Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

phase one, part one

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

phase one, part one Empty
PostSubject: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Biology Class, Thursday, 3:55 pm.
Biology stands at the front of the class, droning on about the endocrine system. Behind him on the wall is a projection of his powerpoint slides, this slide, in particular, showing a diagram of the different glands throughout the body. The rest of the class is arranged at 3 long curved tables that platform up, almost like theater seating. Most people have zoned out by now, although some are still taking notes on their laptops.

"Noelle," Biology starts, glancing at the tall and thin girl sitting in the second row, "name a type of hormone, other than testosterone or estrogen."

Noelle rolls her eyes, tucking a strand of her short brown hair behind her ear. "You didn't even assign this stuff as homework, Biology, how am I supposed to know the material before it's introduced?"

Biology sighs, but before he can respond, the classroom door clicks open. As far as anyone can remember, nobody has interrupted a lecture before. Usually, if there's a matter to be dealt with, Whisper will just message the person who needs to leave and they'll exit quietly. But nobody has ever entered a lecture after it's started before. Not during the last five minutes of class, at least.

A monitor walks in, followed by a boy that no one has ever seen before. She points to an empty chair, before walking to Biology and whispers something. He nods and directs his attention to the boy. "Welcome, Mr. Nolan. Please take your seat. As I was saying, Ms. Bennett, just one hormone will do."

Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 10:36 pm

August wasn't having a good morning, he woke up in a place he had never heard of before, met his horrible roommates, got hazed by the hockey team, missed his supposed orientation, and was now being forced to learn biology. It would have been better if someone just stabbed him in the throat, at least he wouldn't have to learn biology...

He nodded at the teacher, and made his way to the only open seat left, in the back row. Of course he had to do the most cliché thing ever and trip over almost every bag on the ground. He eventually sat down. "Are you settled, Mr. Nolan?" The biology teacher asked him.

"Yeah, I'm good." August answered, awkwardly. He very much wanted to wake up from this dream, or at the very least he could live without the entire class staring at him like he had an extra head.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 12:17 am

as mind-numbing as biology lessons were, ashi was sitting straight up in her seat, watching Biology teach with rapt attention while her hands dashed quickly to type up her notes. she already knew what they were going over -- she'd read ahead in the textbook, ever ready to get the advantage -- but that was no excuse to slack off. no kita would be a failure.

Biology calls on noelle to answer the question, and ashi bites her tongue to keep herself from blurting out the answer herself once noelle makes it clear she doesn't have a clue. 'insulin,' sits at the tip of her tongue, along with 'growth hormone,' and 'oxytocin,' and 'melatonin.' she knows the answer, but she also knows she shouldn't speak out of turn.

her eyes turn to the door a split second before it opens, always knowing, always expecting. she catches the girl to her right jolting up from where she was half asleep as the door opens, hastily wiping the drool from the corner of her mouth. the students at tower prep are nothing if not the pinnacle of society, truly.

she's never seen this boy before, though. he must be new. she wonders for a second, idly, as to how he arrived, what he was doing when he heard the buzzing. but she doesn't have time for mindless gossip like that, and she turns her attention back to the front of the classroom, merely rolling her eyes when the new boy trips while walking to his seat.
Back to top Go down
Tigerli
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 4:13 am

phase one, part one Large

Living in Tower Prep was getting easier by the second. But that's not saying much for a speedster. It took me exactly 3 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes and 34 seconds to get over the shock and start to adapt. Going in a super private state of the art school could be a huge opportunity for a cure. My parents' name on every technological tool that existed was a clear clue that they had something to do with this, fueling my will to discover their deep secrets.

By the 5th day, 16th hour, 27th minute and 51st second, I had sped around the school enough to memorize every single corridor. Then it was the classes. It took me an additional 6 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes and 28 seconds to learn by heart every textbook of every grade and filter any possible needed information for my cure. Which was why, instead of paying attention in the classes, I took to fiddling around with equipment - life never stops progressing and neither did I. I took 3 second breaks to copy everything from the slide show and scan it for any new and useful knowledge - something rare especially in this class since Biology was one of my best subjects as well as an extremely necessary part of my research.

