Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pedersen Home (p)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Belle
Belle

The Pedersen Home (p) Empty
PostSubject: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 6:19 pm

The Pedersen Home (p) Tumblr_o2w2rrsg3U1u57lsfo3_250

Edith had been spending most of the morning helping her mother other with various of the chores. They had to be done or they wouldn't get done at all. Edith usually took on the more heavy duty jobs around the place, as her mother was a bit frail these days. It really depended on the weather. The poor lady had arthritis that just ached her. The daughter of Odin couldn't help but feel bad for her. It was why she could never bring herself to leave the place she had grown up in for more than half of her life.

Sitting in the kitchen the two Pedersen girls were talking and having lunch before they got back to work. The two of them were really close and there wasn't anything Edith could hide from her mother. They were practically best friends at this point. They had just finished making lunch when she could hear Havgard and their other dog Soren bark in the distance. Usually that meant there was a visitor, and these days it meant Gunnar was home. Immediately the brunette got up from her seat and flung the door open and ran down the path. As she turned the corner around the house that lead to where the gate was, she could see him.

"Gunnie!" Edith yelled out as she raced down the path and ended up embracing her brother in a tackle hug.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:16 am

Gunnar came home often, though each time he left, he left slightly longer than the last time. This time in particular he'd been gone for almost six weeks, which was the longest he'd left for. Gunnar never made an effort to hide from the dogs, especially Havgard. Gunnar wished he could bring Havgard with him, after all, having a companion would be nice. It would help him overcome the feeling of being alone, and Havgard would certainly be useful for several purposes. There, however, would just be too many complications. At least for now.

Gunnar didn't even make it to the house before his sister came running to him. His missed his mother and sister dearly, but he felt it was necessary to keep distance for the time being. There were a lot of questions that needed to be answered before he could figure out his next concrete steps. As far as he could tell, there was no place for him and people like him. Not yet.

"Edith." Gunnar replied, a big smile appeared on his face as he embraced his sister, keeping her lifted slightly off the ground. She was light. "There's much I need to tell you about. How's mother? Has everything been okay here?" Gunnar couldn't help but worry about home. With Edith remaining there, a monster could still attack. It was his deepest fear in his travels.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 am

Hearing Gunnar speak was a relieving sound. Almost music to her ears. It was rough because sometimes she didn't know if he'd be making it home. There was always that doubt, especially when he was gone longer than he usually was. She understood he needed to go out there though, she would never hold that against him. She felt him embrace her and he had lifted her off the ground a bit. It wasn't much of a surprise, everyday Gunnar was getting stronger, and, well, Edith was fairly light to begin with.

When the daughter of Odin had her feet firmly planted on the ground a bit she looked up to her brother. "She's no worse and no better than the last time you asked. Although, I do have her doing more simple and easy-going tasks. I try to make it as easy on her as possible. I've also been practicing my fighting skills!" Edith said the last part rather excited.

Edith wasn't a stranger to weapons, she had learned about them and she had been practicing for awhile with them. She just would rather not having to us them if she didn't need to. Although, being a demigod was a huge risk. Especially for their mother. Edith hadn't encountered any monsters at all yet, but she wanted to be prepared.

"What do you have to tell me?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:01 pm

"It's good she's safe. One day I'll be able to care for her in the way she deserves." Gunnar promised. He'd never been able to talk to an ancestor who'd met his mother, the closest he had reached was his mothers great-great grandfather. Controlling the ability was difficult, but Gunnar dearly appreciated the advice from his blood. Gunnar approached the door to their home, and held it open for Edith first.

Gunnar had a conflicting hope that a monster would attack before he left. The way he understood it was that most demigods died under their first attack, and were brought to a safe haven in a sort of bridge between the afterlife and society. Gunnar was a strange case, and he hoped Edith would be too. If a monster attacked while he was here, he'd at least have a chance to help Edith pass the deadly learning curve.

"I've met others like us, whom reside in a special society. It's complicated, but I've learned much from them. From them, our ancestors, and some less-likely friends." Gunnar explained. "I met a Raven in the city of Boston, whom lectured me on others like us. I struck an understanding with him, about spotting monsters. He's still there, but I think I can build something him. A safe place for our kind."
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Edith listened to Gunnar and walked through the front door that he held open for him. "Mom! Gunnar's home!" She said with a bright smile on her face. It was always nice to have the family together again, because Edith could tell their mother missed Gunnar as much as she had.

She turned to look at Gunnar as he spoke about the Raven and others like them. "A special society?" Edith asked, and continued to think about it. She knew there were others out there like her and Gunnar, but they just never ran into anyone like them. It seemed more like a dream that there were others out there, but everything seemed so much smaller and unlikely when you lived outside of a small town.

"How are you going to build a safe place?" She asked. Monsters were out there, but the less populated an area was the better. The easier it was to avoid confrontation with monsters. So finding a place that would be safe or creating one, would be difficult. However, she was willing to hear Gunnar out. He had traveled a bit, and he knew a lot more than she did because of his experiences.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 am

"I won't." Gunnar said, coyly. "We will." He proposed. He didn't like the idea of his sister just waiting for her test to come, to see if she could fight or die. The first one was the hardest, and while it was a rightful means of passage, Gunnar felt it was okay to give his sister training wheels if at all possible. Staying here, she was a sitting duck. Gunnar knew she was an asset to their mother, but he also knew their mother would want what was best for Edith.

There were alternatives for their mother, but for Edith, she would always be a demigod. Staying in one place was a bad idea for a demigod. Gunnar hoped to change that.

"Mother!" Gunnar exclaimed, giving his mother a hug equally as emotional as the one he gave to his sister, but this one was less energetic; he couldn't be lifting his mother off the ground and dropping her, after all. He turned back to Edith, the subject was important. "I believe that I can make a perimeter of Ravens, who can spot danger before it shows up. From there, it's as simple as building."
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Edith heard Gunnar say the words 'we will'. Instantly it sent shivers down her back and she grew a bit excited about the fact. Being able to create something from nothing, and have a chance to live. Have a chance to be who they want to be. Edith couldn't really get into the idea of it. Well, she could, but her train of thought as soon as her eyes hit her mother again. She couldn't leave her. She couldn't just let her stay. In a sense she knew it could be safer for no monsters if she wasn't around, but their mother was still weak and couldn't do a lot of the things that had to get done, done.

"I have to stay and help her though. I owe her that." Edith said quietly as her eyes looked to the floor instead. It was a good idea, but she couldn't leave their mother behind. She always provided for her, but not it was time for Edith to provide for their mother.

"Sounds like an interesting concept. Can others communicate with Ravens too?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 8:32 pm

Gunnar wasn't worried that their mother was with them now. He knew she'd agree with him on this. "Edith, when mother made the hard choice to keep us, she knew what life would be. Saying goodbye to her now means that we can still say 'hello' to her later." He looked to his mother, and the expression on her face said it all. She was always so strong, even in her fragile. She was ready.

"I've only had one other try. I know I can. I have a feeling you can too. It's time, Edith." With one of his arms around his mother, he still reached his other arm forward for his sister to take. He knew she wasn't the same way he was, not the same traditional lifestyle. Kin was kin, and kin wanted what was best for kin. Edith needed to learn, and soon, before it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Edith's eyes shifted back up to look at her brother. There was a solemn look on her face. It was hard. She knew what he was saying was true, but she couldn't help feeling like she owed her mother. She had to help her out because that was who she was. It was hard to just let go and hope that she could do it all on her own. It was hard to let go of home in general.

Part of the daughter of Odin wasn't ready to leave home yet, but part of her was. There's a whole new world out there that she has yet to explore and that she yearns to see, but she's also comfortable.

"Are you sure?" She asked him when he told her it was time. She wasn't sure what the right move was. Edith was stuck and she didn't know what to do. She knew what she wanted to do, but she didn't feel her wants were justified enough.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Gunnar knew he had it in him to convince his sister, but he felt it would be disingenuous. He looked to his mother, who was looking back. They shared a moment, before Gunnar released his loving grip on her. He knew what was going on in her head. Every story she told, every book read, every lesson learned led up to this moment. What her ancestors taught and followed, was now in play once more. He knew she knew it, and she knew he knew it. She approached her daughter.

Her tired arms raised up, each one cupping one side of her daughter's face. "Edith, sweetheart." Her voice softly called in a bittersweet tone. "I love you so much, you and your brother. You gave up so much life to stay here and help me. We've worried for Gunnar so many nights, but in my heart, I knew he was following the path he was meant to. I've held you back from that. Each day I keep you here, you're closer to being found out. You'll lose that fight if you're not ready. Everyday, by letting you stay with me, I let you down." By now, tears were streaming down their mother's face. Even their dogs were solemnly sitting, the mood in the room was dead quiet.

Gunnar knew what he could say to help, but he felt this was a sacred bond between mother and daughter that he didn't quite understand. All he could do was keep a hand on his mother's shoulder to assure her, while he waited for Edith to reply.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Edith hadn't been expecting for the conversation to get very serious in the short amount of time. Before she knew it she felt her mother's comforting hands on her face and was forced to look at her. Edith couldn't help it when her lower lip began to tremble and her eyes began to pool with tears. She was fighting off the tears that were trying to surface up and spill out.

"You didn't hold me back. I chose to stay. I'll never regret my choice to stay. I love you so much, mom." Edith said pausing as the tears began to stream down her face and she was sniffling a little bit. She could feel the heaviness weighing down on her chest as she continued to have the tears run down her face.

"Don't ever think you've let me down. Please. You've given me the best life. I don't want to lose you and I'm afraid that'll happen if I leave." Edith finished speaking and she couldn't help the wave of sadness washing over her as she continued to cry.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 6:04 pm

Gunnar could only watch the moment unfold. He felt he didn't belong here at the moment, it just wasn't his moment to have, it was theirs. Still, Gunnar knew Edith and him didn't have the exact same upbringing, and that their traditional and cultural understandings were different. All Gunnar could do was stay propped up against the wall. He wished there was a way to stop the depression and negative emotions, but to do so would only delay a needed transition.

Their mother began to speak, but something else decided to cut it short as the sound of dogs barking came from the yard. The barks were frantic, like you might hear if a fire broke out and a rescue dog was around. Gunnar shot his mother and Edith a look. He knew what he had to do, as he stepped away from the room.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 12:28 am

Edith was waiting for her mother to say anything. Anything at all. However, just as her mouth opened she was cut off by the dogs. They were barking non-stop. There was obviously a big threat on the property and instantly she looked between her mother and her brother. Gunnar left the room and her eyes moved back to her mother's.

The daughter of Odin was unsure of what to do. She had trained in the yard a bit with different sticks and what not for fighting styles, but she had never fought anything. Edith was praying that what was out there was more of a natural disaster or something, but in her heart she knew it was a more dangerous threat than that.

She couldn't help but wrap her arms around her mother in a long embrace before she pulled away. "I should help Gunnar." Edith spoke firmly and she walked to follow her brother out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pedersen Home (p)   The Pedersen Home (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pedersen Home (p)
Page 1 of 1