Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The boys' cabin (private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

The boys' cabin (private) Empty
PostSubject: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Gabe made his way into the small village after looking after the vegetation, and opened the door into the male's cabin. He went in, looking at the sleeping bags and homemade beds, that he still wasn't sure how they were possible. He yawned and went over to Dart, and grabbed a rock, scratching another tally mark on the wall, signifying another day spent on the island. Gabe went over and grabbed the magic conch shell. "Magic conch shell, will any of the girls fall in love with Sexystar Gabriel?" he asked.

"No," it answered.

"Damn it, I think this thing is busted. Dart, fix it for me, please." He hurled the magic conch shell at Dart, before taking off his shirt and going into the bathroom to take a shower, using the sanitary water and soap that had appeared on the island one day (he assumed it was the gods blessing them).
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Dart, on the other hand, had been playing an imaginary opponent on his homemade chessboard. Both sides of the pieces were seashells: white for the white, and off-white for the black. He had a mental list of which shell represented which piece, but most of the other kids didn't really get it--which was fine by him. They never really wanted to play him, anyway; he always won.

The son of Athena frowned as he caught the shell. "Shit, Gabe--be careful, will you?" he grumbled as he carefully placed the magic conch shell--Hal--on the edge of his make-shift bed, which he had designed out of tree branches and palm leaves. "You might break Hal, and I don't want an angry, broken, talking, god-sent conch shell wrecking havoc with his magic or something."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Gabe came out out of the shower with a towel wrapped around himself. He put on some clothes- he also assumed that these had been god-sent. At first, he only had three pairs of clothes, that he had initially packed for the quest, but about a year in, these appeared. Then, they kept appearing in packages every few months. Gabe opened the bathroom door and went over to his bed. "I sometimes wonder if the girls are like us over at their cabin. Of course, when I tried to figure that out, they all got pissed at me." He rested his head. "Do you think we'll ever get rescued?"
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Dart shrugged. "If there's one thing I've learned during my whole time on the island, Gabe my boy, it's that the gods seem to have better things to do than worry about their own offspring....unless the fate of Olympus is in jeopardy," the teenager replied dryly. For the first few weeks after they first became stranded on the island, Dart had hoped along with the others that their divine parents would send somebody to rescue them, or that those at the camp would realize that they were gone and send a search party after them. Then the weeks had turned into months....and then the months had turned into years....and now they hardly ever talked about it anymore.

Unless when Gabe brought it up, that is.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 8:50 pm

"I know, but it sucks. Why the hell are we being treated like trash for something that's not our fault? We didn't get on a f*cking boat, say like, 'hey let's go be stupid and get trapped on some f*cking island xDDDDD,' we got here trying to help camp! And what do we get in return? No rescue or anything. We'd be dead if it wasn't for our efforts combined!" Gabe punched the wall next to him. "The gods f*cking suck-" some lightning roared before Gabe could finish. He sighed and sat up, looking at Dart. "I'd love to watch some TV right now. Too bad we haven't seen a TV in like 3 f*cking years!" he yelled, getting really angry. Sometimes, this just happened to Gabe. He'd get angry about this, and forget about it by the next morning. But this time, he felt even madder. "I'm cussing more than Ari Scorpio right now!"
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 pm

"Whoa, dude--just take it easy. Calm down," Dart soothed, holding up his hands in a restraining gesture. In truth, he was slightly disturbed by Gabe's sudden display of behavior. Gabe was normally the positive one, the peacemaker, the one you could always count on to be cheerful and optimistic. Dart was the one who was supposed to be the realist, the one who was there to tell the blunt truth, the one who was supposed to worry and be stressed out. "Ya, it sucks. It sucks that we're stuck here for trying to the right thing and that our parents don't seem to give a rat's ass about us. But we've just got to make the best of it, you know." He glanced over at this makeshift chessboard. "We'll rescue ourselves. We don't need some shitty old gods."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:56 am

Gabe sighed. "Right. Sorry. I try to hide it from the girls, but I just get really frustrated sometimes thinking about how long we've been stuck here, and that we might not ever experience normal civilization again. I'd love so much to get rescued by someone who cares, but you know, it can't happen. We can't boat, it's too dangerous. None of us can fly, nor teleport, and I wouldn't trust teleportation anyway. The magnetics are weird in general in this area of the world. We just need a good idea, one little push, and we'll be fine." He started trying to calm down, staring up at the roof, which was by far the best constructed out of everything here. It held up well, way better than the walls, which they had constantly replaced.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 am

The son of Athena chewed the inside of his cheek thoughtfully, playing Gabe's words over in his hand. They'd tried everything--literally everything. There were too many monsters in the Sea of Monsters (hence the name), they had already tried to send out distress signals, none of them had any useful getting-out-of-tight-places powers, and the gods had so far been ignoring their prayers for rescue. Well, Dart was done praying to his mother, or his grandfather, or any other god, for that matter. "It's fine, man," Dart consoled, shrugging absentmindedly as he stared at one of the seashells in his hand. "We all get frustrated sometimes--some of us more than other." He thought for a moment at his constant anger towards the Olympians. "We'll think of a way out of this. There's probably hundreds of options that we haven't even considered yet." Probably not, though. Dart sometimes stayed up late many a night just thinking about those supposedly unconsidered options.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:47 pm

"We could, like, maybe build a helicopter or something. I don't know, man. I'm sure we'll all come up with something. Someday." Gabe turned his body, trying to relax, so he could sleep. "Alright, I'm going to sleep on it. Good night, Dart, I guess." He sighed, closing his eyes and trying to focus on anything but getting off of the island. Gabe felt some tears, but kept them to himself- he didn't want to hurt his self-image, especially in front of Dart.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Dart mumbled a half-assed reply and stretched out on his own makeshift bed, trying to get comfortable on the sticks and palm leaves. He had already carefully placed his chessboard on the ground over at one end of his bed and Hal on top of it. Normally, he would've placed them in a chest he and Gabe had made, but he just wasn't feeling it tonight. He sighed deeply as his eyelids fluttered, closing, though his mind was still quite awake and racing. They needed to get off of the island desperately. They couldn't stay here forever. Already, the isolation was gnawing at their sanity--Dart's sanity, anyways. He was determined to find a way off of the island.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The boys' cabin (private)   The boys' cabin (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The boys' cabin (private)
Page 1 of 1