Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mission (private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:47 am

Carter and Reyna were assigned to go figure out about a so-called 'monster disturbance' in Wyoming, a part of the US Carter never visited. He looked at himself in the mirror- he was wearing a grey t-shirt, jeans, and combat boots. He had a few weapons on him, as well as a backpack full of stuff. He was hoping that they wouldn't be in Wyoming long, but he was given money to buy a hotel just in case, as well as money to buy food. He went to the entrance of Camp Jupiter, where he was going to meet Reyna, and take pegasi to Wyoming, in the area described. It all reminded him too much of the first time this all went down- when Ainsley was killed, when they found the damn Sword of Mars. He would be lying if he said he wasn't fearful for what would happen, especially with Reyna around. Carter didn't want to lose her.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Reyna grunted. Rick had somehow manipulated the camp into allowing him to accompany her and her boyfriend, which succeeded as usual.

"Why do you even have to follow us?"

"To make sure you two don't do anything stupid and kill yourself. Also to ensure that you don't sleep with him like last time. I'm not ready to be an uncle yet."

"How did--"

"Oh, please, Reyna. Not showing up home can only mean you're staying in one place, which is his house. I'm not spying on you, it's just I have genius deduction skills."

She rolled her eyes, and accompanied him out of the house. Reyna wore a t-shirt with jeans, while Rick had on his usual lab coat with an undershirt and trousers. He carried a backpack, which contained all the inventions he may use to his liking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Carter beamed when we saw his girlfriend approaching, but wasn't too keen on having Rick come along with them. He waved at them, then when they came near enough, he looked at the pegasi. "OKay, well I only got two, because I didn't realize Rick would be here. Reyna, just ride on the back of mine." He got on one, putting out his hand to help her on. "Why are you coming with us, Rick? We were the two assigned to the mission, and we can handle ourselves, we're both Centurions."

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:31 pm

He laughed a hearty laugh.

"Oh, so because you are a Centurion, you are in a sense, superior to everyone else? When will you two learn, that the most powerful people of all, are the people? Anyway, keep that pegasus for riding. I, myself, have a better transportation."

Taking out a remote control for a toy car, he dragged the stick.

"What's that supposed to do?"

Ignoring Reyna's question, he kept dragging, until the revving of a car was heard. Then, out of nowhere, a DeLorean outfitted just like in the movie skidded out of the woods to stop next to him.

"No way. Are you seriously driving there? By the time you're there, we've already been long gone."

"Roads? Where I'm going, we don't need roads."

He quickly entered the car, closing the door behind him and setting a few buttons.

"Shall we go?" Reyna mounted the pegasus, and looked at Carter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Carter decided arguing with Rick never helped any situation, so telling him that the Centurions technically were more powerful (hence 'position of power') wouldn't do any good. He practically ignored Rick's car and refusal of a pegasus, as well. Carter smiled at Reyna and the pegasus took off, soaring through the air.

Once the pegasus hit the area in Wyoming, it landed, and Carter got off, helping Reyna. "I think we lost Rick," he commented, taking her hand. "Before we start this investigation, let's go get the hotel room, shall we?" he started walking- Wyoming was a lot more country than Carter had ever experienced.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:49 pm

When the other two walked up the hill, they found the one thing they'd least expected. Rick was sleeping on top of the DeLorean with a hat to cover his face, his hand holding his flask of alcohol.

"How the hell?" Reyna came over and nudged him awake. He shot from his sleep, screaming "KIDNEYS! I'VE GOT NEW KIDNEYS." Then he realized that he was in the real world. Seeing the two of them, he glanced down at his watch.

"One hour and four minutes. Bravo! I've been dying from boredom waiting for your slow asses."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Carter rolled his eyes at Rick. "Let's just keep going," he said, continuing the walk to the hotel.

When they reached there, Carter paid for their reservation and went to their room. "When I made the reservation, I only got one bed, because I thought it'd just be me and Reyna. Now we have a problem on our hands," he said, looking at the twins. The hotel room had one queen sized bed, a bathroom, small kitchen, and a TV. "We better hope we're not here for the night." He looked out of the window. "Where do you guys want to start?"

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:04 pm

"You're afraid. I see. Afraid of me preventing you two from doing rough things in the middle of the night."

He took out his sword from the backpack and sheathed it. "Oh, let's spend the night. Here's why. We don't have to bother coming for them. Instead, we let them come to us because of our super powerful scent that we're delivering right now. We set up traps and obliterate them all. One big boom."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:13 pm

"That's not true, I didn't want to pay for a room with two beds when it wasn't necessary," Carter said, half-truthfully. He listened to Rick's idea. "Yeah, that'll work, except then we'll pull innocent mortals in harm's way, and we have no traps. We don't even know what we're dealing with, Rick. All we know is that it's being classified as a 'monster disturbance.' I think we should have one of us stay here and wait it out, while two of us go looking." Carter sat on the edge of the bed.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:18 pm

"Nope. The thing about mortals is that they're very easily manipulated. Due to a strange turn of events regarding a hygienic problem, no one has set foot here, and the staff seemed more than relief to welcome us."

Reyna shook her head. "You just drove them out of business, Rick!"

"Not at all. The rumors are set to be debunked in 2 days. Which means we have two days to lure those monsters before the hotel regains its reputation and open its doors."

"What about the traps you speak of, Rick?"

He quickly kicked the chair holding his backpack over, where its contents were spilled. It was full of mechanisms and wiring tools, with several combustable devices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:30 pm

"I don't know, Rick, this stuff seems like it's pretty dangerous. Besides, the only way monsters can be killed is by Celestial Bronze, Silver, or Imperial Gold. These mechanisms won't do much, especially when considering what we could be up against. This could be one monster, or many, small, or big. As demigods, we never truly know what's around the corner." He continued looking out of the window. "Look, I'm going to go looking a bit, see if I can find anything. Either of you care to come along?" he asked, grabbing his sword.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:39 pm

"Look, Carter, in case you don't get it, fire kills monsters too. The sole purpose of these things are to distract them, which we will then use to our advantage to slit their throats from behind."

He shrugged. "Feel free to go. If you value your life, Reyna, you should stay."

"N-no, I'll come along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:00 pm

"If it's a Cyclopes or something, fire sure as hell won't kill them." Carter sighed. "OKay, you try the traps thing, I'm going to go see if I can get some info on what's going on." He smiled at Reyna, when she said she'd come along. "Alright, this way, m'lady," he left the hotel, and looked at her. "I think we should start by asking people what they saw and in what direction, then we'll follow up on it."

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:22 pm

"Sounds good."

They went around and inquired several mortals. They claimed that they definitely saw something horrifying near an abandoned park, which points to the monsters.

"Now we know where they are. I can't help feeling that it's a trap. Maybe - - maybe we should try Rick's plan of trapping them instead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:28 pm

"It probably is a trap, but if there's one thing I've learned on going on quests and missions like this, it's that sometimes you have to provoke the beast. It'd be like sitting on opposite sides of a teeter-totter and neither of us moving. Even if it's a trap, perhaps we need to strike first." Carter looked at her. "But, um, Reyna, I don't know how to tell you this...I'd prefer going with Rick instead, or alone. My last girlfriend, she...she passed away in a similar fashion to how this is about to go down. I don't want to lose you, and I'm superstitious."

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 pm

"We could always go with Rick's plan, and bait them. No lives are lost." She said. Reyna had confidence that Rick's plan would help them defeat the monsters more easily, than walking directly into a trap.

"Look, we could always take Rick along with us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:57 pm

"I don't think we'll be able to bait monsters we don't know anything about, though. Even if we do, we don't know if Rick's traps will work." Carter looked at his sword. "I'd prefer if I did this, you just to stay out, I'm just...I can't lose you like I lost Ainsley. I love you so much and if you died, it would...it would destroy me, Reyna."

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

"Have a little faith in Rick. I mean, he literally built car that could fly for thousands of miles. That's not something you'll see in ten or fifteen years. Even if we don't know anything about them, we'll improvise. That's what we always do.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Carter sighed. "Alright, fine, we'll give Rick's plan a go, see what happens." He looked in the direction of the hotel, then quickly kissed her. "Sorry, I just figured with Rick around, we won't be able to do that for a while." He kissed her again, then started moving towards to the hotel.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:58 pm

"Oh, trust me, I'm sure he knows."

The duo returned to the hotel, when the sky had darkened at 8 PM. They took the elevator upwards, and entered the hotel room to be greeted by Rick, watching more of Doctor Who on TV.

"Your making out was fun, I suppose?"

Reyna mouthed "See?" to her boyfriend, before turning to look at Rick.

"Where are all the traps?"

"Oh, I've set them up. You just can't see them. Tonight, they will come."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:06 pm

Carter rolled his eyes. "We didn't make out," he said. "The mortals said the disturbance was around the park area, we didn't go searching though. We decided to come back and try the trap idea." He sat on the edge of the bed. "I still don't know how we're going to solve the bed issue."

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:24 pm

"Welp, you two can have the bed and sleep together. As for me, I rarely sleep. We'll just stay here for one night, then we're off anyway." He drew the Eleventh Doctor's screwdriver.

"Also this, is the only thing that will keep us alive tonight. It is the trigger for all the traps I've set up. So, keep your eyes peeled, in the event the monsters try to slit your throats while you sleep."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm

"Where are you going to go, Rick, if we sleep here?" Carter asked. "Do you have some type of camera installed, watching my every move?" he asked, laying back on the bed. "Anyway, I'm going to go take a shower. Rick, do you want to join?" he asked sarcastically. He went into the bathroom with his clothes and a towel.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:53 pm

"No, Carter, I'm not gay. You can, alternatively, ask my female version for it. Like you did the last time she came to your house. As for the cameras spying on you, I can't say, for it'd ruin the magic trick." he said, then closed the door behind him and left.

"Welp, see? He knows. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any cameras, he's not that type. He found out somehow. Anyway, I'd gladly join you in the shower, since he didn't seem bothered by the last time we did it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Carter silently celebrated in his mind when Rick left. "I don't care if he knows, I'm 18 years of age, and you'l be 18 soon enough, it's not like he can stop us. Damn I really hate this new found rebellious side of me." Carter smiled at Reyna. "Alright, but if this is Rick tricking us, I told you so." He went into the bathroom.
---
Carter checked the time- it had been 15 minutes since they got out of the shower. They were now laying in bed, watching TV. Carter had his arm around her.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   

Back to top Go down

Mission (private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next