Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Galway Girl (p)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_ogt650R4kK1u961vco4_r1_250Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_ogt650R4kK1u961vco3_r2_250

Nancy Murphy was bouncing off the walls excited. It had been about 7 years since she had left Ireland, and, therefore, 7 years since she had seen her childhood best friend. Little Nancy had been thick as thieves with August Nolan through all of primary school, and it had been so hard on her when she was ripped away from him. It was weird losing your best friend. What was even weirder, though, was they both ended up in this weird world of gods. Unfortunately, they hadn't ended up at the same camp.

Nancy was standing just inside the camp border, right at noon when she told August that she would be there. She had her ukulele with her and all of her stuff was in her gold sparkly backpack. Her hair was down and wavy, and she was wearing a loose yellow tank-top with a pair of black shorts. The daughter of Proserpina was rocking on her toes and back to her heels as she waited.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Galway Girl (p) Giphy

August hadn't seen his best friend, Nancy Murphy in over 7 years, they had been extremely close until she had suddenly disappeared. He had eventually learned that she hadn't actually disappeared, she had just gone to camp. Not that it didn't hurt any less, she was still gone, and August lost his one and only friend for those seven years. He had been excited to find out that he was also a demigod, though at another camp on the other side of the United States. Still, it was pretty cool that both of them were demigods. Least now they could talk more, he didn't like to admit it, but he sucked at keeping in touch, and email wasn't cutting it anymore.

Needless to say, August was leaning against the large pine tree that marked the entrance to camp half-blood, excitedly waiting to spot his long-time friend. He checked his watch one more time, yep, definitely noon... And she had been worried he'd be late. He looked around once again, before he spotted a girl with a ukulele. Yeah, had to be her, he decided and walked up to the girl. "Uhh.. hey?" He asked, smiling awkwardly, hoping she was actually Nancy and not some other girl. In the case that it was Nancy, August hoped she recognized him. Considering it had been seven years, and August did not look like the same awkward kid he had been seven years ago.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_ogt650R4kK1u961vco4_r1_250Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_ogt650R4kK1u961vco3_r2_250

Nancy was pushing a hand back through her dark hair when she heard the Irish voice to her side. She turned to the side to look in the direction of the voice. She looked the boy over, hoping that it wasn't some rando Greek trying to talk to her. A wide smile crossed her face as she realized who he was. "Auggie? Is that really you?" She asked excitedly, and then said, "Wait, you probably don't go by Auggie anymore, do ya?"

Nancy dropped her ukulele case down at her side and threw her arms up around August giving him a huge hug, standing up on her tip-toes to wrap her arms around him. After a few seconds she slipped her hands back down, dropping back down on to her heels. "Of course it's you. I'd recognize those eyes anywhere in the world, even if the rest of you has changed quite a bit." The daughter of Proserpina said, her Irish accent strong. "You're not 10 anymore, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 10:18 pm

August smiled awkwardly as he waited a few seconds for a reaction from the girl. Then just when he felt like a creep, the girl smiled, and called him Auggie, he knew for sure he hadn't been wrong so he gave her a real smile. "Yeah, well... its you, so I'll let it slide," he told her, laughing, which made his already thick accent sound stronger. While his father and grandparents still called him the silly nickname, he hadn't heard it in a while, and the name sounded almost foreign to him.

August hugged the girl back, he was fairly certain that the last time they had seen each other, she had been taller then him. "You've changed a lot too. You're shorter, for starters..." He told her, jokingly. "You're definitely not ten either."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Nancy's nose scrunched up when August commented on her height. "I'm 5'7! I'm tall for a girl! It's not my fault that I grew but you just grew into a bloody giant!" Nancy teased, reaching up and messing with August's hair. Just being around the Irish lad, especially someone who was from Galway like her and therefore talked like her, was making Nancy's accent stronger again. She loved her accent and hearing it in August made her smile widely.

She turned to look at the camp from the hilltop. "Oi, this place is nothing like New Rome." Nancy said. pushing her hand back through her dark hair. She bent down and picked up her ukulele. "Are you going to show me around, August?" Nancy asked, excited to just say his name again and have him standing there. The daughter of Proserpina rolled excitedly up on to her toes and then back on to her heels.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 1:26 am

"Ahh hey!" August smiled as he reached up to defend his hair from her hand that seemed to do a good job at messing it all up, even though she could barely reach. He had missed this, how they messed around and made fun of each other. Literally nothing seemed to have changed too much over the past several years.

"Really? I'll have to come visit New Rome then, sometime." He said, waiting for her to pick up her things. "Impatient much?" August asked, "where would you like too see first, Nancy?" He smiled at her eagerness.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Nancy laughed as August swatted her hand away from his hair. "Does teenage August care a bunch about his hair?" Nancy teased with a laugh, her laugh beautiful and musical. Nancy flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. "New Rome is far more like a city than a camp." Nancy clarified. "Where can I put my stuff? I'm assuming the, uh, what's the name, oh yeah, Persephone cabin?" Nancy asked. Her Greek knowledge paled in comparison to her Roman.

Nancy was glad that she was here in the spring, where she was in a far better mood and enjoyed the beautiful sunlight. As a daughter of Proserpina, she was very different in the spring and summer than she was in the fall and winter. Nancy looked down at the ground and made two small white daisies grow from the dirt. She bent down and picked them, tucking one behind her ear and the other behind August's.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 4:53 pm

"Ha! No!" August said, maybe a little too defensive as he laughed. "That's cool though, summer camp set up gets kind of boring after awhile. Yeah, I can show ya to that cabin." He wasn't​ sure if Persephone even had her own cabin, but he'd be able to tell once they walked to the cabin courtyard.

August smirked at the the daughter of Proserpina, as she tucked the flower into his hair. "Thanks." He said, giving her a small smile as he put his hands in his sweat jacket pockets. "Ready to see the rest of camp?" He asked her.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Nancy raised an eyebrow. "This place gets boring? It looks amazing!" The daughter of Proserpina laugh, and then perked up as if a light bulb had gone off over her head. Nancy giggled as she looked at the flower behind her best friend's ear. "It suits you." She said sweetly.

"One of my brothers has come to visit Camp Half Blood before, and he said that the Persephone kids spend the fall and winter in the Minor Underworld Gods cabin and the spring and summer in the Minor Earth Gods cabin, so we should probably go there." Nancy clarified. She clapped her hands excitedly. "I want to see everything there is to see around here." The Irish girl said excitedly.

Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

"Well then lets go... you can drop your stuff off at the minor earth god's cabin, and then I can show you around camp. Or if you want to just skip right to the tour that's fine too. It is up to you." August told the girl, laughing at his best friend's excitement. He touched the small flower behind his ear, but didn't remove it, "oi, you really think so?" He asked, jokingly in this thick Irish accent. "I'll leave it in then!"
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 8:47 pm

]

Nancy nodded. "Let's go there first." Nancy looked around as she followed August through his camp. "Once I drop my stuff off, I wanna see your cabin. I want to see where my best friend lives." Nancy said, bouncing on her toes as they walked. Once they reached the cabin, she went inside.

After talking to one of the Persephone kids in the cabin, Wilhelm, Nancy found a place to leave her stuff. She tossed her stuffed backpack on a bunk and pulled out a flower crown and put it on her head. She set her ukulele case down and then headed out to meet back up with August. Nancy smiled at him. "To yours then?"
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 11:39 pm

"Of course." August told her, he was glad that they had just finished building his cabin and he wasn't stuck in an overcrowded one anymore. That had sucked, and looked sad, with how there hadn't really been enough beds. He waited patiently for her, as she got herself settled and talked to one of her cabin mates.

"If you're ready?" He smiled, before leading her across the courtyard to his cabin. The cabin itself was fairly new, but a lot of the cabins were actually new. This one just happened to be the newest, and had a small amount of campers in it. "Uhh not that many of us yet. Only eight of us so far. Cool though, since we all have a parent that is a different Muse." August told her, "Uhh... my bunks over there. Ignore the illegal pack of cookies that I left out." He added, as an afterthought as he pointed it out to her.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 12:53 am

Nancy shifted the flower crown on her head as they walked into the Muse cabin. The cabin was absolutely beautiful. Everything about it was so nice and artful. There was a ring of Muse statues in the center of the room and 9 alcoves adjacent to each statue. Nancy followed August to where his bunk was.

After looking at his bunk, Nancy peaked into the other alcoves and then looked at the statue adjacent to August's alcove. "So, this your mom, huh? Remember when we used to imagine what our moms were like?" Nancy said with a small laugh. The daughter of Proserpina had always been a bit dramatic and nostalgic, and being here with August was really bringing that out.

Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 3:00 am

August laughed, "Yeah I remember that. We weren't really expecting our mothers to be goddesses were we?" He asked, smiling. August wasn't one for nostalgia, some of the past wasn't fun for him to think about. That being said, most of the memories he had of his childhood with Nancy were fairly happy, so he didn't mind getting all nostalgic over those memories. He had missed having his best friend around all the time. "So..? Is there any specific place you want to see or do first?" He finally asked, once Nancy seemed like she had finished her exploring of his cabin.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 3:14 am

Nancy tilted her head to the side. "We always imagined having such normal and mundane moms, and then we have larger than life moms. Funny how the Fates laugh in peoples' face." The daughter of Proserpina laughed a little bit, pushing a strand of her hair out of her face, walking around to see the other statues.

Right about when she finished looking around, August suggested that they go somewhere else. Nancy nodded, trying to think of where she would like to go. Her head perked up with an idea. "Don't you have an ocean beach? Let's go there!" Nancy suggested. Then, she did what 10 year old Nancy would have done to 10 year old August: she jumped on his back for a piggy-back ride.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 3:38 am

"Yeah, well they definitely got a laugh from me when I found out." August said, giving a small laugh of his own as he thought about how his dad had broken the truth to him about his mom. He was sure his face and reaction would've been quite comical to watch for someone who was already well acquainted with the Greek/Roman worlds.

"Beach it is, then." He laughed. August hadn't expected the next thing that would happen would be her jumping on him for a piggyback ride. "Are we ten again?" He asked her, jokingly with his usual bright smile plastered on his face as he made his way towards the door again.

He hoped she hadn't noticed him stumble, when she jumped on him. Nancy was not at all heavy, actually, she was probably lighter than he expected she should be. However, his bum and gimpy leg hadn't been expecting the extra weight that had so gracefully landed on him.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 12:11 am

Nancy wrapped her arms around August's neck, and her legs around his waist. "I can get down if you would like, or if I'm too heavy now. It just felt like the right thing to do." Nancy said, pulling her arm back briefly to shift the flower crown in her head, and then quickly put her arm back around.

The daughter of Proserpina looked around as the left August's cabin. Everything was so wildly different than the world that she knew now. Nancy watched people as they walked by. "Do you know a lot of these people?" Nancy asked.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 12:33 am

"Nah, you weigh about the same as a ten year old." He told her, he made his way to the path that would lead them to the beach. August glanced around at the campers that were walking by, "Not a lot of them. You know me... not good at the whole making friends thing." He laughed a bit, he did know a few of them though, and those that knew him well enough waved hi. August had been at camp long enough though, that people recognized him even if he didn't actually know who they were. Which was always kind of awkward, but it happened for everyone.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Nancy Murphy leaned her head forward to look at August's face. "Well, I'm your friend, so I obviously don't think that you're bad at making friends." Nancy said with a big smile. She watched as all of the people walked by, some of them waving to August, and some not. She was having a great time watching these Greeks. As she did, she couldn't help but wonder what they thought of her.

After a few minutes of walking, the Roman saw the beach coming into view. As soon as they hit the sand of the beach, Nancy hopped down from August's back. She took her shoes off and smiled as her bare feet hit the sand. She turned and smiled excitedly at her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:59 am

"Or maybe you're just the one that's good at making friends." He told her, as she jumped down from his back. Once she had, he plopped himself down on the ground, not caring about the sand and took his shoes off.

"Not like the beaches in Ireland is it?" He asked, smiling back. When was the last time he smiled this much? Probably Ireland. For some reason Nancy's smile was infectious, no one could resist smiling back, at least August hadn't met a single person who was immune yet.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 11:37 pm

Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_ol6gf5oOoj1w4hsrwo1_400

Nancy spun around excitedly in the sand. Something about the sunshine and the ocean air was massively exciting the daughter of Proserpina. She ran her hand down through her dark hair as she looked back at August. "Yeah. It's an American beach. Can you believe that we live in America now, Auggie?" Nancy said, her old childhood nickname slipping back into her question.

Nancy put her hand in her best friends and pulled him down to the water with her. The Roman slipped her fingers out of August's and tossed the flower crown from her head on to the sand. She waded into the salty ocean water, flipping her hair over the top of her head.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 11:10 am

Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_onvu9fzKwj1w85r9qo1_400

August had sat himself down on the sand, just far enough away from the water that he wouldn't get wet. He had to agree with his friend, he enjoyed America much more than Ireland. Ireland had decently mild weather, but it never changed, and he like the variety of different seasons that were known to New York. "No I can't," he answered, smiling.

August had never really been one to want to go swimming in the ocean, the water in Ireland had always been just cold enough to keep most people out of it. Not Nancy though, who was then pulling him by the hand from his nice dry spot on the beach and into the water. He laughed, trying to roll his jeans up high enough that they wouldn't get completely soaked.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:09 pm

The water was still a bit cold, as it was still a bit early in the season, but the Murphy girl didn't care. The water felt freeing. Nancy laughed as she watched her best friend roll up his jeans. "What? You afraid of getting your clothes a little bit wet." The daughter of Proserpina joked.

Nancy cupped her hands and sunk them into the water. She pulled them out, and with a laugh splashed a huge amount of water onto her best friend. "Oops. Sorry." Nancy joked.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Frankie

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Galway Girl (p) Tumblr_onvu9fzKwj1w85r9qo1_400

August looked up at her as water splashed into his face, and shivered as the cold water landed on him. He stared at her for a few seconds before give her a smirk, and nodding his head. "So that's how its gonna be?" He asked, cupping his own hands together and splashing her back, forgetting about his now soaked clothes.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Nancy laughed loudly as August reeled back from the splash. Her eyes were closed and she was hunched over laughing when August splashed her back. The daughter of Proserpina shrieked when the cold water hit her and she jumped back. "Do you really wanna play this game with me, Auggie?" Nancy yelled and started to splash back at August.

As she splashed she started to move closer, splashing harder and harder, trying to shield herself from any attack that might come from August.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Galway Girl (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galway Girl (p)   Galway Girl (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galway Girl (p)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next