Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pompeiian Politics

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o3dfm42m5S1tjrg95_500

Rowan took a seat in the back next to Jerome. Rowan smiled at him, "Hopefully, nobody gets car sick." she joked, secretly hoping that nobody did get carsick. Then they were off. The bay area quickly turned into desert as the day passed on. Christian was driving faster than what seemed safe, but they had places to be. Thankfully their fast driving didn't lead to a police chase. One state turned into another, with the occasional stop to switch up drivers and stretch their legs, then it was back on the road.

Night fell, and the driving didn't stop. Jerome and Corinne had the front seat after dinner, while Christian and Rowan crashed in the back. By the time one am came around, they switched up again, this time with Rowan in the drivers seat. It was somewhat quiet when Rowan drove, as everyone else had fallen asleep by then. Part of her wished that she had been blessed with night vision, although there wouldn't be much to see except farmland and short hills.

They had made it to Colorado by the time 4 am had rolled around. The sun was peaking up on her left as she drove south towards Denver. There were hardly any cars on the road and the classical music someone had turned on the radio was playing faintly. In the back she could see the windows steaming up, although she wasn't really sure why.

"Hey," She said softly to Christian, "You awake?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Christian had made it a point to bring Corinne's attention to everything that was ever relatively modern or unique, especially landmarks. Along the way, the group talked about drills, routines, the quest, and some of the less popular Centurions among the people in the car. Christian felt somewhat at home, though he supposed that was natural; two out of three people were in his Cohort. Still, Christian didn't get ahead of himself. He had a lot going on, and his mind was not fully clear.

When Rowan and Christian had their turn to sleep, Christian didn't get a lick of sleep. He let his head lean against the window, but he only nodded for a few minutes. He wanted the rest; he would need it later, especially with how early he'd woken up to be ready for offering to the gods before drill.

He sat in the passenger seat with Rowan taking the wheel now. It was bittersweet to have her, out of all three of them, as his shift partner. He could still feel the weight on his shoulders, that he hadn't told her the truth yet. "I think so." Christian replied, sheepishly. He was going to ask her what was up, but those weren't the next words to come out of his mouth. Whether he was overtired or just feeling truthful, he couldn't tell.

"I never liked any of the Davenports or Virgos." Christian stated, as though it was an option on a test. "You proved to me just how wrong I was to think of you that way. Maybe Helmer a little too, but mostly you. I'm happy, honored, and relieved that you chose to come with us, Rowan Davenport." Christian said, his eyes still hadn't opened, however, up until now. "I know what you're going to say, and no, I didn't learn that from Carter's instruction manual."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 12:41 am

"Wow." Rowan commented when he finished his confession. "Are you always this brutally honest when you're tired?" She wasn't sure how she felt about his confession. Sure, she understood why people hated them. She wasn't the biggest fan of the Virgos either. Well, specific Virgos, really. But to known that at one point he just didn't like her, kinda sat weirdly with her.

"Um," She decided to change the subject, "since you're awake. You were going to tell me something earlier, before my sister walked in. It seemed important so I didn't want to bring it up when the others were around." She glanced back to the back seat, where Corinne and Jerome were still asleep. Whatever he was going to tell her had been eating away at her, and she found herself wondering what he was going to tell her every five minutes. Maybe now they could actually finish that conversation.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 10:08 am

"Nope." Christian replied about if he was this brutally honest. Rowan didn't know the half of it. Hell, no one actually knew the half of it. Christian didn't have a lot of secrets, but the ones he had, he kept sealed tight.

Christian had managed to sneak some painkillers in an old gas station bathroom when they'd stopped. That was hours ago, but he wasn't on edge yet. He felt his chest drop a mile when Rowan brought up what had happened the morning before. He knew it was coming, and he didn't have it in him to lie through this one. If he did, he knew that when the truth did come out, that would be endgame for him, in every aspect.

He looked back to the seats behind them, towards Corinne and Jerome. It was actually a somewhat heart-warming sight, even if just for a moment, to see Jerome's head on Corinne's shoulder. He really hoped neither of them were secretly awake. "Yeah." Christian adjusted himself now, so he wasn't slumped against the window, and sat straight. But he kept his eyes dead-center on the road, even though Rowan was driving. "It's uh, really important, actually."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Rowan looked over at Christian, giving him a concerned look. She could somewhat see his face in the dim light of the early morning. She looked back at the road, which stretched straight ahead for miles till it disappeared beyond the horizon. The road was lined with tall grass, sloping into hills in the distance. The sky was painted a soft purple along the horizon, as the sun continued to rise.

"What's up?" She asked, giving him another glance. There was a part of her that noticed he had been a bit different since she had been shot. She just figured it was because he had accidentally missed Angelica with his spear. It wasn't actually his fault, the best warriors miss sometimes. The whole situation had caught them all off guard. It was nobody's fault.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Christian took a deep breath. Certainty and stability were not words he would use to describe how he felt. Still, he owed Rowan answers, and it wasn't like he could just walk away right now. With a shaky spirit and fearful words, he continued.

"When I was a kid- a really little kid, I went on my way to find Camp Jupiter. On the way there, there was a monster. I was so small, I couldn't outrun him and I couldn't beat him. I ended up crawling through some really tiny makeshift tunnel to get away." Christian's voice reeked of shame and disappointment. "By the time I got away, it was dark. The middle of the night, and I had nowhere to go but to keep heading for California." Christian had never told another soul of the addiction. Those who had found out by other means, they didn't know the origin.

"I was bloody, scared, in more pain than I ever knew, and I thought for sure I was going to die." Christian paused. "This, this is relevant, I promise, it's not just some stupid sob story." Christian confirmed. "My mother, she- she used to tell me that if I was in pain, she could give me medicine to make me feel better. I didn't understand at the time, so when I ran away-" Christian was cut off by the sound of a loud thump against his side of the car, causing a slight swerve. Again, fate had given him a sign that confession was not the answer.

Christian peered up, through his window, it was an evil looking boar, running a hell of a lot faster than its legs should have let it. "Boars! Really fast boars!" He yelled, hoping to snap Jerome and Corrine out of it, if the initial thump hadn't already.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:19 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n2t1grUcC81sc3ygs
While Christian and Rowan were having their intimate conversation, Jerome was fast asleep on Corinne's shoulder, causing fog from the two of them to collect on the nearby window. Although peaceful on the outside, Jerome was starting to have a nightmare.

Inside of his dream, Jerome was sitting in meadow of hyacinth wearing a white toga with a golden laurel crown on his head. He was picking the beautiful flowers, smelling them. That all stopped when the ground started to quake and the sky burned red with fire. The hyacinth started to brown and die around him as the poor demigod was pulled underneath the earth. Screaming, the son of Apollo's eyes grew wide as he freefell into the mouth of a very large snake, but before he could be devoured, he woke up at the sound of Christian's voice.

"Ah!" Jerome quickly sat up and looked around the hatchback. The first thing he noticed was the Sun was no longer in the Western Hemisphere. The second thing he noticed was a pair of tusks that piereced through the glass, sending the hatchback flipping over three times and off the road and unto it's back.

Completely dazed, the son of Apollo struggled to kick open the window, thankful that the tusk took out most of the glass. Jerome scrambled out of the ruins of the truck and toward the back where all of their things were slung about. "Where's my bow?!" Jerome searched frantically for it, looking around in the darkness until he found his golden bow that was illuminated by the Moon. He doubted Diana had anything to do with it considering she hated males and wanted nothing to do with them.

Afer picking up his bow, Jerome found his quiver with only five arrows still in it. "Shit, shit!" In one swift movement, he notched an arrow and aimed.

"Rejoice, blessed Leto, for you bare glorious children, [15] the lord Apollo and Diana who delights in arrows!"
Jerome shouted in Latin, hoping to invoke his aunt for assistance. The tip of the arrowhead glowed a faint gold before returning back to normal. "Please, Aunt D, do me a solid." He whispered before letting the arrow fly. The arrowhead whizzed through the air and hit one of the boars right in the eye, causing it to burst into golden dust. While notching another arrow, he turned to look at his quest mates. "Christian! Corrine and Rowan!" He called, hoping for a response back, not knowing that he had a shard of glass stuck in his right scapula .

Last edited by Green on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 A4c167690ace91afdb9361a374cd354d

Corinne was running around weaving in and out of the workers. She was a little kid again. Her hair tied in pigtails that danced in the wind. She was giggling and climbed onto the train car. She stumbled into it and saw all the grownups at the table with papers and maps everywhere.

"Rinne, what are you going in here? Isn't miss Hua watching you?" Asked her father looking up fIt's rom the papers he was holding.

"Sorry father." She said as she slowly began to have shame cover her face. "We were playing a game."

"You know it's dangerous around her, get miss Hua to take you down to the lake this afternoon. It's not safe here, especially not this afternoon." Her father mentioned to her.

"Yes father."

---

"Rinne!" Corinne could hear shouting from where she was hiding. Her hands cupped over her ears as she hid behind a boulder. The tears couldn't help but trickle down her face. The loud noise had caught her off guard and she was scared.

She had run away from the work scene and was off crying. It was only a few minutes more until she felt the warm embrace of her father. He stroked her back trying to soothe her.

"It's okay, Corinne, shh." He said softly.

Before her dreams could continue she was jolted awake as the car had swerved and from there the hatchback started to flip three times until it landed on its back. The glass shattered out of the back window. Rinne was in shock. She had never been in an accident like this before. Cars didn't really go that fast when she grew up.

However, this made her feel the same way she did when she heard explosives for the first time. She wanted to cry, but knew now wasn't the time for it. Rinne groaned and undid her seat belt and crawled out the back.

The first thing she noticed was the glint that came off the piece of glass stuck in Jerome's shoulder. She wasn't sure if she should take it out or leave it for now. She did know she needed to equip herself with a weapon and fast. This meant she had to conjure up an ice weapon for the time being while she bought time to find her pilum or pugio.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_o82exd5yG31s9qy1zo3_250

Rowan didn't even get a chance to fully absorb what Christian was saying before she was knocked off the road. Suddenly, the world felt a whole like it did the day she got shot. As the car rolled, her side window shattered as it impacted with the ground, spraying broken glass everywhere. Her head was knocked about, and when they stopped upside down, she could feel the slow trickle of blood coming from her hairline.

Rowan could only groan, before realizing the threat was still there. She struggled to unlock her seatbelt, finally getting free and crawling out of the broken window. Her arms and legs scraped against the glass, before she was finally free of the stupid tin can.

Their things were scattered across the road, Rowan could see her bag of arrows and her compound bow. She glanced at the boars before running to get them. The bag was easy enough to find and sling over her shoulder, although the weight of it screwed with her balance a bit. The bow had been thrown farther, but she kept going. She was aware of the fact that two of them had already made her, but she wasn't going to be able to do anything without that bow.

Rowan sprinted as fast as she could, reaching down to grab the bow and sprinting back to the car. The boars were on her heels now, but she didn't stop, after she saw what they did to the car, she had a feeling that she would not make it if she stood there and went for them.

As soon as she got back to the car, she threw her bag onto the top (well, bottom) and climbed up. She pulled a handful of arrows out, and silently cursed she hadn't practiced quiver-less archery recently.

"Jerome!" She yelled as she sent two arrows flying into the eyes of one of the boars that had pursued her, "I have arrows!"

Last edited by sienna on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 12:11 am

The crash was a blur to Christian by the time he was moving again. He should have buckled up, but he made the call that it would be okay either way. All he could hear was intense ringing in both of his ears. Not good, that could mean a concussion, and Christian didn't have the time to go to a hospital. Right now he hardly had time to evaluate himself. Survival training, examine each arm and leg before moving- screw it, Christian didn't have the time. He moved a hand up to his forehead, he didn't feel any pain, but he did feel an absured amount of warm and thick liquid pour onto his hand. He hoped the gash wasn't too low; he didn't want to look disgusting after this.

The pain wasn't present at the moment; adrenaline had kicked in. But he knew after this fight, that with a wound that size, he'd be in intense pain. Christian fumbled the small bag of painkillers from his pocket and swallowed all but two; that would help out later.

All of his full sized pilums were in his weapons bag, along with the rest of his weapons. All he had on him was his pugio, which he never even trained with. It was just a ceremonial thing for being an officer. His head glanced up, and finally got some good focus. The ringing halted slightly, and he noticed that his personal bag wasn't far. He manged to grab it, after a stumbling walk towards it. He fell to a knee, while he grabbed the bag and fished out one of his three mini-pilums.

He heard yelling, but it was feint, he couldn't even begin to imagine what direction it came from. He looked ahead and saw two of them charging towards him. In a moment of panic, Christian whipped his pilum, hitting the one in front, and it turned to dust. He reached his hand in his bag, hastily attempting to fetch his next pilum.

Suddenly, a boar pounced on him, and the noise he heard didn't sound like good news for his body. His bag flew from his hand, off of the nearby elevated road.

His Vicodin was in that bag.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 am

Jerome turned his head, hearing Rowan's voice. He didn't know why the affects of the car rolling over hadn't hit him yet, but wasn't going to ask any questions right now. The son of Apollo started to run to Rowan, but stopped when he heard a crunching sound. His head turned to see a boar run over one of his Centurions.

"Christian! Get your Piggy Wiggly ass off of my Centurion, Porky!" He shouted before letting the arrow that was already notched fly. The target was hit in the back of the neck, causing it to burst into gold dust. After that was taken care of, Jerome ran over to Rowan and start firing arrows. The first few times, Jerome missed which he never did. What was up with him? He'd started out so well. "Rowan, I'm not good at archery at night. You're going to need to take these." Jerome took a silver tipped arrow out of his quiver and handed to her. "This one opens up a net and traps the darn oinkers. It's inspired by Lady Diana"
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Everything was happening so fast. Everyone else was running around doing what they needed to and even killed a couple of the boars. One of the bigger ones was charging at Rinne and she managed throw her ice knife it, hitting it in the eye. As it squealed in agony that was when she caught glimpse of her bag thrown over to the left. She could reach it, but she didn't know if she'd have time to put her pilum out.

The daughter of Chione began to sprint towards her bag, it was going to only be a couple more seconds until she reached it, but the boar was on her ass. Rinne quickly manage to conjure up enough power to shoot up an ice wall in front of the boar.

Three, two - Corrine was that close when a second boar came up and shot her bag farther back. "Son of a b*tch." She shouted, before she conjured up more energy to drop a hard ice cylinder on the one boar squishing it as she sprinted down the road. She made it to her bag and quickly fumbled with the zipper to get it undone. She found her pilum and just as she turned the boar was right there, and she ended up falling onto her butt. After angling it right she threw her pilum into the boar's throat and it erupted into gold dust around her.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_o82exd5yG31s9qy1zo3_250

Rowan took the arrow from Jerome, nodding. She loaded and focused on a small group of three of the boars, all clustered close together. Now all she had to do was not miss. She breathed, and released. The arrow whizzed through the air, opening into a net as it soared. It got two of the three boars, tying them to the ground.

"Damn," Rowan said, as she pulled some arrows out of her bag, "You're going to have to teach me how to make those." Rowan shot a couple more arrows, killing the two that were caught under the net. The third, however, was much larger. It came running at them, and Rowan had a feeling if he impacted the car, they wouldn't be standing. In a short bit of panic, Rowan fired more arrows than necessary at the boar, until it fell and scraped across the concrete looking like a porcupine, before dissolving into dust.

Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm

From what little light Christian's wobbly vision could process, he saw a lot of it reflecting off of little particles in the air. That was a good sign, golden dust was good, it meant dead boars, and the only good boars in this case were dead ones. The one that had landed on him was hit with something fast. Christian couldn't tell what, but he assumed it was a pilum or an arrow. Or someone else came to his aid.

The ringing in his ears hadn't stopped. The voices he could hear were distant, as though people from miles away were shouting to him. He struggled, people might need him and he had to be there for them. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he knew he'd let something happen to his teammates. He managed to get one knee up. It wobbled while he used it to support the rest of his weight. He was standing, though it felt like all of his limbs were asleep; they were simply numb. The blood pouring from his head now further wounded his vision in one eye.

His head glanced to the left, where a lone boar charged him. He tried to run to the left, but his legs betrayed him and instead of diving, he more or less simply fell over. His body missed the blunt of the attack, but his legs caught the side, and he flew a few feet again, close to the edge of the elevation. Where his bag flew over. He'd do anything for those painkillers back.

He struggled to his feet again, this time with much more urgency. He couldn't hear clearly still, but a blood-churning squeal came loud and clear from ahead of him. He wasn't sure who was where, or what was going to happen. With a shaky hand, he snatched the pugio from its sheath. He hated rodeos.

Still, it was about the only chance he had. Christian stood in position, he didn't pray to any gods, he simply just waited. His legs would either work, and he would live, or they would fail, and at least he would fall to where his painkillers were.

At the last second of the charge, Christian dived to the side, he threw the pugio at it, a weapon certainly not designed with the intent of throwing. Thankfully, it seemed lady Diana decided to let him see another moon, when the pugio pierced the boar. It fell down the elevation, and light remains of golden dust floated up, before blowing away in the wind.

"Is everyone okay?" Christian yelled, after moments of standing on shaky feet. He could only hear muffles of his own voice. They might need ambrosia, but what little he brought wasn't in reach. He could hardly see in any direction, but he felt a pull to the edge. He wasn't going to make it a long time without more painkillers, and even so, he popped his last two right then and there. Slowly, the world was becoming slightly more clear.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Jerome was more than happy that the battle was over. Lady Diana had protected them enough to see another bright and sunny day. The Jamaican looked around to see the wreckage that had smeared across the road and the sides of it. His eye first fell on Corrine. The Snow Queen was okay. Check. Then he looked to Rowan. Warrior Princess was intact. Check. Then his warm brown eyes fell on Christian. He was a few meters away, but he could somehow tell that he was injured. Maybe it was for the fact that he was an Apollo kid or maybe it was the dull light from the moon reflecting off of something shiny and wet on Christian's face.

He immediately jumped down from the trunk and rushed toward Christian. The good thing about being an archer was the fact that you stayed stationary for the majority of the time. Thus, giving him more energy for after the fight. He ran toward Christian and the closer he came to Christian, the more he saw the wound.

"Gods, Christian...I-I can help you. I have a hymn i-in the car. I can hea--ah!" As Jerome was speaking, he was putting his arrow across his across, digging the shard of glass deeper into his flesh. "Ah! What's in my back?!" Jerome quickly took off the bow, tossing it to the ground. He quickly reached back and ran his fingertips until he came across something hard and slippery. Jerome's eyes grew wide. "It's glass! I'm bleeding! You're bleeding! We're both bleeding!" He shouted frantically.
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 pm

The daughter of Chione zipped up her bag, unfortunately this bag was the one that only had her weapons in it. She'd have to find her backpack that had her clothes and other possessions in it. Rinne stood up and walked over to where the one boar was trapped under her ice cylinder and was squealing. She brought her pilum smashing down on the boar's skull and it dissipated to golden dust. Looking around she could see the slight number she did with her powers on the road. She began to manipulate the ice she had created and decreased them into side, eventually they'd probably melt.

She scanned the area, but soon heard Jerome, and jogged over. Upon going over she realized she forgot to tell him. "Shit" She said. "Hold on, let me help. I'm going to have to rip your shirt a bit." Which Rinne did a little bit and iced up her hand and touched it around where the blade was, at least hoping to numb the skin enough to make it less painful. After a few minutes she carefully grabbed the piece of glass and pulled it out.

She quickly slipped off her hoodie and ripped the sleeve off so she had something to put pressure against Jerome's wound. "It's not the greatest, but it'll have to do for now."

Her eyes then shifted to look over at Christian. He didn't look so well either, but she figured, she'd leave that to Jerome. Rinne had limited experience in medical stuff.
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_nmxhn84sqY1u4cfmfo2_250

Once all the boars were gone, rowan hopped off the car. There were still arrows scattered about, but she could deal with those later. The car was definitely totaled. The trunk door was open, and their things were splayed across the roadway. Rowan searched through the things, looking for her other bag. Thankfully, she had remembered to pack a first aid kit.

Since Corinne seemed to have things handled with Jerome, Rowan went to kneel by Christian. She pulled out some gauze and began cleaning up the blood that was all over his face.

"This is why you wear your seatbelt." She chided
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm

"It's just a scratch, you did good! You kicked ass!" Christian said to Jerome, though, it was more like he was yelling. Christian hadn't quite understood what he had said, something about him bleeding. The legacy wasn't aware how heavy his voice was; everything was still being drowned out by ringing. A concussion would be a bad working hazard, but oddly enough, Christian felt pretty good for the moment.

"No! I wasn't wearing my seatbelt!" Christian yelled to Rowan, who he was pretty sure just asked if he was wearing his seatbelt. He tilted his head back towards the cliff-side, the biggest thing on his mind wasn't the car. He'd at least had insurance for that. He'd packed enough Vicodin to last for weeks, and now he didn't have any left. If he ended up in detox, that would be a big problem.

His head focused back to Rowan, so she could finish what she was doing. Little by little, the world was coming back into view. The ringing was once again fading down, and with it, the odd happy feeling that was filling Christian up. He reached a hand up to Rowan's forehead, pushing some blood away from trickling down further. "Thank you, but, it's just a scratch. Save some for yours." Christian said, his voice had died down to an almost normal tone for the situation.

He turned to Corinne and Jerome. "I don't know what one of you three saved my ass, but, thank you. We should get our things and keep moving. Nothing for us here."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Well, at least the glass was out of his shoulder and he was all wrapped up. The pain from having it pulled out caused him to give a soft whimper, but that was it. At least the chances of him getting an infection was lessoned.

After he was taken care off, he studied Christian's face. "Oh, I saved you. I killed that oinker for you. But, look, Christian. let me at least keep the wound from bleeding and getting infected. I'll be right back." Jerome quickly walked to the ruins of the car and got down on his hands and knees to look inside. The papers were thrown all over the hatchback, so it took him sometime to gather them all.

He came back to his quest mates and sighed, shifting through the hymns until he came to the healing one. Jerome cleared his throat and hovered his hand over Christian's head wound and took in a deep breath.

"Quietly listen, dear friends, to the song I sing, for it honors the
great Lord of Delphi, kindly master of men. Let my harp-strings carry
you to high Olympos, where the lovely God lies upon a fragrant couch,
unbraiding his long, long hair. He combs it out, golden tresses that
fall like rays of the radiant sun, and the Muses lay at his feet,
gazing with adoration upon him. Apollo pauses, smiles softly, then
says in a voice as sweet as the lyre, "Hymn me a song, O beautiful
maidens, for Olympos should ring with the sound of joyful song and
light feet in sporting dances."

As he was singing the hymn, his eyes glowed gold and so did his hand. Jerome rarely healed since it wasn't his thing, but now he saw how critical it was to study vitakinesis. He healed Christian enough for the bleeding to stop and the wound to close up half way. Jerome had to stop because he himself felt light headed. "I-I think that's enough for now. I'll have to wait till...sunup." The son of Apollo really needed a long nap. Jerome put his bow down and placed his hands on his knees. "Shit..."
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:07 pm

As Jerome shifted to start to help Christian, Rinne began to walk around the road trying to find all of their stuff that had been scattered. She picked up some stuff and brought it back over to the group. She still hadn't found her backpack yet. She was growing nervous about it, because she had her dad's pocket watch in there and if anything happened to it, she didn't know what she'd do.

The daughter of Chione kept bringing some stuff back, even some of the arrows she had found on the road while searching for other things. She came back unable to find her backpack and looked around at the group. The three of them were banged up a little bad, but she knew they still had a lot of fight left in them. Rinne was a little sore from the crash, but she was left unscathed.

"So, I suppose we need a new car." She she said looking back to the one flipped over. "We might be able to get some useful things out of it before we leave it." Rinne said thinking out loud as she walked over to it. As she did she spotted her bag in front of the vehicle and went over to retrieve it.

She dug in her bag to to find her bottle of water. Her hand found it as she reached the group again and she handed it to Jerome. "Drink some water. You're likely dehydrated." The demigod said giving him a small smile and looked over to the rest of the group. "When we find a car again, I can drive and whichever one of you feels more lively can take watch with me."
Back to top Go down
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:27 pm

Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Tumblr_nmxhn84sqY1u4cfmfo2_250

"Okay." Rowan winced when Christian basically shouted in her ear. Nevertheless she still finished bandaging him up enough for Jerome to step in. Rowan wiped some of the blood on her forehead away. "I'll be fine." She assured him, "it looks worse than it is."

Afterwards Rowan helped Corinne pick up the things that were littered about. She had managed to find most of her arrows. She had also peeked in the car, and grabbed the leadership book that was thankfully unharmed. Rowan slung her bag of arrows over her shoulder and looked at the horizon.

"So. How far away do you guys think is the next parking lot?"
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

The world started to come back slowly, when Jerome approached him once more. His vision became whole, his hearing became viable, and he felt very sore. Not to be confused with pain; he only felt guilt that Jerome had wasted his magic on him, and not the others, who were probably feeling the pain real bad right about now. He listened in to the others, and let his thoughts and feelings stew on one another.

"Just don't go dying on me." Christian said to Rowan, but his tone wasn't the usual playful nature it was around her. His words were said with concern. Looking at her, it was like she was shot all over again. He didn't like the wounds he saw on the others. Corinne didn't look hurt much, but even still, he didn't like it. Internal wounds were more deadly than external.

Christian got to his feet, there was no use in moping over trivial things that wouldn't change the big picture. He scooped his dufflebag over his shoulder, and let the straps keep it up. He looped his arm under Jerome's to give him some support. "Hey, you didn't have to do that. But, thank you. You make the Fifth proud. I'm sure you make Apollo proud too." Christian whispered into Jerome's ear, before offering him his shoulder for support.

He hated to admit it, but he missed the fuzzy and desensitized feeling he had just come out of moments ago. The gravity of their situation was beginning to dawn on him. "We just passed Denver, so I'm sure there's a lot of small stops for tourists. I know how to hotwire." Christian displayed in a moment of honesty. "...Science project." Christian shrugged it off, and he took a step forward, urging Jerome to follow his movements. "Let's keep moving."
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 pm

Jerome took the bottled water from Corinne and gulped it down. After he consumed half of the water from the bottle, he wiped his bottom lip with his thumb. "Thank you, Snow Queen. You did some good ice work back there." He turned to Rowan. "You too. I guess you're better than the average archer." He said in a joking tone.

When Christian whispered in his ear, he didn't know what he was going to say. A wide smile came across Jerome's face. His smile was slightly abnormally bright, his pearly whites reflecting the dim moon's light. "Thank you, Christian!" He couldn't help himself and gently hugged the legacy of Mercury while still supporting him. He was a good multitasker. "And I'm sure Mercury is proud of you. I mean, he could've picked one of his sons or daughters, but he picked you." Jerome slowly stopped smiling and looked around as they started walking. "Wait! I need to get my things too. Robin gave me his daggers and I need to keep those." He turned the two of them around and headed to the scratches that were sprung about.

After he grabbed them, he took up his bow, and quiver of special arrows and other things. "Okay, okay, let's keep going."
Back to top Go down
Belle
Belle

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 pm

When Jerome handed back her water bottle and thanked her, she nodded and smiled. "No problem, Sunshine." She said in reply and put the water bottle back in her bag. It was tempting to check her dad's pocket watch, but now wasn't the time to focus on that. She had to just keep going forward.

It wasn't long before the four of them set out on the road again. This time on foot. Hopefully they'd find a car otherwise it'd take quite a bit of time to find their way to Kansas. The daughter of Chione wondered what else they'd encounter on this quest. Surely there was likely worse than giant boars out there, just exactly what, she wasn't sure.

Corinne began to hum a tune she knew from back when she was younger. it was called O Dem Golden slippers, and eventually started aimlessly singing it quietly.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 9:33 am

The walk wasn't one walked with urgency. Christian figured that everyone had been effected by their car flipping. Christian loved that old hatchback; it had technically never been his, but he considered otherwise. Whether it was the shards of glass or the impact, Christian was feeling sore, and he was sure the rest of them were too. Still, they found ways to keep the walk light-hearted enough.

The day was still very young, but the sun had shown more than just a glimpse of its face. Christian was guessing they were hitting six in the morning at this point. He didn't want to be on the side of the road when cars would be common, or worse, hit the interstate again. That would attract some attention.

They had passed a lot and opted out; out of the two cars they had passed, Christian was certain neither were a good idea. One was a two-seater and the other one had a warm hood. The engine had recently been running. Eventually, on that backroad, they passed some properties. The sort you would imagine in countrysides and upstate areas. Big properties, and many had several cars.

"Here." Christian insisted. He yanked his pugio from its sheath, and approached a property with a big dirt path. "Older models are better; harder to spot and less urgent to find. Harder to track, and certainly a lot easier to hot wire." He said, in a more hushed tone. He doubted that anyone in the house would be awake, but it was better safe than sorry. Christian placed his hand on the door of what looked like an older Honda Civic. People said these things never died, right?

The sound of an unlock sounded, which was one of the few perks of being a legacy of Mercury. Christian opened up the front door, and got to work. He hadn't done something like this since long before his promotion. His hands were shaky, but he convinced himself he was undergoing placebo. It hadn't been nearly long enough for any withdrawal symptoms.

"You still wanna drive?" Christian asked to Corinne, letting his voice carry out of the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompeiian Politics   Pompeiian Politics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pompeiian Politics
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Outside of Camp :: Quests-
Jump to: