Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

welcome home (closed)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

welcome home (closed) Empty
PostSubject: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 2:01 am

welcome home (closed) Tumblr_inline_o5g5hcPOVN1szaa83_500

Remy wasn't planning on returning. She thought she was done with this place. It had been nine years, nine years and here she was, driving through the secret entrance of caldecott tunnel on her harley. If only it had been better circumstances.
She had been keeping her head down for the past 4 years, due to complicated matters. She had never stayed anywhere too long in case of being found by monsters. She'd stay in a place for a month, and then leave when she started catching wind of any trouble. It was a good system.
Unfortunately it wasn't working lately. At first she would only be able to stay for two weeks before being caught. Then a week. Now she could barely stay a day. She made the mistake of spending 12 hours in some town in the Mojave desert, where some griffin found her. She had managed to kill the thing, but not before it got a good gash in her back. One that wasn't looking too pretty.
Instead of heading to a hospital, she decided not to risk it and went to the place she had already been thinking about going. Camp Jupiter.
She stopped the harley just inside the gates, staring at the little tiber and the camp behind it, and then to the budding city to the left. It hadn't even changed.
"Welcome Home, Remy." She muttered to herself, pulling her helmet off.

Last edited by sienna on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Every day at Camp Jupiter was generally similar, that was how the structure demanded it, and ironically for a son of Mercury, Christian's job was to keep it that way. Today was different though, when the sounds of a motor could be faintly heard. Like usual, he had to know what was going on. He wasted no time rushing to the formal entrance of Camp Jupiter, and spotted a woman. His eyes lit up for the moment.

It wasn't the woman, necessarily, that gave it away. It was the bike. Christian was no know-it-all on the subject, but there was a distinct look that rang in his head from nine years ago, one of his first memories of Camp Jupiter. In truth, even nine year ago, Christian only knew so little about her. Only that she was leaving the camp and going to live life, something Christian could respect deeply, and perhaps, envy. That, and her name.

"You're back." Christian called out, a smile crept up to his face, as the envy converted to happiness. It did leave him wondering why she would return, however. He no longer made it a a point to rush; for all he knew, she likely wouldn't remember who he was, considering he had been very young. "Nine years away. Didn't think I'd see you until the Underworld." Christian rang out, his tone somewhat envious. One thing was for sure, desertion or not, she was getting vouched for today.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Liam Davenport had been driving back to camp. Maybe he was tired, from the assignment that he was coming home... Or maybe he was just going crazy. Or maybe it was the speeding motorcycle passing past his car, on the narrow road that made him almost run off the road. Either way, he wasn't really happy. Who the hell could possibly think that was a good idea?!

When he got to camp, he pulled up behind the bike. He quickly got out of the car, "WH-" Something about the person on the bike stopped him from completing his rant... "Remy?" He asked, confused. He quickly counted off the years he hadn't seen the girl, who was almost like an older sister to him. "Is that you?" Oh well, if it wasn't, this was about to get really awkward.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Remy put her helmet on the seat of the motorcycle, staring at the boy that approached her. He looked familiar, she had obviously seen him before. He seemed to recognize her too, by the way he looked at her. Then a clear image of an 8 year old boy snuck into her head. They weren't even in the same cohort at the time, but she knew who he was. There weren't many 8 year olds in the legion.

"Christian right?" She asked, managing a half smile, "Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm back, not permanently at least."

Then a car pulled up behind her, and she turned. Another face she recognized. She wasn't sure if she liked seeing all these people she used to know right away. Mainly because they usually ask questions, most of which she wouldn't be able to answer truthfully. She was more familiar with Liam Davenport though, back when they were scrawny kids in the legion. They weren't so scrawny anymore though. It was always hard to forget a Davenport.

"It's me. Been a couple years, hasn't it?" Remy started to take off her jacket, which had already started to stick to her skin because of the blood. Oh yeah, she almost forgot why she was here.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:11 pm

"It's been more than a couple of years, you look completely different. How long you planning on staying?" Liam smiled, well smiled as much as he knew how. It was weird seeing her again, almost like seeing a ghost. He decided that would be the only question he would ask her about her return, he knew how she was about that stuff. However that wasn't going to stop him from asking why she was struggling to take her jacket off. "Something wrong with your arm?" He asked her, the almost non-existent smile turned into an almost non-existent frown. Well he had never been the one to show emotion.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

"Well, I guess it has been a while. You look completely different too. I'm not really sure, month or two maybe? Not for too long at least. I don't really like staying in one place for that long." Since Brooklyn, the longest time she had stayed somewhere was about three months. Things usually turned sour by then. Whether it be a monster attack or something else. It was much easier to keep moving. She'd just find a job in some diner or hotel, then leave once she had enough money for gas. She didn't try to get money another way unless she was really desperate. Even then she'd feel bad about it.

