Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Empty
PostSubject: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Carter walked into the Senate House, roughly a week, at least a few days since Reyna was in the hospital. He was told by the Legion that they were going to need his input on a new Centurion; he recommended, in a unbiased fashion, Reyna. So, today was the day she got promoted to Centurion and would take the oath in front of Ambassadors of the Legion, and the Praetor. He was wearing his infamous suit, and glasses. He bought a new briefcase, ever since his last one was vandalized with inappropriate genitalia drawings. He walked down the aisle, looking at the 10 or 15 Ambassadors watching, and The Praetor sitting in a throne-esque seat on stage. It resembled a Church.

He walked on stage, and smiled. He got a microphone. "Today, it will be my honor to welcome a new Centurion among us, to the First Cohort, in Reyna Isobel Wilmer. Ms. Wilmer, please make your way on stage for the oath."
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 pm

Reyna stood up, and walked over to Carter, who had called her name. She was in a formal dress, with a pair of glasses to go with. Rick had suggested it to add up her formality and decrease her good looks, but it ended up becoming several guys’ heartthrobs.

She came close to the current Centurion of the First Cohort, preparing to take the vow.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Carter tried to hide his smile. None of these professionals knew they were dating, and he intended to keep it that way until after the ceremony had passed- he didn't want to make it look like he was making a biased choice. Reyna was truly a great warrior, and he saw that from the moment they started training. It also didn't hurt that she was his love and he spent a lot of time with her. But that wasn't the reason why she was promoted, of course.

Carter cleared his throat. "Put up your right hand and repeat after me. I, Reyna Isobel Wilmer, promise to protect," he paused, "the First Cohort, the Legion, and the camp,," pause, "from any harm. With this position," pause, "I will not be biased, or abusive. I will serve," pause, "the First Cohort with honor. I realize the importance," pause, "and the power that comes with this position. Long reign the Romans."

There was applause after she said those lines. The Praetor smiled, and proceeded to shake Reyna's hand.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:28 pm

She smiled at the praetor, before nodding and returning to Carter's side. She was a Centurion now. A big position in the Legion, she had to admit. There was thunderous applause, and after the ceremony, she dragged Carter out of the House.

"We're both Centurions, eh? Guess I can be with you now, even when I'm working."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm

"Yeah, I guess so," Carter said. "Since when did you did glasses?" he asked. They were in a private spot outside of the New Rome High School, near the Senate House. He looked around for people, making sure no one was near. He leaned against the tree they were by, and positioned himself close to her.
"Nevermind, we can talk later," he said, slowly kissing her. He smiled as he pulled her close to him.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 pm

She took off her glasses as he pressed his lips against hers, holding the back of his head. Reyna leaned deep into the kiss, pushing Carter back against the tree.

|| tbh I don't know what to write anymore lmao
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 pm

ooc: I was either expecting what you just wrote or Rick interrupting tbh.

bic:

Carter picked her up and spun her around, holding her waist, like a hug. He slowly stopped the kiss and put her down. "I got you something," he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a ring. "It's not what you think," he quickly said. "It was my mother's Centurion ring, I thought you should have it. I love you," he said the last part somewhat quietly.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Reyna admired the ring for a bit, before slipping it through her finger.

"It's beautiful. Thanks." she leaned over and pressed her lips against his once more, before she is set down again. "I love you."

"Well, well, well, got engaged already? That's surprisingly fast, especially for the likes of you."

Said Rick, who was drinking from his flask again.

"It's just his mother's Centurion ring." she stood up, crossing her hands at her twin.

He burped. "Hate to break it to you, Reyna, but you're way behind in the family. As you may recall, I was offered Centurion years back, but I turned it down, you see."

"Because you hate governments and people telling you what to do, as usual, right?"

"Correct. And they never offered me ever since."

She shook her head. "What are you doing here?"

"We, as twins, have a special connection, as you know. I sensed you were in trouble, so I came, and I was right." he pointed at Carter. "Being in a relationship is the biggest trouble of all."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

"Of course," Carter said, kissing her back. "I love you too," he said with a little more confidence, before being interrupted by Rick. He listened to their back and forth conversation, rolling his eyes at Rick. "Rick, relationships are life. Love is life. Sex is life. We're not 13, it's not embarrassing to like a girl. I'm going to turn 18 tomorrow, a legal adult, I think it's quite alright to be in a relationship. You'll finally get it when you grow up in about five years and realize that you have no relationship, job, education, or life." He adjusted his tie. "Now, I promised to take Reyna out to celebrate. Do you want to come along or would you rather be an edgy teenager sitting in your room playing with science toys?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 am

"With no due respect, Carter, what you call love is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing relationship. I did it, Reyna did it, and will do it again. As for your self-proclaimed bright future, you'll end up a whiny @ss in an office for a 9 to 5 job, unable to support your wife, whoever that may be, and die alone. While I, will go burning my cash stack because I like it."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:31 am

"You see, Rick, that's called lust. Love is much more beautiful and lasts forever. If you love someone, you don't want to 'breed' with them, necessarily. But since we're throwing insults around at my future, education does matter, Rick. If you think you're going to be rich, you're delusional, so get your head out of your ass, stop pretending to be Marty McFly, grow the hell up, and try not to be Mr. Coolkid. You'll be rich from all the women paying you to get away from them, maybe, or rich from New Rome supporting your sorry ass because you rather be a little boy than a man. It's okay, Rick, someday you'll understand, during the 70th Super Bowl when your mom is trying to tell you it's okay you haven't lost your virginity." Carter took Reyna's hand and led her to the car. "Where do you want to go?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 am

"Oh, wow? You think you know what love is? Well, science proved it is just a chemical reaction. And if you think that education matters, tell me specifically why the sky is blue? Or why do we age slower in space? You think all that bull crap about the Pythagorean algorithm is gonna help you do something with your life? You're an idiot, Carter, proven by the fact you are endorsing this country's dilapidated education. Reyna agrees too."

She shyly nodded. Though very much on her boyfriend's side, Rick had a point. They shared a mutual hate for education, overall, though she still took it to later in life get a job.

"And Carter, I'm not trying to be a Cool kid or being rich, either. I hate the presence of others, such as yourself, and your opinions mean very little to me. As for rich, I'll get there with no effort, then when it does require effort, I'll just pour gas on the counter and throw my cigar in it. As for "women paying me to leave them alone", why the hell would I need one if love is just a chemical reaction? Think for yourselves, don't be like sheep. You really are your father's child."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 am

Carter just laughed. "I don't mean any of that, Rick. I don't care what scientists say, love is beautiful, and I can't believe you agree with him, Reyna. I'm not in love with you because I feel the need to breed with you, I'm in love with you because you're a wonderful human and beautiful, inside and out. I mean you have to have maturity, Rick. You can't sit around life with a tinfoil hat discussing why education is actually a hoax to revive Darth Vader or something. You gotta do what you gotta do in life to make money, be happy, and support those you love. I'm very much the opposite of a sheep, Rick, it's why I lead a cohort and you can't lead a fish to water. If you think you'll be rich with no effort, you don't know how life works. Now, it's obvious we won't agree, and if you want to live your life without love, that's sad. Good day, Rick. Maybe someday your tinfoil hat will fall off, or maybe someday you'll need it to make pizza rolls in your father's basement."

Carter got in the car, and once Reyna was in, he drove away. "I'm thinking pizza, but it's up to you."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:03 am

"You know--you shouldn't be that harsh to him. I know that Rick won't take it personally, because he doesn't care. Because no one's special to him, not even himself. But you shouldn't have been that harsh towards him, Carter. He's the only family I have left--and he visited me in the hospital, and he went out for revenge."

She felt her sentences were contradicting itself. He did care. He was frantic when she was shot. But he also didn't, in a way. She chose to divert the topic instead.

"Pizza sounds good." Reyna smiled.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:43 am

"I'm sorry, he's just harsh to me and a bit delusional, to be honest," Carter said, pulling into the parking lot of the nearest pizza place. "What type of toppings do you want? I'll go order it, and we can eat it at my house. I also have a cake and some icecream home to celebrate." He kissed her. "We can celebrate without food though," he said, raising an eyebrow and laughing. "I'm joking."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 6:07 am

"He's not delusional, Carter, he's right. He's actually doing something different while we're just sheeps: he's going to find success without education, and that's one thing no one's dared to do. He's brave, Carter, but he's just a d!ck sometimes. And I'm sure he can lead, because he was almost a Centurion once, he just turned it down because he hated governments. You have to admit that education is a bad thing, because it's heavily scores-oriented, and it's not a place for smart people." said Reyna. Wow--they did have a lot in common. That's why they were twins.

"We can go to your home if you want." she said, smiling after he leaned down to kiss her.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:44 pm

"Education's a good thing, Reyna. It separates those who care about success from those who don't care. It separates hard-workers and lazy people. And we are not sheep, Reyna- sheep implies you mindless follow something without forming your own opinion. I very much have my own opinion on this." Carter got out of the car. "But, it's in the past. Let's just get our pizza and head home. I'll be right back, what type of toppings do you want?" he asked, looking into the car.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm

"Anything other than coconut or broccoli, please." she smiled, though somewhat disgruntled about their previous conversation. "Oh--Carter, if there's drinks or anything, can you get us a Pepsi Light? Or Coca Light, anything without sugar."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 pm

"Yeah, of course," Carter said, and went in.

After 10 or 15 minutes, Carter came back out with a pizza and Pepsi Light. The pizza had sausage, bacon, and pepperoni on it. He got in the car, and started it up. "So, how many kids do you want?" he asked. "I mean, not implying with me, but just in general, have you thought about what you want children-wise?" he started to drive.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:29 pm

It was a really personal question. Fortunately, she didn't mind. If people took things too personal, civilization couldn't progress.

"Yes. I've always wanted one. Just one. Boy or girl, gay or not, I will love them equally. If it were twins, like me and Rick, then I'll hang on to that, but I don't plan on having a second."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:44 pm

"I gotcha," Carter said, pulling up to his house. "I think I'd like two, I'd like a girl and a boy, but it doesn't much matter to me." He got out, with the pizza, and went inside, holding the door for her. "The cake's in the fridge. Let me get it out for us." He went over to the fridge, getting it out, and some icecream out of the freezer, too. He got some plates and sat next to her. "You're really beautiful, you know that?" he asked with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:39 pm

"Thank you." she awkwardly smiled back, while taking out a piece of pizza and offered some to her boyfriend. It was exactly what she fancied. She popped open a can of Coke, and drank it until the spiciness of the pizza was washed away.

"Extra chilli? I like it." she mused to Carter, then returned to eating.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 pm

"Yeah?" Carter asked, and went over to turn the TV on. He turned on the news. "Put on what you want, it's up to you," he said, handing her the remote. He started eating some pizza, dripping some of the Pepsi. "I can't see you as the type of person to watch a lot of TV, so I'm assuming you'll just keep on the news." He started eating another piece of pizza. "How many pieces do you think you'll eat?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:49 pm

"I don't really know." she shook her head, all the while consuming another piece and the rest of her can of Coke. "Uhh--Carter, do you mind if I sleep over tonight? With you?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Carter looked at Reyna, with a confused expression."Yeah, of course. But, wait, did you mean sleep over here with me like...you meant it like sleep here, right? Or are you asking to directly sleep with me?" he was okay with either answer but not sure how to interpret what she was saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)   Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reynarter 3: The Crowning (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next