Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Books and New Friends(private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Tumblr_ony3e25Ktz1qgq3h0o2_540

Matias chuckled. "I'm glad it's not one of those shitty romance ones. I don't get the obsession with them. I like a dark brooding guys as much as the next person, but they're always so corny. I'm more into the Holden Caulfield, tortured past type." Matias said. He was always trying to figure out what made people like certain stories, as a story teller himself.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:28 pm

"It does get pretty corny with vampire romances, doesn't it? But the same can be said for any romance. I prefer Fantasy myself. Or possibly some darker manga like Death Note. I can't believe people like romance crap in all honesty. What's so interesting about pretty much the same type of guy 50 times? Honestly, I prefer intellectuals myself, not dumb brooding types you see in every romance. I like interesting people, essentially. Romance characters? Not so much." He said, rambling a bit as he went off on a tangent about his opinion on the romance genre in general.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Matias shook his head. "My sister is in to that kind of stupid romance stuff. It's awful. She's honestly the girl who would fall in love with a vampire. Meanwhile I'm over here interested in people who can actually think and have some kind of story to tell." Matias mumbled. "Let me tell you, Emi at a party is the worst. I always have to go to take care of her."
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 7:08 pm

"Interesting... i've never actually been to a party myself but i do know what its like to look after siblings like that... I've always been the responsible one out of myself and Kase. Kase is smart... but makes bad decisions." He said, now genuinely smiling. He adjusted his hat once more, before continuing. "Personally, I think you're the most interesting person I've met at camp. At least you're not like that guy I met at the arena. Man, that kid doesn't understand difficult fighting styles. Just because my usual style looks weird doesn't mean it's not effective."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Matias smiled slightly. "Parties can be okay, I guess, especially if you have the right drink and go with the right people. Great for people watching." Matias said, his voice flat, even though he was actually interested in this conversation, at least, more than most. "I haven't met all that many people at camp. I prefer to stay around the less populated areas. It's mostly just my buddy Wilhelm."
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:11 pm

"Oh. Well, I guess we are a lot alike then. I've only met 1 new person besides you since coming here, I only really talk to Kase. I have a sneaking suspicion if it weren't for me he would have already hooked up with somebody." He said, looking at his feet for a moment before looking up. "You know, meeting you has been a pretty interesting experience, maybe the most interesting thing since I got here. It's only my second day here, you know. To think, this conversation started because I fell on my ass."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:32 pm

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Emi has already found someone to hook up with." The son of Melpomene grumbled. Matias looked up at Rey for the first time really since their conversation started. His eyes moved from his face up to his unnatural dark hair and the hat on top of it. He liked that he related to his hair dye. "What color is your hair naturally?" Matias asked Rey.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:35 pm

"My natural hair? It's blond. I dyed it dark because I like it better this way. Personally, I think it makes me look cooler than it was when I was blond. What's your natural hair color? That white is obviously not natural, though it looks pretty cool." He said, studying the other boy.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Matias ran his hand back through his shirt white-blond hair, nodding. "Yeah, it's not natural. My hair is kind of dark brown." The son of Melpomene said looking up at his hair, and then looked back over at his hair. "I like your hair too, by the way. And that hat." Matias commented sliding his hands back into his pockets.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Rey smiled at the compliment, though he went faintly red. He wasn't used to compliments in the slightest. "Thanks. The hat was a gift from Kase. He honestly knows my style pretty well." He said, sticking his own hands into the pockets of his jacket. His blue eyes held a faint silver glimmer to them, which showed even more when he tilted his head and the eyes caught the light.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Matias nodded as he looked at Rey. He watched as his head shifted and he caught a glimpse of the grey in his blue eyes. It was really nice. That was when Matias realized that he had been nodding for maybe a bit too long. Social situations and social clues weren't something that he excelled in. "So, uh, you're new here? I'm sorry that the place sucks rotten eggs."
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:10 pm

"Yeah, I'm new. And honestly this place isn't that bad from what I can tell, even if the Neanderthals in the Ares cabin already tried to give me a swirly. Those kids... good fighters, but not always smart. Wasn't hard to get away from em." He said, smirking. He knew for a fact that he was way smarter than most of those kids, and he was proud of the fact that he escaped so easily.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Matias scoffed, rolling his eyes as the smile fell from his face. "This is where hope and dreams of the future go to die." Matias grumbled. To be honest, Matias hated this place. He hated the dumb summer camp aesthetic. He hated Emi running around with those mean girls. He hated the Muse cabin. More than anything, though, he hated the loneliness that he felt.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm

"You don't like it here that much, do you? Well, I suppose the summer camp thing is a little dumb, but it could be worse. You could be somewhere fighting to live everyday. Here, you are for the most part safe, and sheltered, and far less likely to have to worry about monsters." He didn't like Matias's current expression, the smile had been far nicer. He took a step forwards, looking Matias directly in the eye now. "Being here is a lucky thing. You shouldn't take it for granted, okay?"
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Matias rolled his eyes, looking back off to the side as to avoid holding any eye contact with Rey. "Getting ripped away from a comfy home where I was never really that unsafe at is not lucky. Being dragged to this place where my sister doesn't want to be seen with me, and being taken away from my father and the only person who made me feel not that alone is not lucky." Matias said, looking back at Rey.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:47 pm

"Trust me, it could still be a hell of a lot worse, okay? Take it from one who didn't have the best home life." With that statement, he put one hand on Matias's shoulder, as Matias turned back to look at him again. "I'm sorry your sister doesn't seem to want to be around you, and that you feel alone, but moping around about it isn't going to help you."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Matias looked at Rey's hand and then back up at him. "So this place is the right place for you. That's good for you, but that doesn't make it the right place for me." The son of Melpomene scoffed. He looked into Rey's eyes. "Anyway, don't act all high and mighty. That hair, that hat, your whole persona: you're all mopy and dark, too." Matias snapped.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:08 pm

"I'm well aware of how I look. I know I look mopey and dark, doesn't mean I am. I try to be a nice, positive person for the most part, I'm not actually hugely dark. I'm not going to let myself get too dark, because if I let that happen I'm letting my past get the best of me." With that he took one more look at Matias, growing sick of his mopey attitude. "Listen, if you want, I'll be your friend. If you need somebody to talk to, I'll be here. It might do you some good to have somebody else to hang out with."

Last edited by Morgana Hart on Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Matias rolled his eyes. "People don't change that easily, and our true flaws can never change. I think you've got a real big one you're hiding, too." Matias said, eluding to one of his abilities from his mom: recognition of people's flaws, their tragedies. Matias let out a long and slow breath. "I'm not really one for friends, but yeah I guess."
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:33 pm

His lips curved upwards in a hint of a smile as Matias agreed reluctantly to be friends. "Everybody is hiding something. Doesn't mean we have to let our flaws define us. I think that it's good we have flaws, it's proof that we are human." He removed his hand from the other boy's shoulder, but continued staring at him. His eyes were fully silver-grey now, his posture now matching Matias's. His mimicry ability from his mother.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Matias couldn't help but smile when Rey did. Rey was one of those people whose entire persona changed when he smiled, much like Matias. "An ability that I have is to see people's most tragic flaws. And you, you're secretive, and I think you might be hiding one very big secret." Matias said, crossing his arm, but the smile still on his face. That smile had become sly, but it was still there.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 8:54 am

"Interesting. Maybe I am hiding something, maybe I'm not. My ability from my mother, whoever she was, allows me to analyze and mimic other people's style of combat or posture. It's useful in most situations, but it is my only power. As for my most tragic flaw? I don't exactly know what that would be, I have many great flaws." With that statement he grinned, noting Matias's smile changed his appearance completely. The smile then grew sly, which made his grin even wider. "Interesting." He thought to himself. Out loud, he said: "What's that look on your face, huh, cutie?" Flirtatiously winking in an exaggerated manner.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:56 am

Matias scoffed and rolled his eyes dramatically. "Wouldn't you like to know." The son of Melpomene teased. He leaned back a little bit, rotating his hips back to look over the dark haired boy again. He had definitely managed to nail his posture. They were about the same height, Rey maybe an inch or so taller at most.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 12:04 pm

Rey chuckled gently at the teasing manner of the other boy, his eyes twinkling merrily. "I would like to know." He purred, switching modes completely from flirty to an almost seductive tone in a manner of seconds. Throwing one arm over Matias's shoulders, he peered into the other boy's face, keeping up the act, though inwardly he was dying of embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 4:02 pm

Matias looked the boy over. He rubbed the bottom of his nose, chuckling a little bit. "This is a bit outside of your element isn't it?" Matias laughed, looking at Rey's eyes. He honestly couldn't really tell what Rey was trying to get out of him, or why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Books and New Friends(private)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next