Of course Liam noticed. Not that it was too hard to tell, even she couldn't shrug off the pain sometimes.
"Yeah, it's my back. Ran into some trouble in the Mojave desert. Couldn't risk going to a hospital." Remy took the jacket off, revealing a blood soaked tank top beneath it. It had only taken her about a day to reach camp, and she had some some ambrosia saved that healed it a little. Regardless, it was probably best for her to get medical attention.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 pm

There were only few moments before a man came onto the scene, but it wasn't a secret as to who he was. People talked about the Davenports, and their ties to Cohort One made Christian at least somewhat biased. Them, and the Virgos. Granted, he certainly had less history (other than a very dumb prank six years ago) with either of these people than they had with each other. Christian didn't mind being snarky or even petty, but only when it was at least somewhat subjective.

This was not one of those times. Hell, any of his time before his tenth year served wasn't the time. His impulse would be the judge as to if he could.

"Mojave desert? Sounds like breeding grounds for infection. You sure whatever got you isn't poisonous?" Christian asked, he turned his head back. "Hey! We could use a medic over here!"
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Liam recognized the other kid as the 5th cohort centurion, who had also spray painted his dad's car a few years after Remy had left. While Liam himself honestly didn't care about it, his dad had. Liam and his younger siblings had almost found it comical as they watched their dad freak out over his fancy car.

Liam drew his focus back onto his old friend, he carefully looked at the wound on her back without touching it. "I can drive ya down to the infirmary, if you want." He told her, knowing she might just want to go there by herself. "It doesn't look poisoned, maybe infected though... but I can't really tell... not enough light." Liam said, not really to either of them, but not to himself either. He had spent enough time on his father's survival challenges and scenarios that he had become pretty used to taking care of different types of injuries, at least to the minimal extent that is...
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Remy wasn't going to admit it, but the gash did hurt. She was doing everything in her power to not lose control of her handlebars. Still the thought of getting into Liam's car made her apprehensive. She had spent years knowing not to take any offer of a ride up, she knew what could happen. Still, she could trust Liam. She knew she could.

"Someone will have to watch my bike." She said, "or at least drive it down to the infirmary." She usually didn't trust people around her bike either, but she knew there probably wasn't much motorcycle theft in New Rome.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 am

Liam nodded his head to her. "I think Christian knows how to ride a motorcycle, he probably won't mind riding it over to the infirmary for you... or I could call someone..." He said, glancing over at the other guy. Liam didn't think he would mind driving the bike over to the infirmary, but then again, he kind of just signed him on to do something he might not be able to do, and without asking... "Uhhh here..." He said almost awkwardly as he opened the passenger door to his car for her.
Back to top Go down
Karla

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 am

"Wait!" A voice called out from the crowd of curious onlooking Romans. It took a few moments for a small demigod to appear, breaking through the crowd. "I heard the cry for a medic." She explained sounding somewhat breathless. Valerie had been relaxing with a few of her friends nearby, when a mixture of the sounds and a cry for a medical attention brought her rushing over.
Unlike several of the Romans here, she did not recognise the new arrival though such a thing tended to be common for the daughter of the Apollo. Long story.
"Right laddies and lassies who is hurt?" She called out as she neared her comrades standing near a car and motorcycle. Valerie Winters was not the greatest healer in the camp, she happened to be a far better archer and musician than a healer. Though she could heal others, it just tended to leave her either exhausted or unconscious as a result. However, she liked to help and since there was no one else around to assist that left only herself.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm

It seemed like they wouldn't have to go to the infirmary after all. "That would be me." Remy answered, raising her hand a bit. "Fair warning, its pretty big." It was true, the wound went from the center of her left shoulder blade, and traveled to about her mid back. Chances were it was gonna scar, just like all the other monster wounds and the occasional bullet hole. Those were gonna be a bit hard to explain.

"But if I need to take my shirt off for this, maybe we should go somewhere more private. I mean I have no modesty, but I'm sure someone will get upset."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Christian gave a somewhat sinister look towards Liam. Granted, he definitely wouldn't mind the chance to drive that motorcycle, but leave it to a Davenport to volunteer someone out of their jurisdiction and after their service. "Initial checkup is important. If it's a medical emergency, I don't think people are going to tweak out on you." Christian said, though, he was aware there was a code of conduct to upkeep, the health and safety of all members of the legion came first, and by extension, Remy's too.

"Your call on this one. How bad does it hurt and how long are you willing to wait?" Christian asked. He glanced back at the younger medic, slight recognition sparked in his mind, and boy, was it hard to keep track of so many people in such a huge camp. "That was real good timing." He complimented.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Liam ignored the look Christian was giving to him. He wasn't doing anything wrong on purpose, he knew the kid probably knew how to ride a motorcycle, and Remy looked like she was going to fall off it. It made sense to suggest that he drove her to the infirmary while Christian rode the bike over. However, Liam wasn't about to get into a fight over it. Liam knew the kid was biased towards families like his, and wasn't about to purposely feed it. Right now, Liam cared more about getting Remy medical attention, then hurting a Centurions feelings right now. "I don't think anyone will mind if you didn't want to go to the infirmary." He told Remy.

Liam looked over to the girl, who claimed to be a medic. He didn't really recognize her, but he spent so much time at school and training that there were a lot of people he didn't know these days. Besides, it wasn't like he was in charge of a cohort anymore he retired two years ago from that. He gave the girl a quick look-over, not in a weird way but just trying to figure out how good of a healer she might be. "The gash looks pretty infected, from what I can tell... I didn't really look to closely at it though." He informed the medic girl. He stepped to the side, so she could have a look. He stayed close though, since Remy looked like she shouldn't be able to hold herself up.
Back to top Go down
aminj123
aminj123

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 pm

welcome home (closed) Thr2fl12
Yoki's day so far was the most boring day she or anyone else in the world could possibly have. She had been pointlessly walking around camp looking for things to do. That's when her day did a jump start. Christian, who Yoki had seen a few times at the centurion meetings, was talking to one of her cohort-mates, Evelyn, and another girl who she had never seen before. This is unusual, Yoki thought. She knew everyone at camp. She had been here for 5 whole years and is a centurion of the 4th cohort. How can she not know that girl? She walked towards the group. Yoki took off her earrings which transformed into 2 daggers and pointed it at the girl. "In the name of the legion!" she yelled, "Who are you, stranger?"
Back to top Go down
Karla

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Valerie managed to make her way over to the demigod who said that they were hurt. The daughter of Apollo hardly cut an impressive figure, she was small, slim and looked ever so slightly ill at ease being the centre of attention, or rather thinking that she was. Valerie thought she could feel eyes burning into her, as if the onlookers were able to stare right into her souls. She attempted to and failed to push such thoughts aside. Valerie approached Remy, but when she explained the nature of the injury she nodded in understanding. "Yes that is best."

She glanced up at one of the nearby male demigods at his comment about her timing being good. "I try my best." Valerie joked lightly. "Can I?" She inquired as Valerie hands reached out to touch Remy, though her wound would no doubt require cleaning, she could at the very least use some of her power to heal him. In spite the cost to herself... Valerie nodded when the Liam informed her that the wound looked infected. Valerie was unwilling to examine the wound publicly, what with the presence of far too many bystanders for her liking.
The sudden shouting caught Valerie by surprise, however she instinctively moved in front of the wounded demigod, shielding them. Unfortunately the action was instinctive and it took her a moment to realise that the commotion had been caused by a centurion. But Valerie did not step aside, though she hated how she trembled at her very public defiance to an officer.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Christian took it upon himself to step between the medic and Yoki. He typically didn't make a point to talk to other Centurions outside of business; it was a busy job, and he wasn't a fan of some of them. Nonetheless, Yoki was one of his more liked Centurions. She'd gotten her title the same way he had, and had a burning passion for the legion, as far as he could tell. Still, Christian didn't hesitate in being between the two.

Worst case scenario; there was a medic less than feet away, who had been surprisingly stubborn to not back away at this point. Christian wasn't sure what Cohort she belonged to, but for her own sake, hopefully it wasn't the fourth.

"She's one of us." Christian said, raising a hand up to display peace. Yoki, in all fairness, would beat him in a knife fight. He was somewhat stretching the story, after all, Remy had left camp long before her time. "She's also not the kind of lady you want on your bad side." Christian attempted to lighten the scenario. The last thing he wanted was to confrontation with another Centurion.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Liam felt himself move before he even fully realized there was a possibility for trouble. He put himself in front of Remy, and by default, in front of the medic also. He felt for his knife, that he kept in his back pocket though at this rate he didn't think he needed it. He just liked to have it on hand, the girl definitely seemed more capable of beating Christian then the other way around.

Though Liam did have to give this Christian kid some props, he seemed like he might actually have things under control, for the most part. If he hadn't messed around so much as a younger kid, he probably would've become a centurion of a higher cohort. Liam drew his attention back to the new girl. He vaguely recognized the girl with the earing-daggers, but he had never talked to her before, just heard about from his siblings. Besides, Liam was retired, he wasn't able to speak out for this, anyway. He almost had to bite his tongue to keep from saying anything.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Remy let the medic take a look at her shoulder, although only a small part of the wound could be seen through the tank top, she was sure the rest of it looked just as bad. That was when there was another commotion. Another girl, she didn't recognize her, approached them ready to fight. Everyone else shielded her, but Remy wasn't the type to let others advocate for her.

What she was about to do was probably stupid, but that's how she operated. She stepped out from the protection of the others, and approached the girl slowly with her hands up.

"My name is Remy Wojciechowski, former member of the 3rd cohort." Remy showed her inner forearm, where her legion tattoo still existed. There were five lines, for five years served. Above the SPQR, was a trident crossed with a spear. "I am a legacy of Mars and Neptune, I left the legion nine years ago. My parents," Remy paused, unsure if it was wise to bring them up, "Kasia Kowalski and Dawid Wojciechowski were also in the legion under the 2nd and 4th cohort respectively. I am no threat to you."

Remy considered pulling off the fish shaped pocket knife she wore around her neck as a sign of good faith, but since that Centurion girl had two daggers bared at her, she wasn't keen on the idea of being unarmed. She had been in situations unarmed before, and she had the scars to prove it.

"Now, may I enter so I can receive medical attention?"
Back to top Go down
aminj123
aminj123

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm

welcome home (closed) Thr2fl13
Yoki Lowered her knife. If the girl has a roman tattoo, she must be in the legion and not a stranger. She wondered why the strange girl needed medical attention. "Fine, go ahead. Welcome back to the legion, Remy. After you get medical attention, I believe that I should take you to Reyna." She turned to the others, "Someone go get Chastity, the 3rd cohort Junior centurion. Now tell me Remy, why did you run away? And why come back now?"
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Remy sighed, keeping her hands up. "I didn't run away. I left because my father died. I had to go back home to help my mother. I was protecting my family." She didn't mention how she wasn't successful. It was a hard thing to explain, especially to people who weren't in her shoes. It would be wrong to say that life got easier for her after she left the legion.

"As for why I'm back, the world got a little too dangerous for me. Couldn't go a day without running into a monster. Don't know why, but I have no intention of being killed by the same things that killed my father."
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm

Oh, he knew that order wasn't going to him. He had the seniority advantage, in both years served and time on the scene. Of course, he wondered who else she could mean. The retired Centurion or the medic helping the injured? If she wanted Chastity so badly, that was a "her" problem. Though, he did wonder why she wanted such a young Centurion that wasn't even within her own jurisdiction on the scene.

"Yoki, that really isn't necessary. I'm sure Chastity is busy with her duties, we hardly have the time to gather at all, let alone for something as small as this." Christian reasoned. He knew this was a somewhat losing battle on his end, as once this reached the Praetors, it was mostly out of the hands of the Centurions anyway. "We already have a fifth of us here, we don't need more to watch over one person."
Back to top Go down
aminj123
aminj123

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 pm

welcome home (closed) Thr2fl14
Yoki did not expect this to be sad, but rather she had thought that this is a trick. There are hundreds of gods and demigods who dream of sneaking into camp and destroying it. But now, Yoki trusted the girl. Her color-changing contacts became pink out of embarrassment. "I'm so sorry about your father, and don't worry the legion will protect you." She morphed her daggers back into earrings and put them on.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Liam slipped his knife back into his pocket. "How bout we let Remy get the medical attention she needs, instead of talking about it." Liam said, not really trying to take charge but he couldn't help it. He looked to the medic, "Do you think you can heal her here? Or would you rather, take her to the infirmary?" He asked her.

He then turned to the ongoing conversation between the dagger-earring Centurion and Christian. There really wasn't any point to any of what the girl was saying. He cleared his throat, "Yoki...? Whatever your name is... like Christian just said, there's no need for a third centurion to be here... In fact, since there was already a centurion on scene, you don't need to be here either anymore now that you know what's going on an all. So why don't you go inform the rest of the Senate that Remy's back for a while? While Christian here, does exactly what he's been trying to do the entire time. Help an old friend." He suggested, smartly. Sure, maybe he wasn't 1st Cohort Centurion anymore, but hey, he was also the legendary Liam Davenport... There were very few people in camp and New Rome who could compare to his expertise and just straight-forward awesomeness. Needles to say people listened to him, even when they didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
aminj123
aminj123

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 pm

"Sorry, sorry", Yoki replied, and her contacts becoming red out of embarresment. "At first I had no idea whatsoever about who you are or anything. So I panicked a little. Actually, ... maybe I panicked a lot. Don't worry, lets heal her here. Go ahead Valerie, before the wound gets worse."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: welcome home (closed)   welcome home (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

welcome home (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Camp Jupiter :: Caldecott Tunnel-
Jump to: