Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Book [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Maya walked through the library, loving the smell of old paper and books in the air. The library was easily her favorite place at Camp Half-Blood and she spent abnormally large amounts on time in here reading or just sitting and thinking. But today Maya had a mission: to get a book on chariots. The Athena Cabin is hell-bent on winning the upcoming chariot races and everyone in the cabin has gotten a job to help out. Maya wasn't into all the races and battles, but she was into no chores and gladly gave her assistance. She had to find some book on chariots called, The Arts of Building and Working Chariots by Apollo. Maya quickly looked under the A's and found the book with relative ease. She had to stand on a chair to get the book and once she had the book in her hands, she lost her balance and fell on the chair.

"Oww," Maya whispered as she got off the ground, rubbing her shoulder, which took most of the fall. "I'm good, I'm good, I'm okay," She repeated to herself as she picked up the chair. "Why am I whispering? There is no one else here," Maya continued to whisper.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Noah wasn't particularly a fan of the library. It was full of knowledge he already knew, in his computerized mind database. He walked in, however, because he needed to get a book for a friend in the Athena's cabin. His robot, HIRL, Highly Intelligent Robotic Life, was with him. Noah scanned (literally) the area, and saw the book. He grabbed it, and was going to check out, when he heard a thud. He went over, seeing a girl rubbing her shoulder. Noah gulped, it was Maya, his intellectual enemy. He smiled, before asking, "how's t-things M-Maya?"

HIRL went over to her, poking her. A bright blue light came from it's eyes,, scanning her. "She seems to have minor shoulder pain, but nothing serious."
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Maya didn't hear the boy as she was too fascinated with the weird machine that was poking her. Maya touched it lightly with her fingers before snapping out of her trance and processed what the boy said. She recognized him as one of the Hermes kids, who was wicked smart and they got into a few Battle-Of-The-Brains a few times.

"I'm good," Maya repeated again as she stood up and brushed off her shoulders. She looked back at the robot thing and asked, "What's Ultron doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 pm

"This is Highly Intelligent Robotic Life, or HIRL. You can spell it out or just call him 'hurl.' What are you doing here? R-researching?" he asked. Noah was socially awkward. "What's the book you're looking f-for?"
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

"The Arts of Building and Working Chariots," Maya said, rubbing her arm. "It's for an Athena Cabin thing for the chariot races and . . . yeah," Maya ended awkwardly. "So what are you doing here? Getting a book? Pfft, of course your getting a book it's a library."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm

"Yeah, it's for a friend from the Athena cabin," Noah said.

HIRL decided to poke her more.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 8:03 pm

"Uh can you get Hurl to stop poking me?" Maya asked, giving the robot thing a creeped out look as she took a step away from it. Of course it was cool, but Maya was a strong believer in the robot apocalypse and she would rather not be apart of that. "What book?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 pm

"Sorry, he's just always fascinated by human females." He said, grabbing HIRL. "Get off of her, dude."

"Sorry," HIRL said, backing up.

"How To Kill A Mockingbird," Noah clarified.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:07 pm

For some reason Maya blushed as she looked back at the robot before looking at the taller boy. "That's a good book. I read it before, have you? Wait no for course you haven't because your getting the book. Unless your just rereading the book. I do that all the time and-and I'm droning on a lot, I'll stop now," Maya said awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 pm

"I'm getting this for a friend from the Athena cabin," Noah said, grabbing the book. "One of your siblings, my friend from Tech Club." Noah looked down- he didn't like talking to girls, it always made him feel nervous. "Anyway, I'm going to go. Nice to meet you, Maya, I've heard about your intellectual accomplishments." He tapped on the book.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Maya was slightly surprised for a moment, but instantly hid it away with a polite smile. "Nice to meet you too and I heard about you too. Your intellectual accomplishments and all. Like Hurl," She pointed to the robot. "I hope he doesn't turn on you," She said before realizing how weird it sounded and shaking her head in horror. "Forget I said that. It was weird."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 pm

"He's programmed with a chip so if anything did go wrong with him, I could easily shut him down. This isn't one of those movies," Noah said with a smile. "It's okay, many people have had the same concern. If you're into it, maybe sometime I could show you my collection of gadgets I've built." He was still looking at the ground. He adjusted his glasses a little. "Maybe we could build something together, unless you're not into that kind of stuff."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:55 pm

"Oh," Maya let out a sigh of relief. "That's good." Maya slowly started to blush at his words and bit her lip. "Oh yeah, I'm cool with that," Maya attempted some slang. "Uh I actually like gadgets. Not as much making stuff on learning how they work, but I read a few manuals on engines and machinery and stuff like that. I helped my mom convert her car to run on water and I'm babbling on and I'm going to stop now."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:03 pm

"Oh, cool. I, uh, am free like, always. I have no life." He nervously laughed. "Just stop by the Hermes cabin later and ask for me, I'll show you all the stuff I made and uh, I think, I think you'll like it. Hopefully you do." Noah smiled. "Do you always wear glasses? I swear you usually don't, but I may be wrong."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

"Uh I usually wear glasses," Maya smiled, nodding her head as she looked down at her shoes and then back at Noah. "My vision is horrible. I had glasses since I was eight but they were the dorky Harry Potter glasses and I hated them but my mom didn't get me the square glasses like the ones I wear now until I was eleven. I'm droning on again and you probably don't care about my life story, but I would love to see your gadgets."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:10 pm

"Oh, okay. And the rambling's okay, I do the same. I care, trust me, I know what it's like for others to not care. My glasses are pretty dorky, so. I'm just the nerdy type in general." Noah shrugged his shoulders. "Do you like having glasses or do you wish you didn't have to wear them?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Maya unconsciously pushed her glasses higher up her nose as she said, "I actually like them. Not only do they help me see, but if a projectile comes flying at me, my glasses might stop them," Maya said, only half joking, which was weird. She rarely ever made jokes. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:20 pm

"I uh, sort of like my glasses. I don't really care at this point. I feel like I'm regarded as a very-low-socially geek anyway, even if I didn't have the glasses." He started tapping on the book again.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 pm

"Well if it's any constellation, I think your a high socially geek," Maya said before mind slapping herself. She didn't even know what she meant. Maya could feel the awkwardness in the air and started rubbing her arm again. "So . . . you ever see I Robot? Since, you like robots . . ."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 pm

"Oh, thanks, I guess?" Noah said, standing in silence for a few seconds, "No, but I've seen the kids movie Robots." He laughed a little.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:36 pm

"Well this is officially awkward," Maya tried a strained smile, but it probably looked like two hooks were pulling her lips into a smile. Completely strained. "Well, I hope later I can come by and see your gadgets!"

OOC: You respond and then time skip to Hermes Cabin?
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 pm

"Yeah, I have that effect on people." Noah waved, and went to go check out the book.

ooc: Yup

bic:

Noah was at the Hermes cabin, waiting around for Maya to arrive.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Maya was slightly nervous to go to the Hermes Cabin. Nothing about Noah, but she was half sure she would walk through the door and some type of goo would fall on her. It was the Hermes Cabin, after all. Maya was standing on the porch and checking around the doorway for any signs of a prank and when she saw none, she opened the door slowly and looked inside, immediately seeing Noah on one of the beds. She looked around the room and saw most of it was dirty with underwear thrown around wildly and soda cans everywhere.

"Uh hey," Maya said awkwardly, making her way to Noah, trying not to step on anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Book [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Book [Private]   One Book [Private] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Book [Private]
Page 1 of 1