I looked up curiously as the sound of the creaking door reached my ears, tapping my foot restlessly as I examined the newcomer. He didn't seem in too much shock but he was certainly mortified by his awkward stumbling. I stifled a chuckle and instead chose to smirk, sparing him one last glance before turning back to the piece of machinery in my hands. There was no point in bothering any more with the new comer - she'd learn everything about him once the gossip started, new spread like a fatal disease in Tower Prep.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 6:20 pm

phase one, part one D84b607070261f57150637bcedb4f1ba
Okeres was jotting down notes whenever it was necessary. He knew from studying on his own the different organs and glands that made up the endocrine system. It was one of his favorites aside from the lymphatic system. The seventeen year old boy looked up when he heard the door open and saw that it was one of his roommates, August, who just came in. He wondered what his excuse was.

Without saying a word, Okeres turned his attention back to the screen. He could read everybody later. Right now, he had a class to ace.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Biology waits for the ruckus to die down before returning his attention back to Noelle. "Now, Ms. Bennet," He continues, "You already know a great deal of hormones, you just don't think of them as such. Many people take hormone supplements to help their bodies do tasks that they can't do on their own. Many athletes cheat by injecting themselves with a hormone most commonly known as..." He trails off, looking at Noelle expectantly.

"Steroids." She replies.

Biology nods and switches to his next slide, this one listing off the common hormones found in the body.

Meanwhile, there's a breeze that goes by the last row. A piece of paper now sits by the new kid's elbow, folded in half twice. On the middle of the page, written in neat cursive is one sentence, "I'm scared too." Nobody else in the room has noticed the strange appearance of this paper.

"Thank you, Ms. Bennett. Although, perhaps next time answers could be given without attitude." That's when the tone sounds. Within seconds the entire class is picking up their things, ready to be done with school for the day.

"Now, wait, everyone." Biology calls, blocking the door before anyone can leave, "For homework, I want everyone to choose a hormone and write a one page double spaced essay on where the hormone is stored and what its purpose is. Either print it out and turn it into me by the start of next class or email it to me by midnight tonight." Biology steps out of the way so that his students can exit.

Last edited by sarenrae on Sun May 14, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 9:02 pm

phase one, part one Tenor
August sat with his head in his hand, and rested his elbow on the long table in front of him. He tried to pay attention, but how could he when one, he hadn't thought to bring any school supplies with him, and two, he had no idea what the hell was going on anyway.

He was so focused on attempting to seem like he was paying attention, that he didn't notice that a piece of folded paper had found its way next to his arm. He only noticed the note as the bell sounded, ending class. He stood up, and had just turned to join the crowd of students attempting to leave when he saw it. He picked it up, eyeing it with confusion as he read the words, and glanced around the room attempting to figure out who could've passed him it.

"Mr. Nolan, did you hear what I just said, or are you too busy passing notes?" The teacher's voice penetrated August's thoughts, and he looked up to the man.

"Yeah. One page, double spaced essay, about hormone of choice?" August answered in his thick Irish accent.

"Fine. Class dismissed." Biology said, as he stepped out of the way of the door. August quickly shoved the note into his pocket and left the classroom, hoping he could find his way back to his room without too much trouble. This place was huge, and weird, mostly weird. He wanted out.

Last edited by Frankie on Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm

the bell rings, and ashi shouldn't jump at the sound considering she knew it was coming, but she does, anyway. the day had somehow both sped by while inching along at a slow crawl, and ashi couldn't stand it. she just wanted this stupid day to be over with already.

she quickly packed up her things, closing down her laptop and putting it away in her backpack before standing up and swiftly pulling the straps over her shoulder. god, one page, double spaced. that's nothing. she rolls her eyes subtly and doesn't bother asking 'is it okay if we go over one page?' no one likes a show off, do they? she'll just go for a page and a half, anyway.

briskly, ashi makes her way out of the classroom, pausing for just a second to spit out an obviously rehearsed but not quite monotone, "thank you, Biology," before exiting the classroom. don't be a show off, ashi. always be polite, ashi. be perfect, ashi. it's exhausting.

rather than going right off to her room, she pauses outside of the classroom to wait for okeres and liz - not so close to the door that it's suspicious or too noticeable, but not far away enough that they wouldn't see her. when they all are finally together, ashi poses a simple question. "tonight?" she's careful not to speak too loudly, and the general hubbub of the end of the school day definitely helps to keep the conversation from being overheard.
Back to top Go down
Tigerli
Tigerli

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:38 am

phase one, part one Tumblr_nmuyp9cpQJ1t9m3reo2_500

13 minutes and 48 seconds may not have been too much time for the rest of the class but it had seemed like a tiny eternity to me. I was the first one - as always - out of my seat and out the door, not even sparing a glance at Biology as he packed his things in a too slow motion; attempting to portray a calm and collected personality while we all knew he cried himself to sleep. I rolled my eyes as I passed by him and sped outside the large but crowded room, leaning against the nearest wall. My eyes skipped from one leaving student to the other, my mind racing as usual in wonder to their thoughts as I waited for my friends.

Exactly 1 minute and 28 seconds later, Ashi exited the classroom and went to stand near the wall to the hallway - our meeting spot after class since the start of this year and this whole crazy plan. I chuckled to myself as her own eyes filtered through the crowd trying to catch me and Oki - it rarely happened anymore as she was getting used to my super speed but it was amusing to watch when she forgot once in a while. I skipped through the chatting teenagers and came to rest on the wall facing my friend as Okeres approached, eyes gleaming with excitement at the mention of our plans. "Tonight it is, guys. No matter what. It's gotta be tonight."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 7:03 pm

phase one, part one D84b607070261f57150637bcedb4f1ba
A single page, double spaced paper on a gland? Pfft, that was something he could do in his sleep. Well, not literally of course, but you understand what I mean. Even though he was more so concentrated on natural world, he was still pretty good at things pertaining to the human body.

Okeres left the classroom only to be pulled to the side by Ashi. He looked from her face to Liz's. "Tonight. We have to stick to the plan." His deep voice folded his arms over his chest and turned to look at Ashi.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 2:41 pm

The East Forest, Thursday, 9:02 pm.
Late afternoon turns into night as the final curfew bell sounds on the main block. Both Ray Snyder and Noelle Bennett return to their rooms to find that neither of their roommates made it back. Neither of them alerts the monitors, instead choosing to assume that their roommates are either making a run for it, or just running a little late.

Meanwhile, the East Forest is cold at night. Usually, on a night like this, waves can be heard crashing against the nearby bluffs. Instead, only crickets fill the air, with the occasional strange noise made from an unknown animal. The sky is clear, and stars can be seen through the branches of the tall trees that live in this forest. Its the perfect night to escape.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 10:47 pm

After having found his way back to his room, August spent a lot of time staring at the wall, then the ceiling, and then at the laptop the school had given him. This place freaked him out, none of his questions had been answered while he was sitting in headmaster's office, and nobody seemed to want to answer them now. All of this was very fishy to him, and just making his need to leave even greater.

After what seemed like hours, August pushed himself away from his desk and looked out the window. To most, it would look pitch black out with the occasional light from lamp posts along different pathways. However, as far as August was concerned the world outside was always visible, regardless of what time of day or night it was. He could just make out a red line in the distance, that he could only assume was the school border. It seemed close enough.

August tapped his fingers against the edge of his desk, his eyes still trained on outside the window. He took a deep breath, and made up his mind. Yeah, he was leaving, tonight. He quickly stood up, and gathered his things into his backpack, and pulled a sweatshirt over his head. August vaguely wondered if either of his roommates would tell on him, if he missed curfew, but he didn't really care as he made his way out of his room and down the halls that would lead to the outside. It was almost too easy, he figured it was only easy because there were still twenty minutes until curfew, but still he felt like walking out the door and into the woods that were only a couple hundred feet away from him should have been harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: phase one, part one   phase one, part one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

phase one, part one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Out of Character (OOC) :: AU RPing :: Tower Preparatory School-
Jump to: