Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sarenrae
the bomb dot com
sarenrae

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Hey guys! This is our official introduction into this au. Buckle up, there’s a lot of content to cover here.

This au is based off of the television show Tower Prep. It is a mystery based AU, so some things will be different. Therefore, I will be working a lot closer with the people who sign up, in order to create the best experience possible. Because this au is unfamiliar to most people, i’m going to be making a rp experience that’s very different from what you guys might be used to.

The Posting
First off, Because this AU is so plot heavy, the structure of rping will be tweaked a bit. If you’ve ever played a tabletop rpg game, this will be very similar. Unlike rps on this site which are primarily between two player characters, this RP will have a third party, me. I’ll be acting as a sort of narrator or game master. I’ll help guide the story and reveal information to your characters. It’ll make it easier for you guys, because there’s less planning involved and you discover information as your character discovers it. However your characters still make decisions that affect the storyline.

To explain it further, let’s give an example. Let’s say your characters are in a room. My job is to tell you what your character see. In my post, i’ll do this in italics, like so.

The room is rather small, about the size of a large closet, and all of you are packed in tightly. There’s a plain wooden door close to Lucy’s elbow. On the other side of the room, Henry stands close to a small window.

Now let’s say it’s Lucy’s turn to post. She can talk to the others, and then go to open the door. Then I’ll reply saying either:

The door opens into the dark school hallway. The hinges squeak loudly. And then go onto describe the hallway.

Or, I could reply with:

Lucy jiggles the handle, but it doesn’t budge. Yet the shape of the lock looks familiar.

Now Lucy could remember the key that she picked up earlier, or they could have Henry try to open the window.

I’ll also be in charge of introducing npc’s. These npc’s can be enemies or allies, depending on who they are and their interactions with your characters.

Now this playstyle is a bit different and not for everyone, so this is why i’m mentioning it before signups. If there are any questions feel free to ask below or pm me.

The Characters
The second part that will be a bit different is characters. Instead of giving you guys a character sheet and letting you run free, you and I will be talking a bit more about the character. We’ll talk about what your character already knows, what their goals are, and what secrets they have. I need to know this so I can plan out a really cool plot for you guys. It also helps me be availible to explain the plot and how to best fit your character into the universe.

Another thing to note is that the rules of the au rp section allow you to create a new character or use one of yours from the site. So if you don’t want to use one of your current characters, you don’t have to!

Ultimately all decisions about your character will be made by you. I’ll probably suggest some things, or give you more information to help you decide. But this character is yours! I’m just here to help

The Plot
Like I said above, this plot is based off of the show Tower Prep from cartoon network. You don’t need to know anything about Tower Prep to participate in this au. Later on I’ll be writing up information about the setting and plot, and anything else you need to know. If you want to watch it, you are more than welcome to! It’s not available on any streaming sites but if you talk to me I can give you some resources to help you watch it. Just know, not everything is going to be exactly like the plot. If you do end up watching it, let me know! This can help me introduce plot points!

Here’s a quick rundown of the overall plot:

Your characters are students at a school called Tower Prep. Their one goal: Escape.

At first glance Tower Prep might seem like any other preparatory school. Advanced classes, old buildings, annoying uniforms. Yet there’s something that sets this school apart. For one, it was made for people with inhuman abilities. Everyone here has something that makes them special. Maybe its enhanced strength, or super human hearing, or even blending in like a chameleon. Tower Prep helps students take these abilities and enhance them. Someone might arrive and only be able to see a little better than others. When they leave, they’ll be able to see through a concrete wall.

For some people this might be the dream school. For others, all they can think about is how they were taken here unwillingly. Their contact to the outside world was cut off, they can’t even talk to their families. They don’t even know where in the world Tower Prep is. What they do know is that kids who try to escape, usually never come back. Did they make it out? Or were they caught and sent to West Campus?

Your characters are still going to try. Will they succeed?

Final notes
At this point I’m going to limit the amount of people to a max of 5. This is because it’s close to the number of protagonists in the show, which makes it easier for me to follow a general plot. If more than 5 people want to sign up, it will be a first come first serve basis. I don’t expect it to go over five. If by some miracle more than 10 people want to sign up, I might do a second group. It’s all up in the air right now.

Also, this RP will be completed in phases. A phase will end when characters discover something or solve a problem that’s instrumental in their escape. The goal isn’t necessarily to finish a phase as soon as possible though. Think of it merely as a checkpoint in a video game. Phases are also my way of planning out the rp in manageable chunks.

Still Interested?
Awesome! We’re gonna have a blast! If you survived this topic, you can head on over to the sign ups topic! Here’s the link: https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com/t668-sign-ups#10477

In Summary
This RP is very similar to the style of a tabletop rpg. If you’ve ever played dnd it’s similar to that but without the complication of dice rolls. My general goal is to make a plot heavy mystery rp that’s easy for players to participate in. That means I’ll be there every step of the way to help you guys through.

Finally, I know this whole thing seems like a lot. You don’t have to memorize everything I’ve said in here. This is just my way of letting people know what the general idea of this rp is before they get into it. If it’s not your style, don’t worry! If you’re confused, I can answer any questions
Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Related Legends Reborn :: Out of Character (OOC) :: AU RPing :: Tower Preparatory School-
Jump to: