Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dot your i's and cross your t's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

dot your i's and cross your t's Empty
PostSubject: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 pm

approximately seven hours later and jaques still has no clue what he's doing, or how he's even going to properly tutor someone. he'd texted chance on his stupid dinosaur of a flip phone, went to his next class, got together the materials he figured he'd need (notes, textbook, whatever) and then went to the cafeteria for an early dinner. at 6:00 he was anxiously pacing his room and just gave up on waiting altogether, and just settled on being stupidly early.

he was already on his second cup of tea, trying to distract himself by reading war and peace while he waited for chance. it didn't work as well as he had hoped. he kept thinking about count bolkonsky tutoring his daughter, princess mary, in math and how he was completely all over the place. 'whichever god is listening,' he thinks, silently praying, 'please don't let me be count bolkonsky right now.'
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 pm

dot your i's and cross your t's Tumblr_inline_nivfj229rE1slk5sm
Chance almost overslept when he realized that he had a tutor to meet up with. Luckily, he was already dressed and ready to go with a simple camp t-shirt he used to have to wear while serving in the Legion and a pair of black gym shorts and slides with his black, knee high Nike socks. The twenty-two year old brushed his hair, grabbed his lucky coin (as if he needed it) and a string back to put his text book, binder, his mechanical pencil, and that was it. Oh, and his wallet, phone and keys.

The son of Fortuna had some trouble finding the library since he never been there before expect on a tour or to meet up with some girl (and the occasional guy) for some..."attention". Anyway, that was another story for another topic.

"Oh, shit, there you are." Chance saw Jaques sitting at a table. "Sorry I'm late. I had taken a nap and almost overslept." He sat down across from Jaques with his legs spread and leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table. "So, let's get goin', then."
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm

he hadn't gotten really stuck in what he was doing as he got used to the silence of the library, and jaques startled a bit when chance came in, finally pulling his attention away from war and peace. the thought of count bolkonsky still lingered in the back of his head, but he did his best to push it down. he can do this. he can.

"hello," he says plainly (awkwardly). "you're fine, i don't mind," he adds on. gods, they couldn't be from more different worlds. jaques spent the entire afternoon freaking out about this, and chance just casually overslept. "are there any specific areas you're having trouble with, or is it just the subject in general?"
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Chance thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. "Nah, not really. See, I get all of the stuff they teach, but I don't really study. That's all." He answered. He looked over Jaques. He wasn't really in the mood for studying.

"But aside from all that, I wanna know more about you. I mean, I feel like I should've known you in our cohort. I guess you had your nose in a book." Chance reached across and picked the book up that Jaques was reading. "War and Peace? The only book like this I read was Pride and Prejudice." He told him, moistening his lips. Chance put the book back down on the table. "You want some coffee? I'll pay."
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 am

this -- well. this was not at all what jaques was expecting. jaques has no clue how to navigate this kind of social situation. he knows how to act in training situations and he knows how to act around teachers and with his parents. but here? he has no clue how he's supposed to act.

"i'm, uh, not really sociable," he says quietly, eyes downcast. "i spent a lot of my time training." he hasn't been able to train nearly as much as he's wanted to, still recovering from his injury. it's mostly healed by now, but every now and then there's a twinge of pain.

"pride and prejudice is good," he says (sue him. jaques enjoys romance, "but i like war and peace more." he casts a glance to his half empty mug of tea, and then says, "i already got myself some tea, but thank you."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 am

"Yeah, I can see that. Even know you seem like the type of person to go out and party. Like I said, I know you rather read books and shit then do anything else. That's cool though. Everyone shouldn't be the same." He looked at him with a cheeky smile on his face.

Chance nodded his head. "To each their own, then." He got up and headed over to the Starbucks that was on their floor. He came back ten minutes later with a grande caramel frap with a paper bag that contained a chocolate chip cookie. He sat down in his seat and smiled, putting the bag on the table.

"We can share a cookie if you want." He told grinned before moistening his lips. "So, tell me more about yourself, Jaques. Like are you a demigod or legacy?" Chance rubbed his hands together and kept his dark eyes on him.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm

this isn't what jaques was expecting. this doesn't seem anything like what tutoring should be like. he's confused, and not entirely certain as to how he's supposed to be acting in this situation. is this even something most people know how to navigate? does everyone else deal with these things by screaming in the back of their heads until the situation is over? gods, this is a disaster.

he spends the ten minutes waiting for chance to get back alternating between staring blankly at the wall and cradling his head in his hands, trying to figure out some sort of game plan. he just needs a moment to figure out how to navigate this situation, some sort of game plan.

by the time chance gets back, jaques' head is still shrouded in a blanket of white noise. he has no clue what he's doing, how he's supposed to interact with someone in this context. he doesn't even know what's happening. is this what flirting is?

"oh. um, thank you," he says, but he's not all that hungry. he's not sure how much of it has to do with the fact that he's already eaten, or his unsteadiness in the situation. "i'm a legacy," he says, his hands clasped together in front of him. "justicia is my grandmother and honos is my great grandfather. what, uh. what about you?"
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 pm

The son of Fortuna and legacy of Bacchus nodded his head. "That's what's up. So you're all about justice and honor, huh? Like some Samurai Jack type of shit." Chance grinned some and reached into the bag and took out the chocolate chip cookie. He broke it in half and took a bite out of it. Gods, he loved Starbucks' cookies.

The longer he looked at Jaques, the longer his smile began to form. "I'mma son of Fortuna and a legacy of Bacchus." He moistened his lips and took another bite out of his half of the cookie. "...Do you remember that time, that daughter of Venus got caught sneaking out of the cohort and was caught by one of our Centurions?" Chance chuckled at the thought. "The next morning we had to wake up an hour early and do two sets of morning drills instead of the one? Gods, everyone hated her for a like a month." Chance rubbed his chin.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:11 pm

jaques shrugs slightly, head tilted downward to hide the soft blush creeping up his cheeks and aimed down at where his hands are curled around his cup of tea. gods, he has no clue what he's doing. "yeah," he says softly. "something like that."

a small smile spreads across his face at the memory, and he chuckles quietly. "she had to do bathroom duty for two weeks to get back in everyone's good graces." jaques had helped, silently, spending just a little bit longer tidying up after himself to help reduce some of the mess. no one said anything, and he just assumed that no one had noticed.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Chance moistened his lips and let his eyes shift around Jaques' mesomorphic form from his long hair up in a man-bun to his thighs. He leaned back a bit to see what the booty looked like, but stopped when Jaques spoke again.

"Gods, I didn't feel sorry for her."
He joked, laughing too. He made sure to keep his voice down so that they wouldn't get kicked out of the library. Chance bit his lip and took a sip of his iced coffee drink. "Y'know, how about I take you out for drinks or somethin'. Catch up on old times?" He grinned charmingly and studied his face further. Especially his lips.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 2:33 pm

jaques flushes at the attention, head still ducked down. he regrets wearing his hair up. normally it helps him hide embarrassment or any other emotion he'd prefer others didn't see, but now he feels like he's all on display. no one's ever looked at him like that before.

it's fairly obvious at this point that chance isn't here to actually study, but jaques is still trying to figure out why. he knows he's attractive, but most people lose interest quickly at his personality. gods, he and chance lived together for ten years and chance barely remembered him. the slight fear of being made into the butt of a joke worms around in the back of his head.

"maybe coffee?" he offers hesitantly, waiting for the moment that chance realizes he's dull and prefers to sit home with a book and isn't that interesting, anyway. "i don't like crowded places that much."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 3:52 pm

OOC: I'm sorry it's short!

BIC: The son of Fortuna thought about it for a second. Coffee had was a good alternative to drinks.  Chance thought that drinks would be more relaxed than coffee, but he'd settle for that. The Roman legionnaire nodded his head. "That works. We can do coffee. Do you like movies?" Chance asked with a raised his eyebrow. "We could go for a coffee, then a movie or a movie, then coffee." He smiled, dipping his tongue from his lips and studied Jaques more.  
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

"um, movie's are fine, yeah," he says, and he doesn't want to admit it but he's still waiting for the trap, for someone to jump out with a camera and tell him the whole thing was a joke. he knows he's been the butt of jokes before.

it feels like genuine interest, though. as far as jaques can tell, chance isn't lying to him about wanting to go out for coffee. but jaques has always been shit at reading social situations and other people's body language. is that just how people look at their friends? jaques hasn't spent any time with around anyone other than his parents for the past week. he's never even kissed a boy before.

"that sounds nice," he says, and his heart is thudding in his chest. did he just get asked out on a date? is he overthinking this? he has no clue what he's doing.

ooc: ur fine!! dw about it <33
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Chance was surprised that Jaques agreed to go out with him for a movie and coffee. He assumed that he would declined and say that he wasn't interested. Huh. Then again, he was a player after all. The son of Fortuna grinned and nodded his head. "Really, aye, that's what's up." Chance chucked a bit.

"...You do know that I asked you on a date, right? Like, I know, I wanna get to know you, but if you straight, then that's okay. We can just hang out." Chance moistened his lips and leaned forward a bit with his elbows resting on his knees. He studied Jaques again, but more sure not to make it creepy. "What about Friday?"
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am

jaques thought he had been handling the situation alright considering his experience with these things (read: none), but he almost chokes on his tea at chances' next sentence. what. what.

"i, um," he says, somewhat at loss for words. no one's ever asked him out before. sure, he's wanted to go on dates, but no one has ever wanted to date him. "i'm not straight," he manages to get out. he doesn't know how to say 'i'd like to go on a date with you.' "friday is fine." his heart thuds in his chest. holy shit.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Chance nodded his head and stood up from the table. He started to pack away the things that he took out to "study" with, but left the other half of the chocolate cookie for Jaques. That was a treat for Jaques and Jaques alone. "That's for you."

"That's what's up. So, where do you want to meet? I was just thinkin' the movies. I'll pay for the tickets and we get the popcorn?"
Chance asked. That's how he usually did it when he dated guys. He didn't want them to feel emasculated. That was a mistake he made once and wouldn't make that mistake again. Friday was just a couple of days from now. That was enough time and in that period of time, the son of Fortuna would be able to see and probably flirt with Jaques especially since they had a class together on that same Friday.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 6:10 pm

he's still convinced this is some sort of joke, that by friday someone will reveal that it was some elaborate prank. and he wants to go with his gut, wants to run with the assumption that his gut instinct has led him wrong and that chance is lying to him, but.

but.

he's never been on a date before. no boy has ever really noticed him, not like this. no one's ever looked at him like that, and for once he wants to feel normal, he wants to feel wanted. besides, if he's expecting it then it shouldn't hurt as much, should it?

"we could meet up outside the theater?" he suggests, trying to sound more confident and less timid, like he's actually gone on a date before. it doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 6:23 pm

"That works, yeah. We'll talk more detail on the phone. There's a party tonight I don't have any plans on missing it." Chance looked him up and down before reaching out and lightly touched his chin and jawline. "I'll see you then, Jaques." With that, Chance got up and headed out of the library. There was a smug look on his face. He looked over his shoulder at Jaques before disappearing behind a bookshelf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dot your i's and cross your t's   dot your i's and cross your t's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dot your i's and cross your t's
Page 1 of 1