Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Bit of a Departure (p)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

A Bit of a Departure (p) Empty
PostSubject: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 12:43 am

A Bit of a Departure (p) Tumblr_oi9kcrF2JI1w0w8r1o2_500

Parker Anderson was doing something other than playing or practicing ice hockey for the first time in a long time. The son of Boreas was sitting next to Zephyros Creek and was practicing his more secret passions: biology and geology. He had a series of beakers and a small briefcase of science equipment. He dunk a test tube into the water and pulled it out, full of creek water. He dropped a pH indicator into it and shook it up, setting it aside to let it sit.

While he waited for the indicator to change, Parker swirled his finger around a small puddle of water, freezing it lightly as he did. He was really hoping that no one else would be around that day. He wasn't a big fan of people knowing about his science love. Subconsciously, Parker started to whistle along to the song Kids in America as he looked back at the test tube. The water in it had started to change color.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:07 am

A Bit of a Departure (p) Large

Heidi had walked down to the creek during one of her daily strolls. She'd always disappear from her siblings every once in a while, leaving them to wonder where she went. The key was to not actually go anywhere specific. She really wasn't lying to them when she told them, 'oh just around,' whenever they asked.

Today she had decided to walk to the creek. She liked it there, not many campers hung around the area cause it was a fairly long walk from the main areas of camp. Usually she found herself alone, which she liked because then she could sit there and listen to the sounds without interruption. However, once she had gotten to the creek she noticed that today would be one of those rare days where she wouldn't be alone.

She smiled, oh well. Maybe she could make friends with the boy. She quietly walked up to the boy who was whistling. "Mm Hello! Whatcha doing?" She asked smiling at him as she crouched down next to him in order to see.

Last edited by Frankie on Mon May 29, 2017 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Parker's dark brown eyes behind his round brown glasses were locked on the test tube when suddenly there was a voice behind him. The Canadian boy jumped lightly, and the test tube flew out of his hands. It hit a rock in the water, and it shattered, the water of the creek taking it downstream. Parker looked up at the girl, pushing his glasses up his nose. He watched as the girl crouched down next to her.

"I, um, was doing some science on the lake, but not now." Parker said with a small laugh. Parker put the pH indicator back in his case and closed it. Parker leaned forward and traced the top of the creek water lightly with his fingertip. As he did, a very thin trail of ice followed behind his finger. Parker looked over at the girl. "I'm sorry. Do I know you?"
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:26 pm

"Oh sorry!" Heidi said with a smile, she hadn't meant to scare the boy. "Hmm you probably don't know me, most people don't know these days. What kind of science were you doing?" She asked, watching his finger create the ice, it was pretty, and a very neat power to have. Better than her powers had been.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 9:42 am

Parker looked down at the water, pushing his glasses up his nose lightly with his ring finger. "Um, just some basic biology and geology. Nothing too complex. I had to leave a lot of my equipment back home." Parker explained. Usually he would push things about science aside. He had a jock image to maintain, after all, but something about the way that this girl talked told him that she didn't care all too much about labels like jock or nerd. Parker looked back up at the girl. "My name is Parker, by the way. I'm a son of Boreas." Parker said with a smile. "Pardon my prying, but what did you mean by most people don't know you these days?' The Canadian boy asked.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Heidi giggled a bit, "Well that's sad, maybe you could buy more science stuff... I've been here for years and years." She said, to explain herself. She didn't really know what she meant, just that she definitely didn't know as many people as she did when she first got here, some seventy years ago. Which was kind of her own fault for being a loner, most people just didn't notice her. Not that she cared, Heidi would much rather be left alone with her thoughts then carry on a conversation with someone who was just gonna leave in a few years or so. "I'm Heidi, daughter of Hebe." She introduced herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of a Departure (p)   A Bit of a Departure (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bit of a Departure (p)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Forest :: Zephyros Creek-
Jump to: