Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Empty
PostSubject: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Carter was a bit nervous. It was his and Reyna's second date, or first official whatever. He was wearing a suit, like the one he wears for Centurion meetings. He drove into New Rome, where he told her he'd meet her and pick her up. He smiled at her.

"Get in, or I'm robbing you," he joked. "You look beautiful."
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 6:20 pm

They were up for a second date. After their first passionate kiss, she'd promise they'd go out again. As usual, as soon as she got home, Rick found out and gave her a lecture about how love was just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed, like expected. She shrugged it off, but immediately after, he was bragging about it on social media.

And now, everyone in New Rome knows.

Of course, that didn't stall them from dating. She quickly left while Rick passed out from his alcohol, and proceeded down to the street, wearing the same dress he bought days ago.

She saw Carter, who immediately threatened to rob her as a joke. Reyna chuckled, sliding her way into the vehicle.

"Thanks!" she said, closing the door. "Shall we go to the Italian restaurant?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm

"Yeah, sure," Carter said, turning around to make sure he wasn't going to like, hit someone. He drove to the Italian place, Gina's, while playing old music on the radio. "If you want, you can connect to bluetooth and play a song or two. It's a good ten minute drive." He looked to his right for a second, noticing a few Shermans walking by. He hoped they didn't see him. Carter continued the drive, thinking about how this would go. He was going to ask if they were officially together, at some point.

"So, when will I formally meet Rick? Does he know about me?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 6:52 pm

She giggled. "He knows all about you. He's dissected your entire profile, so if your criminal record shows up, he will kill you. But if you're a nice guy in his eyes, he might not gut you."

She shook her head at the offer. She didn't have any songs she'd like to listen to at the moment. Eventually, they came up to the restaurant, and Carter parallel parked.

She pushed open the door--it'd have even been cooler if Carter did it, but she couldn't ask much from him.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm

"Yeah, no offense, not to sound like Cocky Jock Who Owns The Flock, but I doubt your brother could 'gut' me. I didn't get to my position being a klutz who couldn't fight." He opened the door to Gina's for her, then walked in behind her. He looked around, then went up to the dude at fancy restaurants who checks for your reservation. A waitress guided them to their table.

"I've always liked this place," he commented. "So, tell me more about your parentage and some of your childhood."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 pm

She sat down in the chair, the dress slightly uncomfortable when she did so. She didn't mind, however. Then, Carter asked about Reyna's past.

"I--uh--" she turned and lowered her head, remaining silent towards the question. It was painful, even for a cold guy like Rick. She, she was the sentimental one. She was worse.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:12 pm

"Oh, sorry," Carter quickly said, telling that she was uncomfortable with the question. "So, uh," he paused, feeling awkward. "Tell me more about your time at camp. Have you enjoyed it so far?" he asked with a smile. "Has anyone given you a hard time or easier time since being promoted to optio?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Reyna shrugged. It'd barely been a few days.

"It's quite okay. I haven't really done much as optio, and no one expresses any sort of disgruntlement towards it. Except for, you know, Rick. He's anti-authoritarian, and doesn't like the government telling him what to do, thus part of the reason why he disliked my promotion, and why he's in the Fifth."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 pm

"Oh, I gotcha. There's a lot of kids like Rick, who don't believe in authority. Most of those kids are troubles to society, like the Shermans, or just are trying to be edgy teenagers. I love him, Mom, he'll pay for me by selling his Hot Wheels collection." Carter laughed. "Maybe I could try to get some sense into him. Oh, look," he said, the waitress coming over and introducing herself.

"Hello, I'm Abby, I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you to drink?" she asked (Abby Sparrow).

"Uh, hmm, I'll take iced tea," Carter said, putting his hands together on the table. "Hey, is it your siblings that are YouTubers?"

"Oh, yeah. You're a Virgo, huh? Emmett?"

"Carter, I'm the oldest, the Centurion. Nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 pm

"And I'll have tap water, please." she said with her British accent. She'd tried it many times, and it was quite convincing. "Regular temperature, too. You see, anything iced is just not my cup of tea."

Even Reyna had to admit she could crack jokes at the most inappropriate times, and silently laughing in her mind. Perhaps it's another thing she should check down on "Things Rick and I Share."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm

"Reyna, it's an expensive Italian restaurant, not the Election of the President." Carter laughed.

Abby laughed a little. "Alright, nice to meet you guys, I'll be back with your drinks soon."

