Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

finders returners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: finders returners   Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:52 pm

((  sky full of stars   ))

Tessa Hayes was still wearing her cheerleading uniform when she walked into the half empty dining hall. It was obvious that the dinner rush was over, but some still sat at the different tables carrying on conversations. Tessa hadn't been back at camp since this morning. She had projects to finish after school, and of course cheerleading practice. When she had returned back to camp, she had found a weird metal device of some sort abandoned under one of the trees she walked by. She wasn't exactly sure how it got there, but it looked weird and complicated, so there was really only one person it could belong to.
She managed to find Noah fairly easy, especially because there weren't many people around.
"Hey" she greeted with an easy smile, sitting across from him and putting the device in front of him, "I think this is yours."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Noah lost Techno, his new invention, earlier today while roaming in the forest. It was essentially aa remote controlled toy helicopter that also played music. He was trying to add in a laser beam system, just to have some fun, earlier, but while driving him, lost him in the trees. It wasn't important enough to Noah for him to climb the 50 ft tree and retrieve it, and it wouldn't respond via the controller, so he left, with plans to make a new one earlier.

Right now, though, Noah was hungry. He put on a plaid T-shirt and jeans and his glasses and headed to the Mess Hall. He was craving mashed potatoes and steak, and got some of that, before taking a seat in the back of the mess hall, far away from people. He got out some bolts and metal scrap from his pockets and started building a little bit. He was getting very bored of this, and was glad when he saw Tessa approach him. She was still in her cheerleader uniform and all. Noah knew it must've looked weird for a girl like her, with a cheerleader uniform on, to be talking to guy like him, sitting alone in the hall.

"Thanks," Noah said, happy she had found it. "I'm so glad you found this. I was trying to add a laser mech- eh, nevermind, you don't care. What do I owe you?"

Always watching
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Tessa smiled as he started to explain the mechanics of his device. She didn't understand one bit of it. She was good at chemistry, and biology, and english, and cheerleading, and music. She was not good at math or engineering. Part of her wished she was. She had an athena kid tutoring her right now, so she could keep her grade up.
"Nothing right now."She said with a wink, then a laugh. "Kidding, it's no big deal. But hey, sit here I need go to grab food." It had occured to Tessa that she really hadn't eaten anything since lunch, excluding the granola bar and excessive amounts of water that she had at practice. She went through the food line, scraping a bit of her salad into the brazier for her dad.
"So," She said as she sat back down, "What'd you do today?"
She didn't really care that this tecnically wasn't the Apollo table. Really, nobody sat at the right table nowadays anyways. It reminded her of elementary school where they always sat you with your class during lunch. There was really no point to it at all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Noah nodded, figuring she'd tell him he owed her nothing. The split second she winked at him, he nervously laughed, and feelings rushed towards him. Noah was usually emotionally distant, but that wink had made him feel weird for a second, like the part where he almost thought she was being serious. Noah knew he was reading too much into it, but that was just him being him. Besides, he was laughing at the stupid, unreal possibility of a girl like Tessa actually liking a guy like him. She was all social and stuff, and he was just the nerd who sat in the back of the mess hall, fidgeting with tiny mechanical parts and making blueprints. Noah nodded when she told him to sit here when she got food. It wasn't unnatural, at this point, for Tessa to sit by him.

"Well, I haven't done much. I woke up, brushed my teethed, showered, grabbed a muffin from the mess hall, got some gadgets to work on, and headed to the forest. I was trying to figure out Techno, my new invention. It's a flying toy helicopter than shoots laser beams, or at least, I'm aiming for that. My life isn't all that interesting, Tessa, so you better just talk about your day," Noah said and laughed. He looked at Techno, all broken up and with leaves stuck in it, and he badly wanted to head to his cabin right now and fix and clean him up. Noah knew it'd be rude to leave Tessa like that, though. Tessa was one of the few people he knew that he'd actually consider a friend. Most girls like her were mean and nasty to him.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Tessa raised an eyebrow, "Like my day isn't even more boring?" she said, "I had my classes, and then I had cheerleading practice. The only interesting thing going on there is the fact that Olivia Bryant broke her ankle and so we had to reorganize all our routines to include one less person. So we spent half of practice standing around trying to figure out who was supposed to be where." She shrugged, "In all it was pretty boring."
Tessa played with her food a little bit, pushing around the tomatoes on her plate. "Anyways, later I have to go practice in the music room, and then do homework, so it looks like the rest of my day is going to be boring too. What are you planning on doing later?" Sometimes, Tessa really hated her extracurriculars. As much as she loved cheerleading, she would like to get home earlier so she could have some free time. But she was planning on becoming captain next year, which meant that she couldn't miss any practice. Nor could she ditch music because it would feel weird without it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:25 pm

"That sucks," was all Noah said in response to her talking about her boring day. It still sounded somewhat fun, though, like school all over again. Unluckily for Noah, he already sped up his graduation and didn't have any school, besides college, to go to. He was considering going to college in New Rome, but he didn't know what he'd major in. And, to be honest, Noah wasn't sure there was anything that school could teach him at this point, especially if he went for some sort of technology degree.

"Uh, well, I was going to fix Gadget, then head to the library and rent some books I was recommended by a friend from the Athena cabin. Then after reading, probably watch some TV, maybe go to the campfire tonight. Then bed, obviously." Noah paused for a second and studied her. He wasn't sure exactly how he felt about it, but he knew one thing: Noah heavily admired her beauty. He looked at the table for a second. "So, are you free tomorrow? I was looking forward to seeing the play in New Rome tomorrow, and since it's a Friday and all, I was wondering if you wanted to go. Just as friends, though, not on a date," Noah spoke quickly, hoping she'd avoid the question "like a date?"

Always watching
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Tessa's eyes lit up at the mention of the play, "ooh, sure!" she responded. It had been forever since she had been to Camp Jupiter. Her schedule usually kept her away and she never felt like going alone. "Although, it depends on how early it is. I have to go cheer at a soccer game at 7:30pm. If you want you can tag along for that too, but I'm not sure how fun it will be." She wasn't going to lie and say the soccer games weren't the most exciting event ever. Their soccer team wasn't the greatest, and usually ended up losing. Her highschool was known for their football team, and their girls soccer. Still, it'd be kinda fun to show Noah what she spent 6 hours a week practicing for.
"Still, I'd love to go to New Rome regardless."

ooc: oop this is shorter

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:56 am

"It's at 10 PM, so you'll be fine, but it usually takes the chariots a half hour or so to get to the Roman camp, and also, we want to give ourselves time to get money and shower and such, and 30ish minutes to get to New Rome, get our tickets, and get in...so, in all, that'd put us in a tough predicament. I'm not sure how long soccer games last, because I'm not even remotely athletic. I don't really want to tag along, no offense. Especially if you'll be cheering, then I'll have no one to talk to. What do you think? I guess we could always go to New Rome another time, but I just really wanted to see that play," Noah explained.

Always watching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finders returners   

Back to top Go down

finders returners
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Mess Hall-
Jump to: