Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

Mission (private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 pm

She leaned onto Carter, holding his hand tight.

"I'm tired. We should--sleep, perhaps? We could always keep an eye out, of course. Rick is still guarding for us, so we're safe here."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:11 pm

"Yeah, we can sleep," Carter said, and kissed her forehead. "Good night," he said, and turned the TV off. He closed his eyes, enjoying her body warmth against his.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm

The two fell into their sleep that night, the lights off to ensure a nice one. Little did they know the sound of the balcony doors gently sliding open, and a tall figure entering their chamber. He approached, looking at the two demigods, the two that were about to enjoy their final sleep.

He took a step forward, raising the knife ever closer. Normal blades can harm them, for they were mortal. His foot landed on something on the floor, and suddenly, the entire room lit up with blazing lights. The door flew open, and Rick pointed his sonic screwdriver at the Cyclops.

"I KNEW IT!" he yelled with excitement, before an air gun popped out from the wall and blew a blast with the force equivalent to a cannon. It was pushed backwards, and Reyna, who'd been awake the entire time, launched out of her bed with her staff, impaling the monster through the chest, watching as it turned to dust.

"Good job, sister."

"Thanks, Rick! Carter, wake up!" she ran back to her boyfriend and shook him.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Carter was already awake by the time his girlfriend shook him. He got up, put on his glasses, looking at the dust on the floor. "Wow, props to you, Rick, but something tells me that wasn't the last of them." He grabbed his sword, and went onto the balcony. "Bad news, guys," he said, looking in the distance to see a few cyclopes going to a run-down building. He adjusted his glasses and looked at the twins. "I'm going to go, neither of you follow." He quickly put on some athletic shorts. He brushed his teeth, put on deo, and quickly went out the door. "I'm going to see what they're up to- I repeat, don't follow. I can't have happen to you guys what happened to Ainsley. Rick, keep Reyna here. For me. Please."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 pm

"Nope, Carter. That was an optical illusion."

The Cyclopes were still running. With a flick of the screwdriver, the street lights turned on, and there was no one there.

"They're not there. They're here, in the building. You two, take your swords out at the ready. I estimate there to be at least seven. All different types of monsters."

The lights in the building suddenly went dead, and they all exchanged nervous looks. The screwdriver flickered, shining them enough.

"They've cut the power, but fortunately, the traps aren't affected. Stick close, they plan to ambush us."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 8:59 pm

"How were you able to pull that off? You can't control the Mist?" Carter asked Rick. He was very suspicious of how Rick was able to know all of these things, and control these things. "How do you know there's seven, and the type of monster? How in the world could you possibly know they plan to ambush us, what are you, the Monster-Whisperer?" he asked, following the group, sword in hand.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 am

"I don't control the Mist, they do, albeit very poorly. The illusion works only in the dark, so I lit it up. I saw it earlier this evening. As for the number 7," he gave to Carter a tool of life signature detection. "10 signatures. Including us. I doubt they'd send in all Cyclopes or all Hellhounds, because that would be way too easy for us. No, they're gonna send a diverse group of them."

He rolled his eye at Carter's ignorance. "Because, why the hell would you cut the lights for? The real problem is one of these monsters: one of them, or maybe someone, is controlling the Mist."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 3:54 pm

"Lights off could mean destruction in the electricity part of the building, or maybe they see better in the dark." Carter continued to follow them, twirling his sword. "It doesn't mean they're going to ambush us. If the monsters have been causing problems in this area for a while, it obviously means they're here for a reason besides us, we're just icing on the cake. I think we should head down to the lobby, there might be some there." He looked around. There was a growl that echoed throughout the hotel.

Suddenly, a cyclops. disguised as Henry Wilmer by the Mist, approached them. "Rick! Reyna! Help me!" he cried. "They've taken me here! Help! I thought I lost you guys!"

Carter realized what was happening, and quickly slashed down the cyclops, beheading it.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Rick and Reyna were unmoved by the monster's attempt. They'd been manipulated once, they weren't going to let it happen again.

"Carter, your mind is extremely limited. There is absolutely no reason for them to be here, other than sensing our presence and lust for our death. It's what monsters do." Rick sighed at the Centurion's stupidity. "They know we will spot them harder in the dark, they know they have better control of the Mist in the dark, they know they see better in the dark. So of course they'd cut the power to ambush us. Idiot."

When Carter suggested the lobby, Reyna shook her head. "It's the place with the widest space in the hotel, there's definitely going to be a trap there."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 11:23 am

"Then why were they around before we got here? Why are we here in the first place?" Carter asked. "Yeah, but the power going out doesn't- nevermind, let's just continue on." Carter looked at both sides of his blade, examining the dust on it, then looked at the twins. "I doubt it- and besides, if there is, we have to confront them sooner or later. We can't exactly play ninja, we need to get together some type of plan and form an attack on them. It's the best way to go about it, and the most Roman-like way."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 4:31 pm

"Carter, I highly doubt how you were able to make it to Centurion with such poor tactic skills. By the time we come up with this plan of yours, the monsters would have us for dinner. We're not playing ninja, we're drawing them out because they know where we are already, ninja is supposed to be stealth. They have the advantage of the dark, we have the advantage of the traps, and going down the lobby is throwing away our only shot. So if you want to live, then shut the f*ck up, because you're a shitty tactician." Rick grunted, then dragged Reyna behind him, holding the sonic screwdriver up to shine their path.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 am

"Alright, since you're 7th birthday is tomorrow and you decided it's wise to personally insult me, because that after all is the mature way of going about it, I'm going to go with my half of the plan and you go with yours. Reminder, who here has been on multiple quests, and who here's only way of going on a quest was to beg to be apart of Reyna and I's? If you need me, you know where I'll be," Carter said, swinging his blade around. He went the opposite direction of them, using his natural battle strategies, as a son of Mars, lead him in the direction of the lobby. He quietly looked around the corner, seeing a few monsters gathered up. Carter looked above him, noticing the stairs which he was following led to another floor below the lobby. He quietly made his way down to that area, noticing a door, normally locked, broken in two.

Carter went in the room, noticing it was the electric/boiler room. He quietly started searching around, noticing a trail of golden blood, making him wonder if one of the monsters got trapped and led it's way down there. Carter followed it quietly, before seeing a big pile of dust. He studied it, before being attacked from the side by an empousai. He quickly pushed it off and swung his sword at it, beheading it. He went over to the main power system and turned the lighting to the building back on.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:49 am

As soon as the lights came back on, a searchlight shone directly at him. Surrounding him were at least ten monsters, and they all charged at once. The demigod had no time to react, and soon, he was held, his weapon tossed away. Rick said 7, yet he forgot to account for the ones that didn't breath.

"Pathetic. You should've followed your kin when you have the chance." said a Cyclops, taunting the helpless son of Mars. Two Cyclopes were holding him, twisting his arm.

"Take him to the base."

The Cyclops proceeded to launch a strike that knocked him unconscious, and dragged him upstairs.

"Stop!" said Rick, who stood at the doorway, holding only the sonic screwdriver.

"It's the half-blood rat. Kill him!"

"Wait wait wait! Step back!"

He pointed the screwdriver.

"Or what? What do you want?"

He shrugged. "Mercy."

"We have none."

"Not a request, but an offer. If you drop our friend and walk away, we will leave you unharmed, walking away alive, saving time regenerating in hell. If you don't--well, I'll kill every single one of you."

All of them laughed. "You alone? Great joke."

"Yup!"

"Who are you?"

"The Doctor."

The sonic screwdriver flashed, making the annoying noise, and from the walls, dozens of sentries suddenly rose out and fired upon them a bajillion rubber bullets. They were stunned, dropping the unconscious Carter. At that moment, Reyna charged forward and swiftly struck down 5 who failed to regain focus.

Rick took the chance to grab Carter and dragged him away, out into the lobby. He forced the front door open and pulled him outside.

"Wake up!" he called, taking a garden hose and sprayed at full burst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission (private)   Mission (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission (private)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2