Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If I Die Young

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Belle
Belle

If I Die Young - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 4:17 pm

The demigod's head shook as the boy beside her mentioned he could take down two monsters with what was in his pants. She didn't have a response to him. When she heard him speak, she turned her head to look over at him as he had put his hand on her side and gave her a peck on the lips. "Maybe, maybe not." Corinne said playfully and a grin forming on her face.

The brunette had her pilum ready, but she was also mentally getting ready. If she needed to use it, she wanted to be able to feel her powers, to be able to use them. It could take a couple minutes to be able to have them at her disposable. At least now she had the heads up. She kept her eyes peeled for the monster and she was waiting to see it.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 8:34 pm

"So, I was just thinking. You heard the conversation." Andrew started. He kept his eyes aimed over the treeline, and his ears listening. "So, what's the deal with trees then? Seriously, why did they spread and grow the way they did? Shouldn't there only be a few type of wood? Why the hell is snakewood a thing? Well, I mean, not the sort of snakewood you were cutting down earlier." Andrew grinned, tilting his head to glance at her for just the moment, before returning his attention where it was needed.

He felt confident in the shot, despite the monster still approaching. He let the arrow go, and surely, the roar from before happened once more, but far louder and more intense. A massive lion-looking creature with a sharp boney mane came charging. One of his eyes had an arrow in it, and Andrew was impressed. "Second best shot of the day." He notched his arrow once more. They still had some good distance from the monster.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 3:36 pm

It wasn't long before Andrew had piped up again. This time he was bringing the wood topic back up. It had sent Corinne out of focus a bit and she looked over to him. "You think about really peculiar things. But if you really want to talk about it, I assume there's many different types of trees because there are different climates all over the world. Some will thrive in those climates while others simply will not. Then you have to take into consideration that many trees have different properties to them. A lot back in the day could be used for healing properties. Not to mention they speculate that the reason we have an appendix is because humans used to eat bark and it helped with breaking that down. I mean that's just what I've heard though. But honestly, why are you so worked up about how many trees there are?"

Her thoughts were yet again cut off by another roar from the beast that had came into view. The arrow had landed in the eyeball of the monster. That was when Andrew piped up and made a comment. The daughter of Chione couldn't help but roll her eyes a bit, but soon a smile formed on her face.

Rinne was allowing herself to get distracted while Andrew got to make the shots. She decided her pilum wasn't of use yet. She could do long range with it, but it wasn't something she practiced with her pilum. Corinne put it away and she decided to focus on her powers and the creature in front of her. She was concentrating on making it feel colder and colder. She could eventually freeze the beast if she had more time, but she simply didn't. Corinne concentrated the cold sensation on it's feet until crystals began to form and suddenly it was frozen to the ground. "It's easier when they stand still."  She commented.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

"Corinne, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention in school, but things don't evolve because they have properties. They evolve because they need properties. It isn't what the differences are, but why they're there. Evergreens can last in most places, so tell me the story behind red oak. Maple trees. I'm assuming you know the story behind maple trees." Andrew looked at her and grinned.

He held his second arrow back, waiting to see Corinne's throw. "I assumed you'd be good with your spear, given it being a wrist tool." Andrew smirked at her. He was doing good with the rebound jokes. Then he watched her freeze the monster to the ground. He raised a brow to her explanation.

"Yeah..." Andrew replied, slinging his bow back over his shoulder, and whipping out his hunting knife. He walked over to the monster, it was flailing, and as much as Andrew wanted to screw with it, he wasn't sure how sturdy that ice was. He stuck with the knife at the base of the neck. Kill a monster for the hunt, and- the monster exploded into golden dust, leaving a large pelt on the ground. He glanced back towards Corinne. "I'd love to bring you to a pool party." He teased.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:46 pm

"Well I wasn't saying they evolved because they had properties, I was just saying they do have different uses and functions. I didn't even attend school, Andrew, but I can tell you that even if I were allowed to, I wouldn't have learned about why all these trees exist. Why does this bother you so much?" Corinne asked. She wasn't sure why this was even a topic or why it even got him going. It didn't make sense to her.

It wasn't long before Andrew had made a comment about her putting her pilum away. She shot him a bit of a glare. She thought the comment was clever, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to pretend to be mad at it. "I am good with a pilum, just not going to use long range, if I don't practice with it a lot."

She watched as the son of Apollo walked up to the beast. It was only a couple of minutes before he had the thing explode in gold dust. Afterwards Andrew made a comment about pool parties and she titled her head a little bit and she was confused. "Pool party? What's that?" Corinne asked.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:53 pm

"I don't know, it's just weird, you have scientists who shout that they can explain the whole world, that they know everything, yet you ask a question as simple as trees, and you get back 'Well, that's just the way the world is.'" Andrew ranted. "What a crappy answer. You could ask people why things fell downwards 10,000 years ago, and you'd get 'that's just the way the world is.' So, how did someone discover the grand phenomenon of gravity, but people are just solid with shrugging about wood?" Andrew finished. He didn't realize it, but he actually had points on the subject.

"Oh, come on, don't glare." Andrew challenged, but also, slightly pleaded. "I just wanted to see you chuck a spear into a snake-lion. Nothing is more attractive than a girl who can King Leonidas monsters." He finished. Not that she hadn't performed well by freezing the monster.

"A pool is like a small manmade pond. They dig up a hole, encase it with plastic or stone, pour in water, then dump a buttload of chemicals in it. Water comes out crystal clear. A pool party is when a lot of people gather at the pool. Usually someone gets pushed in. I just want to see you grab someone's leg with ice." He mused with a grin. "Or, the pool party can just be the two of us."
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 1:24 am

"Well I don't have much more to say about trees. I don't have an answer for you. Why don't you go study trees or something? Find out the reason, I'm sure it's out there somewhere." Rinne said with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't have much more to say on the tree front. She hardly understood why it was so important to him, even though he was ranting about it still.

When Andrew told her not to glare her features softened a bit. "I do not throw pilums very often. Especially if I only have one. I know I should have more confidence in my ability to kill a monster, but if it had ran away I'd be short a weapon to use. One of my finer ones too." Corinne commented as she looked around and she couldn't find Netha.

"I'm not sure if I can swim. It wasn't something I was really taught. My father and nanny always thought the rivers around where I grew up were too dangerous, so I just usually splashed around in shallow ends. Modern swimsuits look really revealing, back in my day I had seen women in full length swimsuits." After replying to his comments on the pool part her eyes glanced back over to him. "Netha hasn't come back yet."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Andrew's brow raised to the girl. She, who had been so playful and pleasant to be around, was suddenly acting all matter-of-fact towards him. He wanted to ask her if he'd said something wrong, ask why she suddenly was being so cold towards him- though, maybe not use that terminology. Still, he didn't say anything, he just had a blank expression in his face. It wasn't Andrew's style to cling to people. This was one of the reasons why. People always quit when they didn't feel like it, even for a moment.

But she was right. Netha hadn't said a thing, not that she normally did, but to Andrew, her mannerisms were paragraphs, novels, even. His head turned back, and he scanned around the area. There was no Netha.

He didn't wait up for Corinne, he felt the vibe that she simply didn't want to be around him. "You seem to be bored with me." Andrew said what was on his mind most times, but not when this is what it was. "I won't force you." He looked for the closest sign of Netha, and found faded signs of light travel. He had a direction.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Corinne was having a weird set of moods going on in her head in that moment. In one moment she was flirty with him, another she wasn't, and in another instant she was a bit reserved from him. She couldn't explain the changing of emotions that were inside of her. It was hard to describe. There was a piece of her that was starting to realize what she had done. Not that she regretted it. She genuinely had a good time, but in a way she felt like she disappointed her father. Sex before marriage? The was sinful enough, but sex with a stranger? She had a life time of sins to repent for in her father's eyes.

Rinne looked over to Andrew, and when he called her out, a hurt expression washed over her face. She couldn't help it. The daughter of Chione couldn't even look away. What was she supposed to say to him. She wasn't bored of him, she just had a lot of internal conflict within herself. Rinne moved closer to him and she rested her hand on him arm. Feeling his warm skin against hers once again.

"Andrew, I'm not bored of you. I'm really not. Please don't think that." Corinne said sincerely. She didn't know what else she was supposed to say. She hadn't known him that well. What was she supposed to say?
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 4:27 pm

"Doesn't matter." Andrew replied. His typically distress for other people was kicking in, and he didn't have a lot of interest left to invest. He gently pulled his wrist away from her, not forcing it out of her grip, but suggesting that it was the right thing to do. He did, however, give her the time of day and looked back at her. He dropped his demeanor. He didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings, even if he wasn't a fan of the attitude change. There was a right way to do things, even if he rarely chose that way.

"We did your thing, cleared your people's path." Andrew began, giving a shrug. "I got a wolf to find. She's a hell of a lady, and moves a hell of a lot quicker and quieter than I do. Don't really have the time to stand around." He kept his tone in check. Maybe right now was the time to do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Corinne didn't know what to do or say. Andrew was showing signs of being distant. It was something she had seen before. Corinne just let it be. He likely had reasons for it. She just stood there in silence for what seemed like a fairly lengthy of time. In a sense she could see it being her fault. She was the one who seemed closed off and reserved for a period of time. What did she expect? She could feel a small piece of her heart hurt from him being distant.

It really all just stemmed from being her fault. If she hadn't said anything to him to initiate anything intimate, she wouldn't feel this vulnerable towards him. She wouldn't feel like she had a connection to him in some way. Then she went and closed him out, how was he supposed to act? It was all her fault. Rinne didn't know what to say, but it seemed the words came out anyways.

"I'll help you find her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Die Young   If I Die Young - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I Die Young
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3