Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old Books and New Friends(private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
E.T
E.T

Old Books and New Friends(private) Empty
PostSubject: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:14 pm

With a sigh, Rey turned the page of his book, his free hand adjusting his grey hat. His black hair fell slightly in front of eyes, but he hardly noticed, too absorbed in his book. Sheathed safely at his side was the sword he always carried, black hilt gleaming in the dim light of the library. Rey wouldn't notice if the building was burning down around him, so absorbed in his book was he. The library was paid my becoming his favorite place in camp.

Last edited by Morgana Hart on Fri May 26, 2017 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Old Books and New Friends(private) Tumblr_ony3e25Ktz1qgq3h0o2_540

Matias Nikula dreamed of having this library all to himself, and for the most part he did. At a camp with so many outside activities and so many buff hard asses running around doing whatever it was that guys and girls like that did with their free time. That afternoon, Matias was sitting on the floor eating an apple and reading yet another tragic play, the fourth that day. The only other people in the library were a girl with copper hair and the raven haired boy with the hat, his hair as unnatural as Maria's bleach white.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 4:37 pm

The book shut with a small snap as Rey finished the last page, eyes wide. It was such a good book! He needed to read the next one. Now. As he went to return the book to its proper shelf and get the next one, he noticed the shelf was just a bit out of his reach. Frowning, he found a stool, having to stand on his toes even on the stool to reach the shelf. As he went to replace the book and grab the next one, he lost his balance, and as he fell to the ground books came showering down from the shelf and hitting the quiet boy on the head. "Ow!"
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Matias was entranced in the third act of a romantic tragedy when he heard a crash. The white hair boy jumped a little bit. The apple fell out of his hand and rolled a little bit off to the side. The son of Melpomene pushed himself up off the ground with a small groan. He walked to where the apple was and picked it up. He brushed it off and took a bite, looking up and seeing the dark hair boy on the ground. "You alive?" Matias asked flatly.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:13 pm

He was a bit stunned from the fall as he struggled to sit up. He could already feel the lump forming on his head as he swivelled his head to face the speaker. "I'm obviously alive." He said with a quiet roll of his eyes, pushing the mountain of books that had fallen on him off, and sitting up. Fixing his hat, he began to grab the books to put them back, sincerely hoping none of them had been damaged. None of them had ripped any pages or anything... at least it seemed so.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Matias scoffed, rolling his eyes in return. "I was hoping, for your sake, that you might be one of the lucky ones." Matias mumbled sardonically, tossing his apple up in the air. He looked at the books on the ground and sighed. He tossed the apple towards the trash, but missed handily. He didn't bother picking it up and bent down to pick up books and start shelving them. The son of Melpomene looked over at the boy. "For the books." Matias clarified.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Rey made no move to respond as he also began reshelving the books, blue eyes automatically picking out where the books should go. He always had had a bit of a thing for categorization, and soon enough the books were categorized neatly, all except for the one book he had been trying to reach before he fell. The look of concentration on his face made him look as if it was just him and the books, until he spoke and broke the spell that was. "Thanks for the help, nonetheless. I'm Rey." He said, holding out one hand to the other boy.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Matias looked down at the boy's hand. Why did people here always feel the need to shake hands with each other? Matias wasn't much for touching people that he didn't know. He wasn't even one for touching people that he did know. Emi, his older sister by 11 months, was always mad about that when she tried to hug him. He'd gotten better about that with her, but not with others yet. The son of Melpomene looked from Rey's hand up to his face and scrunched her nose a little bit, shaking his head lightly. "I'm Matias." The Finnish boy said, and then reluctantly shook the dark boy's hand.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:59 pm

"Nice to meet you" he said, a small smile on his face. He noted Matias's expression and his reluctance, surmising that the handshake made him uncomfortable. He didn't hold the handshake for long, and stepped back a bit, giving Matias a bit of space. "What was that you were reading before I fell, by the way? I'm always interested in hearing about new literature I've yet to read."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Matias sighed a little bit when Rey asked him another question. If he would have known that this would turn in to a whole conversation he would have just let the apple roll away and stuck with his book. He could hear Emilia in his head, scolding him to have a normal conversation and not to be his lame self. "The Jew of Malta. It's a tragedy. It's kind of part of the territory." Matias said, referencing his mom. "Oh, wait, that didn't make sense. I'm a son of Melpomene." He clarified.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:36 pm

"Ah. I see. I don't even know who my godly parent is, all I know is that mum was a goddess. But it was probably one who has less physical powers, because I don't have any physical powers, nor does my twin, Kase. For some reason mum never claimed us." He said, tilting his head. This boy interested him a bit, because he actually seemed to be a lot like him. More a loner than anything.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Matias nodded as Rey talked about his family situation. "Oh, you have a twin? Emi isn't my twin, but we are Irish twins. She is only 11 months older than me, so we were in the same grade in school and stuff. Turns out we don't even have the same mom. She's a daughter of Thalia. It makes sense though, she is the comedy to my tragedy." Matias rambled. The son of Melpomene was a writer so sometimes he just started splurting words out.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Rey's expression softened a bit at the boy rambling about his sister. It seemed he wasn't the only one who was only really close to their sibling. He smiled at Matias, the smile transforming his usually bleak features. "You sure do care about your sister, huh? I'm like that with my brother. He's my polar opposite, a total bad boy, but we match in ways nobody else can."
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 12:20 am

Matias crossed his arms and leaned back on his heels a little bit, starting to destress a little bit. "Um, I guess that I do. She's so different from me, it can be kind of annoying sometimes. A headache." Matias said, rolling his eyes a little bit. The son of Melpomene raised an eyebrow. "So if he is the bad boy, what are you? The Holden Caulfield lone wolf type?" Matias asked, fixing his nose ring.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 12:29 am

"You wound me. Just kidding, I am a bit of a loner. Mainly because I choose not to trust anybody but Kase. Not after dad, I can't trust anybody easily." Turning his head as he said that last bit, he was a bit red now, having realized he had just made a confession as to the kind of father he had. He had never told anybody about that but here he was blurting it to a total stranger.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 12:41 am

Matias rolled his eyes. "Trust is overrated. Anyone who thinks that anyone can be trusted, especially at a place like this, is wrong." The Finnish boy snipped. Matias wasn't really one for beating around the bush or acting like life was better than it was. Life was a tragedy, no matter who you are. The son of Melpomene wiped his thumb along his lower lip. "I'm not going to stand here and be super grossly sweet asking if you're okay, but like talk if you want. I don't care."
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:08 am

"Alright. It's not like I need comfort. Though I suppose talking about it can't hurt. Well, here it is. My father was abusive, more so to me than Kase because I was the one he knew wouldn't fight back. Sometimes he carved... words into my skin. And it only grew worse after he figured out I wasn't straight." Rey took a deep breath as he said this. Moving his collar aside, so it wasn't in the way, and turning his back to Matias, there, on the back of his neck, it revealed a single word, carved deeply into his skin. Freak.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Matias' arms fell to his side as Rey talked, his shoulders tensing back up as he talked. Matias' hands balled up into a fist, the nail of his thumb digging into his ring finger. The Finnish boy didn't know what to say, which was somewhat common for him. He was used to this feeling of his throat feeling closed. Matias pulled the black notebook out of his back pocket and flipped to a clean page, and wrote one work freak. He slipped the notebook back into his pocket and looked over at Rey. "I- I mean, that's- wow." Matias stammered out.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm

"My father was not a great man. All in all, I think he gave me 20 of these marks carved into my skin." Said Rey, indicating the word as he turned to face Matias once more. "He blamed Kase and I for mum leaving us, he didn't know who she really was, apparently." Next, he rolled up his sleeve, to reveal another one of those words on his arm. Faggot. There was another on his hand too. Mistake.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Matias tapped his toe lightly on the ground and shoved his hands, which were balled in fists again, into the pockets of his jeans. As Rey talked more and showed him a couple more of his scars, Matias' heart rate rose, but somehow he was calming down. Matias sighed. "That's like proper tragic, dude, and I understand tragedies." Matias pulled his hands out of his pocket and shook them out, a drop of blood falling from his right hand.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:01 pm

"Sure, it hurt I guess. But I won't let what he did ruin my life, you know?" He asked, looking at Matias. When Matias pulled his hands out of his pocket and shook them out, he saw the blood and his eyes narrowed. "You're bleeding." He said, looking at the nail marks on the other boy's hand.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Matias looked down at his hand, a large drop of blood dripping down his hand, right below his right ring finger. He pulled a handkerchief out of his other back pocket. "Yeah, uh, that happens, old scar." Matias lied. He wiped the blood off his hand and looked at where he had broken skin, next to several other small crescent scars. He slipped the handkerchief back in his pocket.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm

"Liar. I can tell when people are lying." He said, fixing that knowing gaze on Matias's face, his blue eyes seeking the truth. He was a son of Athena, after all, and was good at figuring things out. "Judging from those scars on your hand, this happens quite often, doesn't it?" He asked, knowing already what the truth was, but wanting confirmation anyhow.
Back to top Go down
QTheRevolution
QTheRevolution

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:58 pm

Matias shrugged and dropped his hands back down to his said. "It's no big deal." Matias shrugged off. He couldn't be bothered to talk about all of his messed up shit. "What are you reading?" The Finnish boy asked Rey, trying desperately to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
E.T
E.T

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

"Trying to change the subject, are we? Alright then. If you prefer tragedies you've probably never heard of it, but it's called The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. It's a vampire series, but not one of those dumb romances. It honestly had me transfixed the entire time I was reading it." He responded, happy to talk about books bit also slightly curious as to why Matias was so desperate to change the subject. What was he hiding?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Books and New Friends(private)   Old Books and New Friends(private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Books and New Friends(private)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next