straight at the camera, then back at Isaiah. The follower of Sekhmet stood up and took his papers so that he was sitting across from the other mentor.
"Oh, look, it did work." He raised his eyebrows in surprise. Isaiah exhaled sharply and continued grading papers. "What the f*ck? How do you even get the Spanish Influenza mixed with the Bubonic Plague? One happened to white people and the other happened to Hispanics." He drew a sharp line through one of his student's answer. "At least he didn't mix up an anal infection and inflammation." The med student mumbled underneath his breath.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:32 am

"Thankfully with you around I won't have to worry about getting sick." Jesus smiled, he looked down at the clipboard in front of him and put an x in the pass column. He was almost halfway through. Hopefully he wouldn't get hurt again, but he probably would. Knowing these kids. There had to be an easier way to teach this stuff, but with the state of the Department of Education right now he wasn't really surprised.

"Okay lets hope this one is just as good." He pulled up another amulet, but by the looks of it, he was probably going to die or something. He activated it, completely ready to throw it across the room. For a second there was nothing, before it transformed into a giant spider.

"SHIT." Jesus didn't really like spiders. He dropped the thing. Chachi, who thought he exclaimed because it was on fire, sprayed it with the fire extinguisher. When the dust cleared it was dead.

"These kids are insane."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 1:47 am

Isaiah jumped up quickly when he saw the large spider. He didn't f*ck with spiders. "Look, I'm taking these amulets away from you." He stood up from his chair and snatched the amulets away from Jesus and put them on one of the taller bookshelves. "Just fail the unlucky ones." Isaiah sat back down in the chair, discreetly checking him out. He always found Jesus attractive. He was cute, had meat on his bones, beautiful shoulder length hair and intelligent.
"Speaking of, I need to give you a check up. Y'know, to make sure you're healthy and all. I need extra clinic hours anyway." The magician smiled briefly, biting his lip.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

"Isaiah, no!" Jesus exclaimed as the box of amulets was taken away from him. "Dude, I can't just fail people. Then I'll be brought in front of whatever the equivalent of the school board there is here, and I'll lose my job, and I'll move on to a successful job as an engineer. Also, the height thing," He gestured to the box sitting out of reach, "Is a new low for you, my friend. And I know that was a pun, but I made it and now we're going to have to live with it."

Jesus' frustration about the amulets made him completely miss the last comment, although he was blushing for some reason. He wasn't really sure why.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Isaiah shrugged his shoulders. "...You don't have to thank me when you become a big time engineer." He said with a slight smug on his face. He looked up at the box that was on the shelf, then down at Jesus. With a sigh, he decided to be nice.

"Look, I'll give you back your box of amulets if you let me practice my med school skills on you." The other magician reaerated. "Sound good to you, Jesus?" A smirk came across his face.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 pm

"As long as I don't get stabbed with needles, or scalpels, or anything, really. It's a deal." Jesus didn't know what he was signing up for, but hey, he needed those amulets. He had to fail some kids, and get his eyebrows blown off.

"And by the way," Jesus started, with a grin "If I ever become a big time engineer I'll be sure to include you in all of my engineering award speeches."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Isaiah chuckled and stood up, taking his chair with him. He placed his chair across from where Jesus was sitting and sighed. "I'd love to hear those speeches, then." He licked his lips before he took out his medical supplies from the Duat and placed them on the table.

"First, I'll check your pulse." Isaiah slid his fingers onto Jesus' wrist and used two fingers to check his heartbeat. His thumb made small circles on the other side. After sixty seconds, he pulled his hand away, but kept his fingertips on Jesus'. "Seventy beats per second. That's pretty healthy." He chuckled before grabbing his stethoscope and putting it around his neck. The magician then took the thermometer and took the clear cap off. "Say 'ahh'." He whispered with a flirtatious grin.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:25 am

Jesus was pretty sure the second Isaiah started taking his pulse his heart started beat faster than a rabbit on steroids. Why was he so nervous? Isaiah was a friend. A completely platonic, 100% no romance, friend. Yet the way he looked at him....this stuff was complicated. This is why Jesus almost preferred machines. They were simple, straightforward. Machines didn't have feelings. Then again it can get pretty lonely with machines.

Jesus came back to the present, and did what Isaiah asked. "Ahhhh." Maybe he should just play this by ear.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 am

Isaiah stuck the thermometer in his mouth. "Close." Once he did, Isaiah got up from the chair and went to go get the box of killer amulets and sat them in front of Jesus. When the beeper went off, he took the thermometer from Jesus and read it.

"You're in relatively good health. 98.6." Isaiah then sat back down in his seat and studied Jesus' face. "Thanks." He grabbed his red pen and started regarding papers. "You can continue to try and kill yo self, Jesus.."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Jesus took the amulets back, "Thank you." he grinned. Although now he was kind of wishing he left the box up where he couldn't reach. He had to wonder if Aliana ever had these issues before. She had survived like, five years, so she must've had some trick to not dying. Maybe she was just lucky.

Jesus pulled another amulet out of the box. He held it out as far as humanly possible, wondering if he should just make a shabiti that could do this for him. Shit, why hadn't he thought of that? He activated it anyways, and there was a second before the amulet turned into a hummingbird. The hummingbird hovered in the air for a moment, before zipping away farther into the library.

"Well, that one wasn't too bad." He commented, "Still a fail though."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:57 pm

The follower of Sekhmet kept an eye on those amulets. The last thing he needed was for Jesus to burn half his face off. Isaiah smirked when Jesus failed one of his students.

"I told you to just go 'head and mark all of those people's names as failures." That what he did with his group of mentees. He was more of the sterner types of mentors. More stern than Francesca before she moved down to the Nome in Georgia where she got married. "I mean, what's so hard about making a charm that turns you invisible? It makes no sense whatsoever. Granted, that's not my field of expertise, but still." Isaiah shook his head and marked one of the test papers.

"Like with this kid, they're a follower of Sekhmet too, but they can't even give me a definition for Polio! I mean," Isaiah threw his hands up in the air. "This is why I drink." He downed the rest of his beer and stood up from his seat. "Do you want one while I'm up?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at Jesus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grading Papers (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grading Papers (p)   Grading Papers (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grading Papers (p)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Brooklyn House :: First Floor :: The Library-
Jump to: