Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

shot through the heart (p)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:27 am

Rowan had her bow and arrow by the time they had made it to the fields. Currently, all the cohorts were doing drills. There were separated into their own groups, each lined up neatly and advancing slowly with their shields up. At the front of each group stood either both or one of the centurions calling out commands. She could see Sophia leading her group, and Corinne leading cohort five.

Immediately Rowan's attention turned to the group being lead by the guy in a suit. Well he wasn't in a suit currently, but she wasn't going to let him live that down. It was hard to see where Angelica was from so far away, but hopefully she hadn't clocked them yet.

"So, how do you want to do this?" She asked Christian

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:17 am

What they'd found in the Cohort One barrack was disturbing, but it hadn't hit him up until now exactly how serious the situation was. Seeing the majority of his Cohort together in drill normally warmed his heart, but today, he didn't like the view, and it wasn't just because someone else was leading them. On a day like today, he was reminded that any one of them could be lost in an instant if something went wrong. Many whom he wished he'd said something to that he hadn't yet. The lack of painkillers for the day wasn't making his mood any better.

"I'd say to keep it cool, but everyone's going to realize how bad it is at the same moment." Christian replied in a whisper. Passing Cohort Five, Christian gave a mock salute, which officers weren't supposed to do, but it earned him an entire salute back, the pit in his stomach gained even more depth. Christian didn't want to make the call, but he put forth what Rome had taught him to do, even if he didn't agree with it.

"Cohort One, disperse into standard bunk formation. I'm declaring a state of emergency under the interest of everyone's safety." Christian stated. Whatever whispers were in the crowd stopped, and orders were fallen. Silence fell under the field like Christian had never witnessed in his nine years.

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Exotic Animal Slot (In Use)
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
- Mystery Boxes Are Half Off (Permanent)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 am

The first cohort went into their formations, and Rowan spotted Angelica, standing in her spot looking slightly antsy.
"Angelica Kensington" Rowan started, but she didn't have time to finish. Angelica bolted, running towards the bridge across the Tiber. "Stop!" although it was really no use. Rowan sprinted after her, pushing her way past first cohort kids to do so. Unfortunately, Angelica was a good runner and had a head start.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 am

Christian was praying, something he never did, that Rowan would get this girl in cuffs. Like all things in the world of demigods and legacies, it went wrong. Christian went to follow through the crowd, but his arm got grabbed by someone in the Cohort. Christian hardly had time to react before a different kid in Cohort One grabbed him and pulled him away from Christian. The kid continued to struggle, but Christian took advantage of the situation and drove the kid to the ground. "Lennie, put him in cuffs!" Christian yelled to Cohort Five.

"Tactical units, clear and guard any way in and out of Camp Jupiter. She's wanted for conspiring to murder." Special Units, vet everyone who wasn't here today. No one else leave until this state of emergency is clear!" Christian nearly barked now. The two figures were so far gone that he could hardly spot them. Christian grabbed a training pilum and took chase after them.

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:10 am

Rowan kept in pursuit of Angelica, who was already starting to slow a bit. She had to hand it to her dad, that endurance training came in handy. Still she hadn't been able to get close till Angelica had reached the caldecott tunnel, where two guards stood.

"Do not let her pass!" Rowan yelled at them. They didn't hesitate, creating an x over the tunnel with their spears. Angelica faltered, stopping in her tracks, giving Rowan the chance to catch up. However, when Rowan got within fifteen feet of her, Angelica reached into her jacket and pulled out a small revolver. It was tiny enough to hide easily, but still a gun.

Well, if she was going to pull a weapon, so would Rowan. In a split second, Rowan had reached back into her quicker and nocked an arrow. Still the girl didn't even c*ck her gun.

"Put it down, Angelica" Rowan ordered.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:36 am

For once, being a legacy of Mercury was a luxury over a curse from Christian. He caught up to them relatively quickly, but when he realized the situation they were in, he stopped not far from them. She had another weapon. Christian's teeth gritted. He realized for the first time, that he couldn't stand the thought of not being able to see Rowan Davenport again. In hindsight, it wasn't good to feel that way when there was a gun pointed at her.

His hand with the pilum in it shook, as did his free one. Christian could claim nerves were getting to him, and anybody would believe it. But he knew that was a lie. He never went this long without popping more painkillers, and his body demanded more. There was no way to communicate with Rowan now. He felt a pull. He had to trust her, follow her lead.

Each moment that passed seemed like an eternity. If Christian had to take a bet as to what weapon would win, he picked the gun. His good judgement was lost. He raised his arm. He'd hit targets three times the distance before with perfect accuracy. Christian pumped the pilum back and released it.

It missed her by centimeters.

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:59 am

It wasn't long before Christian caught up to them. Rowan could only see a fraction of him out of the corner of her eye. She couldn't dare look away. She could only stare at Angelica in the eye and repeat her orders.

"Put the gun down now."

That's when everything happened at once.

Christian threw his pilum and she watched as it barely missed Angelica. Angelica looked panicked now, and she cocked the gun, still not moving it off of Rowan. There was a second of silence before Angelica squeezed the trigger. If only Rowan had shot her arrow sooner.

Rowan saw the arrow fly, landing solidly in Angelica's shoulder. It hit with a thump, but that's all Rowan could take in before she realized she had been hit too. She immediately dropped her bow, her right hand going to the place on her left side where she could feel warm blood start to seep out slowly. It didn't even hurt all that much, but that's when her vision went sideways, and down seemed up and up seemed down and the next thing she knew her head was colliding with the ground and grass and sky were all she could see.

Of all moments, her fathers voice came into her head, echoing about like he was speaking to her on the stage of a concert hall. "Never let them shoot first"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:46 pm

The sound, perhaps, was the worst moment of all of it. The recognizable sound of gunpowder igniting in a metal tube. Christian hadn't heard the sound in many years. By the time the sound had rang through Christian's ears, the bullet was already inside Rowan. It all happened in one single moment, but Christian didn't miss a single detail of it. The blood splatter wasn't as major with ballistic weapons, but the bleeding effect would be worse. People died when arteries were hit, almost always.

In hindsight, they had a magical infirmary not far. But that hadn't crossed Christian's mind.

When he re-entered reality, Christian didn't think about his actions. He just acted. His legs carried him to a sprint he wasn't even sure he could achieve. Going upwards of twenty-five mile per hour, Christian shouldered Angelica to the ground, though she went further then he realized. Her gun layed not far from where she shot it the first time. Christian took it for himself, not wanting it to fall in the wrong hands. "Frisk her, then bind her. She doesn't leave this spot until I come back."

Christian rushed over to Rowan, he put pressure on the gunshot wound, as much as he could. "Hey, hey, you still with me? I need you to stay awake."

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:26 pm

The world was rather fuzzy to her, but she hadn't lost consciousness yet. Rowan could feel her heart pounding in her chest, trying to keep up. She could hear Christian far away, shouting orders at the tunnel guards. It was hard to understand what exactly he was saying, but she could get the gist.

Then his face came into view, and she could almost feel him pressing down on her wound. "Yeah," She said, "This was not how I saw my day going."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 pm

"I know. I was really hoping to bust Carter for that book first thing after drill." Christian replied. The joke wasn't for him; it was to help assure Rowan that things weren't deadly. "I need you to stay awake and focus on me, talk to me. I'm gonna turn you over, halfway, and check for an exit wound, okay?" Christian kept his composure. He wasn't a medic, but he was forced to learn at least the basics when he was promoted. He turned her over, her clothes showed no signs of tatter on the backside, which was almost alone enough proof. For the sake of hoping they would catch one break today, he applied some pressure on the backside of where the wound would be. There was nothing.

"Rowan, I'm gonna shoot straight with you. There's no exit wound, which means we're going to have to manually remove that bullet from you. After that, you'll be as good as new." It was going to scar; all gunshot wounds did. He turned Rowan back on her back, and got ready to lift her. By the time he was standing, however, medics from the Second were only meters away.

His head tilted back to the girl, now bound and on her knees. She wasn't a threat, but this was not over. The medics layed down a stretcher. Christian didn't see any reason why he was more qualified than those whose job it was. Reluctantly, he let her down. "I'm sorry, Rowan."

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Rowan half laughed, before she realized it kinda hurt to laugh. "I mean, we can always tease him about it later." She said, as if there was going to be a later. It kinda dawned on her that she had been shot, and that not everyone survives those. Sure, she was tough, and they had magic, but this wasn't an arrow wound. Hey, at least she'd die honorably. Saving camp and all. It wasn't such a bad way to go. She could make Elysium. Her dad might even be proud of her. His daughter died a hero.

Rowan let Christian turn her over, and on her side she could vaguely see people approaching from a distance. She nodded at the news of the bullet still being inside of her. She could survive this. Make a full recovery. Scare the shit out of the second cohort by being the centurion who literally survived being shot.

When the medics got there, they lifted her onto the stretcher, and she could see Christian standing there. "It's not your fault." She told him as they carried her off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Christian felt distress while he watched Rowan get carried away. Hearing her say it wasn't his fault only made it worse. He was at a point where he nearly felt tears down his eyes. That was the last thing he needed on his plate, as a leader of a Cohort that many considered failures. He remained composed; special units of the fifth were on their way. Lennie, one of Five's Optio's, was the first to approach him, her expression look about the same as how Christian imagined his was. "My gods, Christian, what happened? Are you going with her?"

"Yeah, soon." Christian replied. His eyes met with Lennie. "You're in charge of lights out tonight." He said. Lennie always wanted more responsibility and trust, Christian knew that. She was jealous that Corrine had gotten the promotion over her.

Amidst all of the commotion, Christian found his moment. Eyes were on the medics and their victim, the blood on the ground, and the culprit. No eyes were on Christian. His hand reached into his pocket, and he popped a painkiller into his mouth. The taste in his mouth had never been so bitter.

He turned back to the girl on the ground, and forced her up by her bound wrists. "We have a lot to talk about."

Mystery Box Spoils
- 6 Quests
- Legacy of a B3
- 2 B3 Kids
- 4 slots (None In Use)
- Gift From God Parent

Mystery Box Traps
- Character Death
- 4 Monster Attacks

Mystery Box Coupons
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shot through the heart (p)   

Back to top Go down

shot through the heart (p)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1