Carter looked at Reyna. "So, two personal questions in a span of 5 miutes, woo, go me, but, uh, do you mind if I ask what happened to your arm? I feel like you've been trying to hide it from me, but I don't quite understand why. It's nothing to be ashamed of."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 pm

She looked down at the bindings strapped around it. It had stopped being painful for a long time, but it remained undeniably hideous. Reyna didn't like anyone seeing it.

"Ah--yes, during a mission, maybe a year ago, we battled several monsters, my brother and I. He charged in head on and took on all of them. During the event, a teammate of ours set off a grenade which burnt the monsters, while also scorching my arm here. It looks really bad, and skin implant is impossible."

It was something she disclosed to very few people. Yet, Carter was whom she had deliberately made out with. Why not?
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Carter carefully put his hands on her's. "I'm sorry about that. I doubt it looks that bad, and even if it does, you're still just as beautiful with it. You don't have to wear the binding around me." He smiled. "I've had injuries before, but nothing like that. I'm sure there's a way to heal it, we are in a world full of half-gods." He kissed her hand. "Have you thought about what you want to be when you are out of the Legion and school? What kind of life you want?"

Abby brought them their drinks. "I'll be back soon to take your order," she said kindly, then left.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 pm

"Yes, but there's others here."

When Carter asked about her life beyond the Legion, in the future, she pondered for a while. She'd never really knew: perhaps becoming a scientist to invent time travel? Too far fetched.

"I don't know, Carter. It's a far road ahead, and being a demigod, I'm not sure whether I can go to the end of that path."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 pm

"No one will care. All people have physical flaws they can't control, you can't be angry if someone says something, that person's just being rude or curious." Carter took a sip of his iced tea. "Right. Hey, I mean, I know this may sound odd, but if we continue like this, which I hope we will, maybe in a year or two we could like...move in together, go to the university together. I'll be 18 in a few days, so, yeah."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 am

"I'm not angry, Carter, I just feel insecure when people see it. It's weird."

She gulped the liquid in her cup, then looked at Carter, who asked whether they could move in together when attending university.

"Yes. If we are a thing by then, then yes. I'd love to."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:28 am

Carter nodded. "I gotcha," he said, then smiled when she said she'd move in. "Cool," he said, taking a sip of tea. He started looking at the menu. "I think I'll get the spaghetti, do you have any idea what you'll get?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:33 am

"I'll have the same, please." Reyna smiled. "Carter, do you--do you think we're a thing?" she asked. Honestly, she did not know. The kiss was the best thing in her life, though she didn't know whether or not it was official.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 3:55 am

The waitress, Abby, took their orders and left.

"Uh, yeah, like boyfriend and girlfriend? I do, but I'm not sure until I got a definite yes from you," Carter said, taking a sip of iced tea.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:21 am

"If you're okay with it, then yes, Carter Virgo. I am your girlfriend." she took his hand, smiling. "I need someone to help me get over my previous disastrous relationship, and I think you can help me with it."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 am

"Yeah, my last relationship was kind of a disaster, too. My last girlfriend, well, um, passed away on a quest. She was killed by a dragon thing. It's a long and weird story, but the important part is that it ended on good terms, in a tragedy. I only had one another girlfriend before that." Carter smiled back. "This feels weird, being in a relationship again."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:23 pm

She leaned across the table and gave him a kiss, before retreating back and sat firmly on the table. "Weird or not, it's good." said Reyna.

OOC: Btw, I think we should have Shermans interrupting or something to make this more interesting, otherwise a fancy dinner date may end up rather boring.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Carter smiled. "I know," he said. He reached in his picket. "Oh, man, I forgot my wallet in the car. I'm so sorry." He got up and quickly went to the car, opening it and grabbing it. Suddenly, he was punched in the face, and his head hit off the car. He was on the ground, very weary, and confused- probably concussed.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:58 pm

After waiting for a bit without seeing Carter return, Reyna stood up and rushed to the door, only to find several thugs punching and beating an unconscious Carter. The Shermans. Horrified, she reached for the knife hidden deep in her dress, and pointed at the thugs.

"Let. Him. Go." she gritted her teeth. "I have done this before to your Shermans, and you don't want to see it happen again."

Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Randall looked the direction of Reyna with an evil grin. He whispered to a few of his brothers, and they all went after Reyna at once, with fists. He quickly got in the car, started it up using Carter's keys, and drove away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)   Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reynarter 2: Briefcase's Revenge (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next