Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Empty
PostSubject: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 pm

he'd just started getting tired from his shopping spree, arms weighed down with heavy bags full of fancy furs and pretty shoes and ridiculous head wear. taleis really is the most ridiculous roman there is.

he decides to stop off for some coffee, going for a local coffee place rather than a chain like starbucks or something. not that he has anything against frappuccinos, but taleis is organic. he likes to shop local. or whatever it is his aunt's writing her magazine articles about.
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Oliver had quite possibly one of the worst hangovers of her life. Her throwing knives were strapped to her slim thigh, carefully hidden and definitely not bulky under her pink dress with a poofy skirt. Her nude pumps clicked on the ground sounding like feminist power. She approached the door where a man held it open for her. She didnt even look at him. She ordered a large black coffee with two shots of espresso. The barista boy blushed and stuttered his way through taking her order. She self consciously pulled her sweater closer over her chest and took her drink. She sat down in the corner, her ankles crossed. Oliver sipped her strong coffe and gazed around at the boring people living their boring lives.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:05 pm

the girl taleis held the door for didn't even say thanks, which,
rude, but also, on second thought, she did look really tired. she probably forgot. it looks like a hangover, and taleis can relate. hangovers suck.

he orders a vanilla latte with a triple shot of espresso and an almond croissant, bubbly as ever as he hands over his payment. the girl he held the door for did have a really cute dress, and nothing makes taleis feel better when he's grumpy than random stranger compliments.

after getting his order and properly sweetening his coffee with a tooth rottening amount of sugar, he quickly stops off by her table before going to his own and leaving her alone.

"hi!" he says brightly. "i love your dress. it's really pretty. i like the poofy skirt."
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Oliver flicked her intense dark brown eyes up to the stranger. "Thanks dude. It's poofy so I can hide my weapons under it." A smirk played upon her lips. She brushed her black bangs from her forehead. They fell right back into place. "I like the ungodly amount of sugar you put in there. Almost makes me nauseous." Oliver tugged her sweater tighter over her chest as her eyes wandered the building before settling on his face again.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 am

he laughs brightly, too brightly for an overcast day, but he does it nonetheless.

"sugar is the only thing that makes coffee worth drinking! why would i drink bitter bean juice?" he says, wrinkling his nose and making a funny face. "i've got a really heavy sweet tooth." that, and his aunt's always going on and on about the natural sweetness of black coffee, which is just annoying. he half started drinking it with all that sugar just to piss her off.
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 am

"Why would you drink coffee if you're not in it for the bitter taste?" She questioned. "And,
black coffee can cure any hangover, you know." She leaned back in her chair, the top part of her sweater falling down a little it. She tugged it back into place and gestured to the seat across from her.
"Have a seat, stranger. Maybe tell me your name first so you're not a complete stranger." Oliver took a long pull from her coffee cup , one hand holding her sweater shut still. It'd be a shame if he saw the scar, she thought. Then the allusion of pretty girl is gone.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

taleis wrinkles his nose again, but he's still smiling. "cos the bitterness is nasty!" he says, laughing. "plus my aunt's always going off about the 'natural sweetness' of coffee and i like to piss her off. plus, ramen soup has never done me wrong as a hangover cure."

he smiles at her as he sets his bags down and sits in the chair across from her. "i'm taleis heap," he says.
"what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm

"I mean its not naturally sweet. Quite bitter, actually. But that's what makes in enjoyable."
Oliver arches an eyebrow at him. "Oliver Finley Hornback. You can call whichever of those you like,
I respond to all of them. " Oliver picked up a napkin and dabbed at her soft pink lips. She went to set it down but it fell from her small hand and settled on the sticky floors. She bent down to pick it up,
her sweater falling back and revealing a jagged pink scar running from her left collar bone and disappearing under her dress.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:12 pm

"noooooooooooo it's not!" taleis says dramatically, throwing his head back and tossing the back of his hand over his forehead like a fainting damsel in distress. he laughs then, just as brightly as before. "i dunno, i just can't handle bitter food. sugar's just so good."

"that's a pretty name," he says. "mine's kind of stupid. it's really taleisin emmett heap the fourth. like,
who needs a ridiculous name like that?"

he notices her sweater slip off of where she'd been holding it, revealing a painful looking scar. gods, that had to hurt. "uh, your sweater slipped a bit," he says, trying to be helpful but probably just sounding awkward. "i noticed you pulling it tight earlier." he doesn't mention the scar. it seems obvious she's self conscious about it, and taleis doesn't want to make her feel bad. oliver seems nice, and taleis likes nice people. besides, he's got a gazillion scars from ridiculous training stunts gone wrong, and it's always awkward when people point them out and ask "ooooohh, where'd you get that one?"

Last edited by mabel pines on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Oliver giggled. "It's a boy name. I think my mom always wanted a boy that looked like my dad, honestly." She had to stop herself from mentioning who her dad was. Most people would think she was batshit crazy. Taleis mentioned her scar and her cheeks turned a bright red as she hurriedly pulled her sweater shut. "You know, battle scars." Oliver laughed it off as a joke, but like, really though.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

"well, i think it's a cool name," he says, and he means it.
the mention of parents stings a bit, just reminding him of his deadbeat dad rotting away behind bars and the aunt and uncle back in california who don't want him around. must be nice to have a functional family. taleis sure doesn't know what that's like.

he nods gravely. "they're the worst," he says, and he means it but says it with a hint of humor in his voice,
just in case. it seems like too much to go off of to assume she's a demigod, just a mere mention of battle scars, but taleis remembers that the greek camp was in new york. here's to hoping. "i've got an ugly round scar on my thigh cos i got impaled on a unicorn's horn."
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Oliver's jaw dropped when he said he was impaled by a unicorn horn. She quickly closed her mouth. He could be joking. What are the odds, anyways? "Unicorn's are serious business dude. Avoid angry people with sharp weapons." She laughed but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Joking aside though, New York can be a scary place." Oliver kind of froze before finishing hurriedly, "With robbers and thugs and people trying to mug you and such. You know."
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 am

"they are truly a force to be reckoned with," he says gravely, but there's still a joking tone to his voice. unicorns are cool, but serious, those things can be nasty.

"i know what you mean about new york, though," he says. "i don't come over often. i live over in los angele, so it's always a bit difficult adjusting to the city." the thought of the east and bad luck flashes through his mid momentarily, but he pushes it aside quickly. the greeks are their friends now, and they'd all agreed that stuff was bullshit
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

"See, I feel most comfortable here. It's better than San Francisco." She realized he would probably question why she didnt like San Francisco so she hurriedly explained. "I have um, Family near there you know. There's been family arguments for a while and even though its been settled I'm still not quite over it." Oliver shrugged. SInce he had already seen her scar, why not remove the sweater? It was pretty toasty after all. She rolled it off her shoulders and hung it on the back of her chair to reveal and small tattoo depicting a Dionysus symbol. Her mom had been very against the tattoo but she rebelled and got it anyway. It added a bit of humor to her life and she told everyone its because she loved wine so so much, and Dionysus is the drinker anyways. She flicked her eyes back up to the boy's face.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 am

taleis nods. he knows all about crazy families. "yeah, i hear you," he says. "i love los angeles, but i've got so much family shit going on over there. it sucks."

he takes another sip of his coffee and relaxes back in his seat. "i like your tattoo," he says. "the symbol of bacchus, right?" taleis can respect bacchus. he's a dude who knows how to party.
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

"Bacchus is is the Roman form. I prefer Greek, so Dionysus." Oliver twirled a strand of hair in her finger. "You know mythology?" she questioned. "A lot of people have no clue what this is. They usually question the scar because itsmore in your face than the tattoo." She cocked her head to the side. Oliver was a lot of things, like alcoholic, former addict and rude at times, but definitely not stupid. "Are you like, really involved in mythology? Or just read about it ?" She pried.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

taleis can feel his cheeks heat up with embarrassment. dionysus. he laughs. "oh, yeah. right."

"yeah, i'm pretty into it!" he says once he gets over his personal moment of shame. maybe she is a demigod, too? "i go to this camp in california about roman mythology. it's...not as nerdy as it sounds. lots of swords."
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 pm

oliver nodded . "I go to a camp around here . Same thing but Greek. I get it , it's totally not nerdy, though there are some nerds. " she laughed . "Camp can seriously be rough sometimes. But yeah , i have this like , connection with Dionysus so I got the tattoo. My mom hates it."
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 4:37 pm

"well, i think it's a cool tattoo," he says with a smile, trying to tamp down his excitement at the prospect of meeting another demigod outside of camp. completely different mythology, sure, but still. a demigod's a demigod.

"where is it?" he asks her. "i've heard about a camp for greek mythology on long island. camp half something,
i think?"
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:53 pm

"Camp Half Blood, yeah. It's pretty neat . What's your camp called ? I've Heard of a camp Jupiter but I've never been." Oliver was trying to play it cool , hoping she would mess up the opprtunity to meet another demigod outside of camp , even if he is a roman
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

taleis beams brightly. "yeah! it's camp jupiter!" he says, and he's practically vibrating in his seat with excitement. "i uh, didn't really take part in the whole crazy war thing so i've never been to camp half blood before, either." he grins again. he'd never met a greek demigod before. this is new territory for him.
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:57 pm

"I don't condone wars," oliver began. "So, can I assume you're roman ?" She asked tentatively. Assumptions were a good thing but she couldn't just come out and ask if he's a demigod . That could cause serious problems even though she was ninety percent sure he was. "It's kind of boring there . For me , at least . No alcohol allowed in you know."
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 pm

"me too," taleis says, nodding his head in agreement. "i'm not a fan of violence. and yeah, i am a roman!" he adds on. "it's not that fun when you're stuck in the legion all day, but new rome is awesome. the bars are sick."

despite what oliver said, taleis had trouble imagining camp half blood as really boring. the legion was boring, needing to practice marching and all serious war business. taleis was no good at that. but he'd heard at camp half blood it's much looser, a lot less strict about daily training and guard duty.
Back to top Go down
Abby

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:31 am

Oliver shrugged . "There's not a whole lot going on over there , honestly. We just train constantly for things that will more than likely never happen. I think it's completely pointless. But then again, I'm not much into wars or anything aggressive . A lot of the worlds problems could be solved over a few drinks and a blunt ." Oliver absentmindedly trailed her fingers across the scar near her collarbone . She tilted her head slightly , her lips parted just a tad in a pretty pout.
Back to top Go down
sakura haruno
sakura haruno

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am

"wars are stupid," taleis says, nodding in agreement. "like,
just talk about it, y'know? communication is key!"

he leans back in his chair and takes another sip of his latte. he hasn't been on a huge shopping spree like this in ages, and he's honestly missed the feeling. there's nothing like blowing ridiculous amounts of money on fancy furs and nice hats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}   shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

shopping sprees and expensive things {PRIVATE}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next