Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pompeiian Politics

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Belle
Belle

Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Corinne had continued to hum little tunes as the four continued to walk on. It was around six when they had come up to a car that Christian decided he was going to try and hot wire. She looking around, and it seemed as if it was too early for people to be awake. But what if there was that one early bird that was walking around?

She heard him ask if she still wanted to drive. "Yeah, I think it'd be best if I did. I'm the least hurt right now, and I had a good sleep before we crashed, I'm good to stay up for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_n2t1grUcC81sc3ygs
 The walk was horrible for Jerome especially when he was carrying a lot of the things that he had brought with him. Although he wished that he would've hitched one of the boars up and domesticated it to the point of it being ride-able, he was happy that the Sun was finally coming up. Gods, he never thought he'd wish to see that big ball of heat and solar power before in his unnatural, gay life. He could feel himself getting better. He was less gorgy and less tired.

When Christian unlocked the car and hotwired it, Jerome felt a lot better. He put his things in the back and hopped into the passenger side of the car. "Sorry, I need some music." He looked at his other quest mates and leaned back in his seat, then quickly sat up when he realized that the wound was still there. "Dammit." He hissed between his teeth. Well, so much for relaxing.

Jerome looked over his shoulder at Christian and smiled a bit. "When the Sun's fully up, I can heal your wound better." He whispered before turning back around.
---

A couple of hours later, Jerome decided to be the driver. However, when he was the driver, the son of Apollo acted, well, like a son of Apollo. He had his sunglasses on with the windows down. His dreads blew briefly in the wind as a charming smile came across his face. This would've been perfect if Robin was the one beside him, complaining about it being too bright. Jerome played with the radio dial for a bit before he gasped loudly.

"f*ck! This is my shit right here, I'm sorry, but I can't deny my musical needs." Jerome turned the volume three quarters of the way up and began singing with Bruno Mars. He was lucky to catch it second verse:

"I'm talkin' trips to Puerto Rico
Say the word and we go
You can be my freaka
Girl, I'll be a fleeko, mamacita
I will never make a promise that I can't keep
I promise that your smile ain't gon' never leave
Shopping sprees in Paris
Everything twenty-four karats (twenty-four karats)
Take a look in that mirror (take a look)
Now tell me who's the fairest
Is it you? (is it you?) is it me? (is it me?)
Say it's us (say it's us) and I'll agree, baby
Jump in the Cadillac
(Girl, let's put some miles on it)
Anything you want
(Just to put a smile on you)
You deserve it baby, you deserve it all
And I'm gonna give it to you!..."

Jerome began to dance in his seat, but kept his eyes on the road. Soon, they entered Kansas. "You guys hungry?" He asked, looking behind him at his fellow quest mates.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o3dfm42m5S1tjrg95_500

The drive was long and boring after that. It matched the scenery they passed, the endless hills of grass and crops. Rowan had her sunglasses on and her feet propped up on the dash. She stared out the passenger side window, looking for some semblance of civilization.

"I think we're gonna need some sort of town before we do that." They had been traveling for miles, and they were lucky if they saw a farmhouse in the distance. Part of her wished they had flown to Kansas, but Camp Jupiter probably didn't have the money for that. They couldn't even afford boar-proof cars.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:14 pm

"Thank you, but I'm good." Christian had assured Jerome before the shift change. The others had made it out of the crash fine, surely Christian could too. He was even on painkillers. Jerome's thought meant a lot to Christian, as a Centurion, but they might need it over want it later on.

Christian stayed put in his backseat. There was a lot of mental planning to do, and as little movement as possible, to keep withdrawal away. Throughout Corinne's shift, Christian kept his mind clear and on times. The time they'd been traveling, time it would take for them to get somewhere, time until he would start showing symptoms. Their odds overall weren't too bad. They didn't have a good map anymore, but the street signs would be enough. "We're close." He commented.

He didn't for sure if they were close. It wasn't like he could magically sense where places and things were. But, if they were going even a similar route as before, they couldn't be far from Colby, which would be a good city to gather their bearings. "We'll have to get new plates too. Preferably out of state."

Christian turned to Corinne. "I never asked you. What was it like wearing Victorian Era dresses? I've seen people go absolute nuts over those things. Like, going more nuts than for leggings." Christian was pretty sure he could feel legitimate cold coming from her. He usually wasn't directly next to her, except for meetings in the Senate House.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Corinne was quiet when she drove. She focused on the technicalities of driving. She was still new to driving in some aspects, but she wanted to keep to the speed limits and follow the rules. In order to do that she had to focus and think. It was hard to learn new things like that.

Eventually there was some rotation in who was driving and who wasn't. It ended up being Corinne and Christian in the back seat for a bit. This was finally a chance for her to check through her bag to see if she still had everything.

The daughter of Chione continued to sift through her bag and she found the Rolos that Christian had given her at the start of the trip. She decided now would be a good time to try them. Her stomach was growling a bit and she could go for something to eat. She began to peel back the wrapper and grabbed a piece of it. She studied it a bit before placing it in her mouth and she began to chew it a little.

When he asked her about victorian era dresses her head turned to face him. "Well back then they were just the usual attire for females. They were constricting and really stuffy, sometimes they made it hard to breathe, but it was just something you grew used to. Pants are a gift." Corinne then handed him back the Rolos. "I don't really like this. I don't like the middle part."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 pm

Jerome continued driving, singing along to his favorite artists and song that  came on the radio. No matter who it was, Jerome was able to hit every note perfectly and without any form of strain to his voice. As he continued to drive, he noticed that there was a sign that read "CeCe's Fresh Market". He could really go for some go from mango right about now.

"Well, I'm hungry. I could eat a cow right now." Jerome put his signal light on and took a right down a dirt path. On either side of the road were trees that soon turned into corn as he drove along. When a cow walked across the road, Jerome slammed on the breaks. "Ah! Sorry, sorry!" The son of Apollo apologized to his passengers. Soon the brown cow passed and Jerome was able to drive again.

The further he drove down the dirt path, the more the scenery changed and somehow on the ride, their truck changed into a carriage pulled back painted horses. Their clothes changed too with Corinne, Rowan, and Christian now wearing purple togas and Jerome wearing a white. They all had laurel reefs on their heads.

"What the...?" He looked around, first to the faces of his quest mates, then up at the large villa that was just a few meters away from the stationary chariot. "...Guys, we aren't in Kansas anymore." Jerome wanted to be the first to say it. Just in front of the large villa was a stand that had every kind of fruit, vegetable, or bread product that anyone could imagine. To the left was field of corn and to the right, a sea of wheat. When Jerome looked forward again, he jumped a bit.

A woman was now standing there in a white sundress with white and pink flowers that seem to bloom . Her dark hair cascaded over her shoulders and her green eyes shimmered like shamrocks underneath the shadow of her yellow sunhat. The woman had a petite, ectomorphic form. Her skin on the light side of olive oil as if she'd been kept in the dark for months and had just returned to light. In her hand was a basket of freshly picked flowers.

"Well, looks like we have visitors." Her voice was calm. "Good, just in time for lunch. Come, mother has been waiting for you, demigods."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 am

Things were going smoothly until Rowan was almost flung through the windshield. Thankfully she was wearing her seatbelt, so she only got the wind knocked out of her. She laughed at the sight of the cow.

"Well, Jerome. There's your cow. Bon appetite." She joked, watching it slowly cross in front of them.

They continued on the dirt path, and Rowan zoned out again, focusing on the corn. That is, until she noticed there was no longer glass blocking her view, and her sunglasses were gone. And she was wearing a purple toga. "What the f*ck?" Rowan said, glancing down at her attire. She wasn't going to lie though, she looked good. She just wanted her sunglasses back.

"Jerome, I hate you." Rowan responded after she heard that horrible line. She didn't wait long to get out of the chariot. The woman that stood there was beautiful, and rowan appreciated that, but she wasn't sure whether or not she was trustworthy. She felt like this was something akin to the children of the corn. Soon enough they'd be killed by a bunch of cult followers and they'd have to torch the corn. Rowan looked at her friends, seeing if anyone had any idea of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 1:54 am

Corinne handed back the Rolos, and claimed she didn't like him. After a horrible crash, now was not the time to tell Christian that Rolos were bad. A frown would have formed on his face, but soon enough, their car wasn't a car. Which, to be fair, was a priority concern to Christian. The alert rose, but died after a few moments. It was clear that divine powers were at work, and being legacies and demigods, it was either a good thing or a bad thing that could rarely be resisted.

He wasn't a fan of the toga, not at all, but it didn't stop him from cracking wise. "Hey, Corinne," Christian began, "This outfit is more your time." He gave her a half smile, before dismounting. The landscape really was beautiful. The plants just didn't look the way you would see in a farm. It was like they were wild, yet tamed in some strange agricultural experiment. They grew tall and strong, in all forms. The smell of the fields was blissful.

There was no way there were any painkillers here. That wasn't good.

The girl who stood in front of them was seriously breath-taking. Christian had hardly seen any mortals who could match up to it. Despite the anxious paranoia that detox would kick in before he had more, they had a job to get done. The longer they were here, the worse his odds were. But it was clear they weren't going anywhere until they saw this woman's mother.

"Thank you, ma'am." Christian replied. It was a little strange, but he figured the best bet was to treat divine beings like they were his commanding officers. "It's an honor to meet you, Ms...?" He had a pretty strong hunch, but he wasn't looking to make enemies with anyone who had divine powers. He gestured with his head for the party to follow.

If it was a trap, then it was likely still in their best interest to follow for now.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 pm

There wasn't much time to react because all of a sudden they started to drive down a dirt path. She watched the scenery pass her by and she looked around at the fields. Corinne looked back and soon their car changed into a carriage. She was horribly confused on what was even going on. By the time they stopped and she was in a purple toga, she had her arms crossed.

Christian made a comment, and she shot him a look. "Sorry, but these are a little dated, even for me." Corinne said with a bit of a scoff and got off the carriage. From that point on she just decided to follow Christian's lead.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 pm

The son of Apollo snickered at Rowan and got off of the carriage. He stuck closely by Rowan for obvious reasons. "Hey," He whispered to her. "Which one of us do you think is Dorothy? I bet my shiniest, sharpest arrow it's Corinne." Jerome laughed some more. He then looked at everyone else's togas, then his own. "Wait, hey! Why do I get white?!" He shouted in a whisper. Unknown to him there was a ceremonial knife tied to his waist.

The woman turned around fully to look at the demigods. She looked them over. "Proserpina." The goddess answered. She studied Christian, looking him up and down. Did the goddess just check him out? Let's hope to gods she wasn't looking for another mortal to keep in the Underworld during the next cycle of fall and winter. She did it with Adonis. Though, he was currently spending time with Venus. "Lady Proserpina." Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it was the goddess of spring and Queen of the Underworld herself. Proserpina turned back around and continued walking. In her footsteps, flowers started to sprout and grow. Daises, daffodils, tulips, even roses sprung up from the ground.

As they rounded the corner, they came across a woman who had her back to them. Her flaxen hair was up in crown braid with looked to be poppies weaved in with her hair. She was wearing a green dress that reached down to her sandaled feet. Behind here was a table spread with food ranging from freshly plucked strawberries to with what looked to be lamb laid out on the table.

"Mother?" Proserpina called out. "They are here." She gestured toward the four demigods. The woman turned around to look at them.

"Oh, my," The goddess had a mature, regal look about her with fair skin and green eyes that matched her daughter's. She looked to be beautiful, even more stunning when she was younger. "You four are heading the wrong way, but first, sit and eat. You'll need your strength to what's to come." The older woman rested her hand on her enlarged, seven month old stomach. She looked like your everyday homemaker aside from the deadly looking reaping scythe in her hand.

Jerome stood there with his eyes wide. "C-Ceres?" He asked, then bowed out of respect. The goddess warmly smiled at him.

"Stand, my dear. Come, sit." She came closer to the demigods as Jerome did so. "Wait, just look at all of you." Ceres reached out and touched each and every one of their faces, turning their head from side to side. "So filthy. This simply won't do." Ceres clicked her tongue and waved her hand over the four so that their faces and bodies no longer looked dirty. "Now, tell me who you are. I, unfortunately, do not know your names, but only that you group of demigods are here on a prophecy sent by that sandal-winged merchant, Mercury."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Rowan smiled at Jerome's comment, "Does that make the rest of us the brainless scarecrow, the cowardly lion, and the tin man without a heart?" Well, if Rowan had to be anyone, she'd probably be the tin man. Tin woman? Whatever, this wasn't a bad high school play.

"Maybe because the rest of us are centurions?" Rowan suggested, "Or maybe they just ran out of purple togas." She stuck her tongue out at Jerome before turning back to the matter at hand. Rowan wasn't going to say it out loud, but the woman, Prosperina, was super hot. She wasn't gonna fight Ceres or Pluto for her though. Probably just best to keep her head down.

Rowan must've been prophetic or something, because the moment she thought of Ceres, she appeared. A woman she could also describe as classically beautiful. Rowan bowed along with Jerome.

"Rowan Davenport, daughter of Bellona and granddaughter of Victoria, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Christian tried not to pay any extra attention to the young-looking goddess. Mortals played games with this fire and got burned, he knew he was no exception. Any decent time with Prosperina equated to the fury of Pluto. It didn't change the potential flattery, but Christian referred to poise training. Back straight, eyes forward. He was thankful when they moved around the corner. He couldn't help but admire the beauty and grace of the older-looking goddess.

"Christian Moreau, Centurion of the Fifth Cohort, ma'am." Christian decided it would be best not to mention his grandfather. Though, he was smart enough to realize that if Ceres wanted to find out who he was, she wouldn't have an issue. But, it seemed like a good formality to not talk about Mercury, or sound like he was standing off her words if he'd said 'legacy' instead of 'demigod.'

"Ma'am, we're all awfully grateful for your service and friendship to mankind." Christian stated. It was respectful, but also necessary in his opinion. Mankind no longer lived from hunting, it was almost exclusively farming. Ceres could cast havoc onto mankind if she lost her generosity. It certainly didn't hurt to say 'thank you.' "Is there anything about the prophecy you want us to know?"

Christian was careful, he made sure his tone was respectful. As a Centurion, Christian only had to give respect to two people, his Praetors. It was weird to know she could turn his veins into roots if she desired.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Corinne walked with the others as they followed Prosperina. She was beautiful, but from what she's heard, most goddesses are. After a little bit of walking, they ended up meeting Ceres. Along with Jerome and Rowan she bowed.

"Corinne Giroux, daughter of Chione and also centurion of the fifth cohort, ma'am." She said as she came back up from the bow.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 6:00 pm

"And I'm Jerome Clarke, son of Apollo." Jerome smiled warmly at the Roman goddess who returned it.

"Ah, well, have a seat and eat. You have a long journey ahead of you, demigods." Ceres then turned to look at Christian. "Thank you, Christian. I don't get much gratitude in this New Age. Now humans just assume that it's 'genetically modified organisms'. As if I don't work?" Ceres sighed. Proserpina kept looking over the fields as if searching for someone to appear. "But atlas, that's neither here or there." The agricultural goddess sat down with her hand placed on her enlarged stomach. "Stress is not good for babies." Jerome looked at the others before taking a seat at the end of short picnic table. "And to your question, Christian is it? You group are heading the wrong way. This isn't where Apollo's temple is. No, it's rather far from here." Ceres then turned to her daughter. "Proserpina, dear, pass the grapes, please. I'm so happy to have my daughter back with me on the surface once again." Ceres reached across to gently grab at her daughter's face before releasing when the grapes were handed to her. "And away from that grumpy brat, Pluto. Why did you have to go pick flowers in meadows alone, hm?"

"Mother..." Proserpina sighed. "How was I supposed to know my husband fantasied about me?"

"You should've been more careful! You could've married the god of honor or the god of hardwork, but no. You had to eat that pomegranate seed and be stuck down their half the year. If it wasn't for Trivia, who knows what would've happened to you." Ceres fussed. "Be glad you don't have children, demigods. They're a hassle even for us gods." The goddess of Spring rolled her eyes and got up from the table to storm off like a disgruntled teenager. "Don't go too far! And stay away from your boy toy, Adonis! I'm putting him to work!"

"Yes, ma'am." Jerome said after he swallowed some pasta to try and break the awkardness . "This food is amazing!" Ceres smiled.

"Thank you, dear." Ceres scanned their faces before landing on Rowan's. "Rowan is it? My, you have your mother's eyes. You should see her back in Ancient Rome, barking orders from her chariot with that deadly looking scourge at her side. She then turned to Christian. "You didn't tell me who you descendant from, Christian. Ashamed to reveal it to me?"
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Rowan paused, taking in what Ceres said. She was so used to being compared to her father, it was completely weird to be compared to her mom. Her father never really talked about Bellona, usually only mentioning her to illustrate how disappointing his children were being. It was different, in a good way, to be seen as "Rowan, daughter of Bellona." instead of "Rowan Davenport, daughter of Michael Davenport." For once it felt like she could carve her own path for herself, instead of worrying about the demigods that had come before her, and trying to honor their legacy.

Rowan realized there was a moment of silence, and she quickly responded, "Thank you, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Truthfully, Christian didn't know if he was ashamed of Mercury. Out of all of the guardianship gone wrong during his life, was the stereotypical bard-thief really the worst part of his legacy? Realistically, it was neither here or there. Ceres could find out who his grandfather was in a heartbeat if it was truly her wish. In the case of gods and god-like beings, it was best to be direct. Even if he was ashamed of other matters much more, it wouldn't be kind to leave a goddess without an answer.

"Yes." Christian replied. It was a hollow answer, and he hated that he had to give it. What was more embarrassing than talking about trivial feelings in front of people you'd asked to risk life and limb with you? Christian figured that no Americans or Germans were talking about their hurt feelings at Normandy.

"Grandson of Mercury, ma'am." He decided it was best she heard it from him. He was at least glad it was the goddess Ceres, if Jupiter had bad feelings towards Mercury during a visit with Christian, he knew he'd leave as a walking phone charger. "Is there any way you could point us in the direction of Apollo's temple?" He asked, keeping his compassion in check and his tone respectful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pompeiian Politics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Outside of Camp :: Quests-
Jump to: