Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Double date (private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Double date (private) Empty
PostSubject: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 pm

Thorn arrived to the place in the Brooklyn House where the double date was taking place. He felt a little sleazy, knowing what kind of game he was playing, but it was a fair deal, what he and Omaira had. A date with AJ for a "date" with Ari and a little bit of valuable information. Thorn wore a button-up dress shirt and a nice pair of jeans, and had taken extra time with his hygiene, trying to present himself as attractive as possible to Ari. Why had he been just a fool a few years ago with Ari- it wasn't worth it, what he'd done. He'd never tell her he broke up with her due to her being "below him" and he was "out of her league"- at least, that's what the kids back in Florida said. He went over to Omaira's table. "Hey, 'Mair. So, here we are. The Scorpios should be here soon. I did my end of the bargain, you do yours." He looked at the table- five seats. Perfect.

AJ arrived behind his sister. He wore a button-up dress shirt as well, except his was less stylish and had The Incredible Hulk on it. He had a pair of jeans on and his hair was fixed by his sister. He was very nervous, he hated being social. It took him four years before he started talking to Thorn, and two more before they became friends. He saw Thorn looking upset with Omaira talking to him. AJ sat by Thorn, furthest away from Omaira. He quickly got the bottle of Clorox out of his pocket and wiped down the seat, making some kids laugh. He sat down. "What's wrong, Thorn?" he asked.

"My date stood me up. Am I really that unappealing?" Thorn said with a sigh.

"Hey, don't be sad. I have a way to cheer you up! What did ET's mother say to him when he arrived home? Where on Earth have you been!" AJ said, patting his friend's back, then wiping it off with a sanitizing wipe.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Omaira nodded knowingly at Thorn's words. She wasn't really the manipulative type and she wasn't really interested in a relationship at this point, but AJ seemed like a nice guy and he just.Wouldn't. Talk. To. Her. Well, he didn't really talk to anyone else other than Ari or Thorn for that matter, and they didn't really count, but it still grated Omaira's nerves a bit. The follower of Seker wasn't one to go all fancy for a date--to her, it was impractical--and was dressed simply in her favorite pair of ripped jeans, a black shirt with the Deadpool insignia, her black leather jacket, and a pair of white Converse hightops. Nah, she didn't even try to dress up.

On the contrary, Ari entered the room like a goddess with a dark blue strapless dress that ended somewhere above the knees, black heels, and diamond jewelry to finish it. If Omaira didn't know any better, she would've thought that the girl had known that Thorn was lying about his hook up.

Ari about blushed when she saw Thorn. Shit....he looked so hot. She could feel her stomach churning with all the pent-up emotions. After taking a moment to recollect her bearings, she strutted forward. "Oh, that's too bad," she said as she sat next to Omaira.

Meanwhile, Omaira was looking over at AJ. "What? I don't bite," she said, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 11:21 pm

"I know, I just...I'm socially...I'm really not out there," AJ said, quietly, not looking at Omaira. "I'm kind of, uh, just here because Thorn put me in this position." AJ stared at the floor, trying not to get nervous about what was going on around him. He stared at his shoes and thought about what to say next, but nothing came to mind, so he sat in silence.

Thorn watched Ari come in and sit down. To say he was checking her out would be very much an understatement. He snapped out of it and cleared his throat. "Yeah, it is kind of a shame," he said and smiled, almost giving it away he wasn't really upset. He looked at her again, trying not to be creepy, but studying her features.

A waitress came over to pass out menus and see what they wanted to drink.

"Root beer," Thorn ordered, looking away from Ari, and at the menu.

"Uh, iced tea, but could you only put 19% of the original sugar in there?" AJ asked.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:08 pm

"Water with lemon, please," Ari ordered, flashing a smile. If she didn't know any better, she would've thought that Thorn seemed almost pleased with the fact that his date was a no-show. Oh well. She wasn't complaining, and he didn't seem to be, either. She turned over to Thorn. "So, who's the b*tch that left you all on your lonesome?" she asked.

"Uh....you know what a Shirley Temple is? No, no, the drink, not the child star....Red Lobster's got it, and so does Olive Garden--though I guess they're owned by the same people. No--uh, you know what? I'll take a Dr. Pepper. Uh....ya, it's the same thing as Pibb." Omaira sighed in aggravation at the waitress's incompetence. Muttering under her breath, she shot a look over at AJ. "Never let Thorn set up the date," she said offhandedly. "Next time--if there is a next time--I vote Taco Bell."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm

"Uh, her name was Janette, I think. She seemed nice, but I guess I can't be too mad. I'm not that upset anymore, at least, you're here, right? You can be my date in her absence, right?" Thorn said with a smile. He looked back at Ari. "You dressed so well for not having a date. Were you trying to impress us or something? I mean, not that I don't love your outfit. I think you look beautiful."

"Sorry, it wasn't my choice," AJ said quietly, avoiding eye contact with Omaira. He looked the opposite direction.

The waitress came back with their drinks.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:46 pm

"Puh-lease! I don't need some f*cking no-show's approval of myself! I'm pretty confident that I look good no matter what this Janette thinks," Ari snorted, waving her hand dismissively as the waitress set their drinks on the table. "I just....like to dress up for special occasions, that's all. Always pays to look one's best--I mean, hey, we're pretty much each other's dates now, and don't you appreciate my outfit now?" she teased.

"It's not your fault. No one's blaming you for ol' fancy-pants' decision to eat at a use-the-little-fork-for-pie-and-the-other-identical-little-fork-for-cake place," Omaira pointed out as she sipped from her Pepsi. What the-- "I gave you four options and you still brought me the wrong thing!" Omaira whined, glaring at the waitress.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Thorn laughed a little. He loved Ari's confidence, it just oozed out. He decided to tease her a little and be a little romantic. "Yeah, I'm glad you wore that dress as our date. You look pretty hot in it. I love it." He winked, and took a sip of his root beer. Then, the waitress asked what they wanted to order. Thorn looked at the menu, and decided to get a burger. "I'll have a burger and fries."

AJ looked at the menu. "I'll have the spaghetti."
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

"I'm glad you think so," Ari replied before looking over at the waitress. "Uh....I'll have the chicken salad with Italian dressing, no cheese, and extra cucumbers," she said, smiling.

"Porkchops--the platter. And do try not to screw up this, either," Omaira practically growled out, not caring what impression she made on the others. She was pretty ticked off right now, even with her milkshake--compliments of the house, which didn't really want Omaira enacting on her word to write a comment for an online restaurant reviewer (because she apparently was a critic, now, too).
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Thorn looked at the others. "So, Ari, how's your training coming along?" he asked, trying to spark up a conversation. "And, uh, do you think I look nice in my outfit?" he asked, almost desperately, since he complimented her twice and she hadn't said anything about him. Thorn took another sip of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Ari smiled. "Uh....training is going along fine, you know. Still talking to f*cking cats, still beating the boys' asses at everything....though, I must say, I would be hard-pressed to kick your ass in that outfit. You look amazing," she giggled, knowing that Thorn would not feel uncomfortable with her choice of words--just another thing she liked about him. She let her grin spread a little wider at a sudden thought. "Wonder if f*cking no-show Janette would've thought twice if she'd known you'd show up looking like this," she said, eyes scanning his muscular form under the outfit.

OOC: Let's just pretend Omaira's pigging out on pork and AJ's just being awkward xD
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm

"Hey, thanks. I appreciate it. We should train together again sometime, like, me, you, and AJ. Omaira, too, if she wants to join." Thorn peered over to Omaira. "We could kick ass together, those sessions are always fun. I mean, it may be because like 90% of it is just using AJ as our dummy, but still, fun." Thorn laughed. He took a bite of the burger he got. "So, Ari, when I was at home, I figured out apparently there's a dance going on. We should go back together, it'd be fun. All of those kids think we're off to two seperate boarding schools."

AJ awkwardly started eating his spaghetti, trying to not start lecturing Omaira about the proper way to eat.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 5:01 pm

"Kicking ass always sounds good," Ari replied before delicately stabbing down at her salad once more.

Omaira perked up at the sound of her name. "Hmm?" she asked. "Training?"

Ari looked over at the younger girl and giggled a bit. "Not much the conservationist?" she teased. "That's fine. Neither is AJ." She turned back to face Thorn when she heard the part about the dance. "Oh--a dance?" Her voice faltered a bit, though not from disappointment or any sort of negative emotion, but from surprise. "A dance sounds nice," she said after a few moments of thought. "Is there a theme? It's been forever since I've been to a dance."

"Do they always talk like this?" Omaira asked AJ, rolling her eyes a bit. "And you tell me that they're not a thing?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 pm

"I think it's just a formal dance. Those losers back at our high school won't know what the hell happened," Thorn said with a laugh. He felt a little guilty though, knowing back in school, he was held to a high, popular standard, and the Scorpios, not so much. AJ was bullied a lot, which led to him being depressed and cyberschooled at one point, and him and Ari broke up due to others telling him she was below him. They couldn't have been more wrong, she was so hot and out of his league, but he believed it at that point. Anything to stay popular. "So, it's a yes?"

AJ looked at Omaira. "Yeah, they both are in love with each other, but me and others just kind of let it happen. Eventually one will crack and hopefully I'm not there, because it'll be a making out fiasco." AJ laughed a little.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:20 pm

"Hell ya!" Ari replied, smirking and playfully whacking Thorn's shoulder. To be honest, Ari had never been quite sure why she and Thorn had broken up. They liked each other a lot--okay, Ari was in love with the boy and everyone knew it, and she was pretty sure Thorn felt the same way about her. Hm....she knew that a lot of girls had been jealous, since Thorn had been extremely popular back in school. She also knew that Thorn's other popular "friends" had pressuring him to date a cheerleader (who the f*ck wants to date a cheerleader anyway) named B*tchface or whatever. "When do we get to go show up all the f*ckboys and their slutty dates?" she asked.

Omaira chuckled a bit with AJ at that last statement. "Well, that would be a sight that I'd rather not behold," she replied before taking a few more sips from her milkshake.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm

"The dance is scheduled for Friday, as far as I know. I can't wait to go." Thorn continued eating his burger, thinking if this was a mistake to drag himself back into high school drama. He knew he'd get a lot of questions about what he was doing there with Ari, and how they were still in contact. He was worried, to be honest. Thorn knew he shouldn't be embarrassed to go with her, she was beautiful and his best friend, who he wanted to be his girlfriend. But some other people at the school didn't have the same mindset as him. Thorn got lost in his train of thought and finished his burger.

AJ started to finish his spaghetti. "Do I get to go to this dance thing?" he asked. "Just kidding, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to that hellhole."
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 pm

"Sounds like a plan," Ari replied before shoveling some lettuce into her mouth and chewing delicately. She thought about it for a moment: her and Thorn, at the old school, together, like old times. It seemed like a dream--an impossible one. For once in her life, she felt like things were possibly going in the right direction for once. "You don't have to go if you don't to," Ari told her brother. "Plus, you'd probably have to go with Omaira."

"Oh heck no!" exclaimed the girl in question before she could stop herself. "I mean, not because I don't like you or anything, AJ--it's just....social events? Ugh!" She shuddered a bit. "Despicable."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

"Good. I wouldn't want to go. I'm staying here at Brooklyn House. I've already devised a plan, I'm going to move in with you and Thorn in a few years, then once you guys have kids, I'll be the awesome uncle who teaches your children about the dangers of germs. I've already started the powerpoint, there's no going back." AJ laughed.

"I don't think it's gonna happen, AJ. Me and Ari's friendship is much too prestigious for something like that to happen. Besides, after Ari and I show up those punks at the dance, I have my eye on this daughter of Horus," Thorn said. He wasn't being honest, of course, he was just trying to throw a massive curveball in Ari's direction and see if he could get a reaction out of her.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Since she was obviously a professional actress and good at making a pokerface, Ari kept her conflicted emotions concealed under a convincing giggle. "Ooh, is she a hotty?" she teased, fluttering her eyelashes in a mocking fashion. "Does she have a nice ass? I bet you like her ass. Do you like her ass?"

Omaira glanced over at AJ. "I don't even know why they're even talking about what," she admitted solemnly.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:38 pm

"Yeah, she's a hotty I guess." Thorn laughed when she started asking about the Horus girl's ass. "Why do you care about the answer to all of those questions?" Thorn asked, raising an eyebrow. He stood up, stretching. He thought about flirting with Ari a little and making a comment about her butt, but he kept it to himself, not wanting to make things weird. "Anyway, I guess this was fun, even though my date didn't show up and AJ's a social caterpillar. I'll probably see you before then, just remember I'll be at your room on Friday at 8 AMish, that'll give us enough time to get to Florida, get situated, and go to the dance." Thorn smiled. He put down money to pay the bill.

AJ got up, following Thorn's lead.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Valance
Cassandra Valance

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 8:21 pm

"Hey, I'm quite confident about my ass, so I just wanted to know if I should feel threatened or not," Ari replied. They had all finished their meals and complimentary milkshakes and were ready to get the f*ck out of there. She stood up after Thorn and AJ.

Omaira rolled her eyes and followed suite. So, apparently neither Thorn nor AJ were gentleman enough to offer to buy deserts. Nice.

OOC: The End
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double date (private)   Double date (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double date (private)
Page 1 of 1