Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stages of Grief

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Christian had been under a guilt driven daze for the past block of time. Since the moment his pilum missed, he hadn't felt an emotional change. Blood was now smeared on him, on his torso and hands, and from that, when touching his face, there was blood there too. He wasn't even sure whose blood was where anymore. When he examined Rowan and carried her to the medics, her blood had gotten on him. Shortly after, his "visit" to Angelica left him with more blood, and sadly less answers.

Only an hour and a half ago, Rowan was smiling at some comment he'd made about searching a bunk. Then, she found that stupid gun. It was in Roz's hands now; the only person he would trust with something so serious. It was the only pit stop he'd made after the interrogation, before coming here. The waiting room was empty for that one moment, and despite having used just before leaving interrogation, Christian could feel the craving.

He managed to pull his head from the ground for just a moment, before popping a small handful of painkillers. His head fell back to the ground, while he stood in front of the chairs. What were these things for? Who could just sit down when someone was in danger like that?

Rowan was still in surgery. There was no way to know what was happening. For all Christian knew, the doctor could come out and tell him she didn't pull through. Jupiter only knew how long he had until Michael Davenport would show up, and rip Christian's rank, name, standing, and possessions from him. Even that wasn't scary, compared to the suspense of what the news might be.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Liam made his way through the large double doors of the ER waiting room. He had been here multiple times in the past, heck, he had been the reason his siblings and dad waited around trying to find out if he was going to be ok. But for some reason, even though his dad, and his younger siblings always seemed so calm during the waiting part, he personally never could master the art. The idea of not knowing what was happening to his loved one, and maybe the smell of the hospital in general got to him. He was pretty much a wreak, and right now was no different.

He had gotten a phone call from his dad in the middle of his criminal justice class, so he had grabbed his school bag, jumped into his car all before he figured he probably should of told his professor where he was going. Not that, that was actually on his mind right now though. Liam mostly ran, but tried to be calm about it, to the front desk. Which was where he asked for information on his sister. Ok, correction: He demanded the information and the early retirement of the receptionist that wouldn't give the information he wanted to hear.

He eventually got a answer that at least partially satisfied him, so he slumped down on a chair and glanced around the room. His eyes landed on the fifth cohort centurion, who was at this moment covered in blood. He couldn't remember the kids name, but figured conversation would be better then anything. Besides it's not like a centurion would be the reason his sister got hurt right? "What happened to you?" Liam asked him, judging that there was too much blood on him to tell if it was actually his or not.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Christian's eyes only looked up to see who was there, it didn't matter who it was, he still had too much shame to be who he normally was. "The blood's not mine. It's not all hers either, but, it's not mine." Christian didn't care what the boy thought of the other blood. She'd brought a gun. Shot Rowan. She deserved worse than a cell and some knacks to the face.

Why did it have to be him? Out of every single person who could come, it couldn't be the relaxed son, or the other daughter? Not the smug father? Or someone from her Cohort? A boyfriend or girlfriend? He'd even settle for Corinne, even though she didn't know Rowan well, it would still be a lot better than it being the oldest brother who he'd heard some not-so-great things about.

Not that it mattered, who was he to be in a position of judgement right now? His addiction's hunger caused his hands to shake on that throw, he forced Angelica to pull that trigger. "I missed the throw." Christian said, his jaw clenching. "She had a gun to Rowan. Rowan tried to talk her down, and I couldn't risk it. I made the throw, and I missed, and she got shot." The truth came out, painfully, but forwardly. Christian didn't care about the consequences; he wanted the consequences. Something to take away the thick guilt that filled his blood.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 pm

"What are you talking about?" Liam asked, "you're the one that got my sister shot? Or you shot her yourself?" He stood up from where he was sitting and walked the few feet over to the other boy. Liam towered over him, and glared down at the kid. "What happened? And maybe try not sounding like a babbling fool this time, huh?"

Needless to say, Liam was not in his usual state of mind right now. He was actually very well-known for his even/calm temperament, it's one of those things that had been drilled into his head his entire life. But right now, in this moment, all prior mental training was out the window. He wanted the truth, or at least the truth enough to allow him to take his extremely pent up anger out on something/one. That one, being Christian.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm

Christian's eyes looked up in a moment of defiance, an unexpected one. He wasn't scared of the former Centurion in general, but the implication made him furious. "I did NOT shoot Rowan." Christian's voice cloaked his shame, allowing to to go on hold. "Don't you think someone would have gotten me by now?" Christian asked, he bared his teeth, holding back remarks. If Liam felt like he was a halfway decent leader, surely he had enough faith in the legion to capture a shooter.

"The gun is with Roz. Half of this blood is the shooters." Christian couldn't stand to have this blown in his face like that, to be accused of being the one to pull the trigger. It was his fault, but he couldn't deny that he cared for Rowan. He wouldn't dare suggest that to her family though, to the ones who had known her since birth. Christian's gaze left behind his defiance. It wouldn't do either of them any good.

But did keep his stance at Liam. He wasn't going to back down. He had the right to be here.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Liam took a deep breath and held it in for a few seconds, trying to calm down. He knew there was a better way to handle this, or at least he knew this fact somewhere deep in his brain. However right now, the other part of his brain that says "screw you training," that tiny part of his brain, that only gets awakened in moments like this. Moments when he literally has no idea what to do, at all. Yeah, right now he wanted to punch something. He didn't though, instead he glared down at the young centurion.

"So, you're smart right? They picked you to be a centurion, yeah? So when you say it's your fault that something happened, it's usually cause someone of such a high rank as you actually did screw something up. So Centurion, since your so adamant over this being your fault, please enlighten me on how?" Liam finally said, after letting his breath go. Punching would be a bad idea, if he punched him or anything else right now, the doctors probably wouldn't let him see his sister when she got out of surgery. He didn't want that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 pm

"She had her in a standoff. Rowan had her bow, Angelica had a gun." Christian tilted his head back, but he kept his eyes on Liam. He remembered the thoughts that went through his head only a short time ago, when he saw Angelica point the gun. To trust her, and follow her lead. The suspense was too much though, and Christian made the call not to trust Angelica's sanity. Little did he know at the time, he couldn't trust his own are if he wasn't pumped with painkillers.

"Man, she could die." Christian said. He wanted the retribution. He wanted to feel something else. "Rowan was talking her down, and I threw my Pilum, missed a throw that a blind man coulda made." Christian took a step closer now. His emotions played against him. "That girl in there might not walk out." Christian could feel strain come over him again, he lost his defiance, but he didn't let it show.

His face conveyed his words, but on the inside, all he wanted was for Rowan to be alright. It would make up for everything.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 pm

"Well you have got to be the worse Centurion I've ever met. Gods, do they pick just anyone for the job these days?" He wondered out loud. "I guess you are right, it is mostly your fault my sister might die. Least you seem to understand that part. What exactly compelled you to throw a pilum at someone when the situation was clearly being handled?" Liam once again wondered out loud. The few other people who were sitting in the ER waiting room looked up at the commotion that the retired centurion and the present centurion were making, however in that moment, Liam didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 am

Aspen had heard news about her sister Rowan being shot. It didn't sound real, but at the same time. It had to be. Why would the hospital call, they didn't make prank calls. Aspen got there as soon as possible. She was in the waiting room trying to call their father, calling numerous times and straight to voice mail. She even left multiple voice mails, but still nothing.

She overhead the conversation that was going on between another Roman and Liam. Aspen was upset and angry. There was a chance her baby sister could not pull through the surgery. It made her blood boil. Her eyes laid on the boy and she came up grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and slamming him into the wall.

"How could you be so f*cking reckless, how? What's wrong with you?" She shouted at him. Refusing to let any tears slip or shine through. She had to refrain from showing that weakness to a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 pm

"She had a gun." Christian reiterated to Liam. He didn't know how to build off of that. He was saying words to speak of his intention, but did his intention matter? If he'd gotten clean, this would have never happened. No, if he had just taken his painkillers when Rowan glanced away, this would have never happened. Regardless, his hunger and craving for painkillers did this, and by extension, he did. He didn't know what else to say; it was his fault.

Aspen, the older sister came by, and there was a minor flea of relief that rang through Christian when she grabbed him and slammed him into the wall. His body was tilted, and the back of his head hit the wall first, before his back. There was some pain, but it was relieving to him. It soothed him, if only a little, to finally feel some retribution for his sins. He'd never wanted pain before, but this would be the one exception.

"She had a gun. All I could think was 'Rowan might die.' I had to stop it." Christian replied. He kept his gaze away from Aspen's. He couldn't look into the eyes of the family who would lose part of who they were because of him.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 pm

"So you threw the pilum at someone with a gun? You figured a pilum would keep someone from shooting a gun? How horrible is your aim?" Liam asked, well he demanded the answers. He watched as his other sister randomly appeared in front of him and slammed Christian into the wall. He figured he definitely deserved it, and was not about to stop her. One did not try to stop Aspen when she was angry and upset, he learned that years ago. Besides, he had wanted to do it himself and he was more than happy to let her have the honors.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Christian got really quiet, and the moment just suspended. Aspen kept him against the wall, and the ache from the back of his head was just a distant memory now. Guilt ate him alive, and dripped through every microscopic pore in his body. How would he be able to live with this if Rowan died, that he couldn't drop the bottle even to save someone's life? Much worse, someone's life who he cared about? His eyes fell from Aspen and Liam, they focused on nothing, as though his senses no longer had a reason to operate.

"My aim is good!" Christian finally replied. "Best in the damn business." His voice shook. "There was... I didn't take..." Christian struggled. They deserved to know why Rowan was going to die, and even now, Christian was too much of a coward to be truthful. "If beating the holy hell out of me is going to make either of you feel better?" Christian wound up his revival from almost slipping out the truth.

"Beat me. I don't care. I won't ever tell another soul." Christian desired the punishment. He wanted nothing more than to feel the world pay him back for what he deserved. "I care about Rowan too." Christian literally cringed at the last thing. What right did he have, to pretend his pain was anything like the pain a family would hold?
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Liam narrowed his eyes once again trying to figure out what was going through the kids brain. He grabbed a handful of Christian's hair, and used it to slam his head back against the wall. "You're hiding something, aren't you? I swear I'll kill you, if Rowan doesn't make it." Liam practically growled at the kid, he gave a second shove to Christian's head, then let go. Beating people up wasn't Liam's style, putting a crap ton of fear into them was. However he wasn't about to stop Aspen from beating him to death either. Liam stalked away, heading for the front desk to try and demand another update, and to also try and call their dad again.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Aspen listened to what the boy had said. Her eyes were intent on staying locked on who was in front of her. She could feel the tears threaten to well up and spill over, but she held them back still. A lot of thoughts went through her head in that moment, and she could just beat the kid senseless and part of her wanted to, but was that going to change the state of Rowan? Probably not. Would it make her feel better? There was a chance. Liam ended up walking away, and Aspen sighed and punched the wall next to the demigod's face and her other hand let go of his shirt.

She took a few steps away and turned her back to him. She crossed her arms in a manner that she was practically hugging her body. "If she dies, you better hide. It wont be just me you'll have to answer to. I'm probably the least of your worries." Aspen said in a soft voice and began to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stages of Grief Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stages of Grief   Stages of Grief Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stages of Grief
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Jupiter :: New Rome :: Medical District-
Jump to: