Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training/romance (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Training/romance (private) Empty
PostSubject: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Carter was at the Field of Mars, informed that he may be training another demigod to take the opposite Centurion position soon. He wasn't sure quite why yet, but he went along with it. He had on some armor, covering his typical everyday Camp Jupiter shirt and jeans, which wasn't normal for Carter to wear in public, but he classified them as old enough clothes to be torn if his armor failed. Carter was tall, with blonde hair, short and only on the top. He leaned against his sword- today he'd be training with Reyna, a girl he knew decently well, enough to know what her personality was like, her god parent was Bellona, she was 17, and had a twin brother.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Reyna was up for training again. She was sure she had sufficient skills already to combat even the fiercest of monsters, but they kept denying, and she ended up assigned to the centurion, Carter, for further practice. Once Rick told her, however, that he eavesdropped on them revealing the training to be for her centurion promotion, she was delighted. She grabbed her staff, and ran as fast as she could.

By the time she was at her destination, Reyna was almost out of breath. She wore a red t-shirt, with jeans and arm-bindings to cover the deformed arm she had, along with sneakers and a simple leather armor. Carter, the centurion, stood in front of her, leaning against his sword.

"Hello." she greeted, straightening herself. "I'm Reyna, though you probably know that already. Shall we practice?"

Last edited by Rick Sanchez on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 5:40 pm

ooc: Psstttt Carter the centurion not Mason lol

bic:

"Yeah, let's get to it. I'm here to monitor your skills and basically train you, you might have a promotion in the future, but don't get your hopes up. This is happening to 4 or 5 of the First Cohort's finest warriors. As you already know, I'm Carter Virgo, the First Cohort Centurion. Now, let's start with simple sparring. I'm going to go by the same rule that my teacher and former Centurion, Liam Davenport, did. If you beat me, you get to take the other Centurion position. Until you I tell you that the position has been taken, you impress me, or you beat me, we'll be here day after day, training. Understood?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 6:40 pm

OOC: damn, multitasking side effects

BIC: She nodded and raised her staff, putting herself into a ready stance. She knew she was gonna nail the spot--like she always does. Perhaps that's one thing she and Rick had in common: they were always so sure about their victory, and ended up winning anyways. Arrogance may fit, though it comprised more of boasting.

"Understood. Now, let's not stall, shall we? You strike first."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 6:48 pm

"Of course. I would argue you deserve the advantage of striking first, but if you insist." Carter instantly swiped at her forearm, to drop her weapon, and spun around, putting his leg under her's, to trip her. That was a very underrated and sly move, he would argue, that he got taught by his former master/trainer, Liam. He grinned a bit under his helmet. Carter then put his sword against her neck.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm

With extreme reflexes, she retracted her arm, barely avoiding his blade, while her feet leapt upwards to evade his attack. He lashed out to hold her by the throat, which she countered with a blow of her staff. Reyna held him back from retreating his weapon, then took the opportunity to kick his foot, in order to force him to fall.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Carter was slightly impressed at her great reflexes. He fell to one knee, loosing grip of his weapon, but quickly rolled backwards and stood up. He retrieved his weapon, quickly, glad the armor was there. He started fighting with a bit more aggression rather than strategy, and swung around completely, trying to hit her head with the hilt of his sword. He then went to trip her, nearly falling in the process.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:22 pm

She ducked as he swung his sword hilt at her, and leapt back when he attempted to throw her off balance again. Reyna swung the staff downwards at his feet, hoping to knock Carter down, giving her a swift victory.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Carter felt the staff come in contact with his legs and almost completely lost his balance. His heart raced, a little worried at how quickly he almost lost there. He swung the sword at her midsection, then went a quick but effective shoulder tackle, to make her lose her balance a little.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Reyna wasn't fast enough with the shoulder tackle, causing her to trip backwards and take a cut across her cheek. She wiped the blood that was now leaking from her new scar, and proceeded to jab at his sword, swinging violently until she saw a big opening, prompting her to strike at his arm, in order to deprive him of his weapon.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm

Carter felt a few swings reach hit and was slightly hurt. He dropped his weapon, groaning a little from the pain shooting through him. Carter smiled at Reyna, and picked up his weapon with the opposite hand, taking violent, forceful strikes to her hips and her deformed arm (obviously not knowing it was deformed, however).
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 pm

She blocked the attacks on her hips, while barely able to avoid the slash at her deformed arm. She kept the bindings tight, worrying more about him seeing it than his attacks. Eventually, Reyna managed to lock his sword with her spear, then used her other arm to grab his and twist it, attempting to shock him and force him to loosen his grip on the other hand.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Carter was surprised at her sudden twisting of his wrist. In a quick MMA-like fashion, he turned and made the pressure reversed, so she flipped over him. He loosened, grabbed the sword with his bad arm, and did a quick jab to her arm. Once again, he didn't know it was deformed, he just saw her protecting it, and saw it as a weak area. He used the back of his elbow and aimed for her neck, to take her breath away.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 8:35 pm

She fell on the ground, before Carter pressed his elbows on her throat to block her breath. Reyna paled, while struggling to hold on to her staff. She made one swift motion to kick her adversary from the back, and gagged, before climbing to her feet.

"No wonder you're a centurion." she smirked.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Carter smiled. "You're impressive, they usually don't last this long the first day of training," he said, panting a little. "You're quick, it's kind of wearing me out. Do you want to take a break and get a drink? I brought some water and Gatorade over there. I see the markings of a great warrior in you, I love it. Although, I could definitely teach you a thing or to. For one, always use your size to your advantage. As a lot smaller than me, you should have a few things in your arsenal that would be nearly imossible to counter." He sat down on the bench, grabbing a red Gatorade. He took off his helmet, so his features were noticable now.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 3:29 am

Reyna sat down, grabbing a napkin to tend to the wound on her face. She was certain it was going to become a new scar. The demigod took a bottle of Gatorade and quickly consumed the energy drink out of exhaustion.

"So--how long have you been a centurion?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 3:32 am

"Almost 4 years, I believe. Seems like such a long time, huh? It's weird, it seems like yesterday I just got promoted. How long have you been at camp?"
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 3:51 am

She shrugged. "Pretty much my whole life. Dad brought me here after I came to the world along with my brother, Rick. My father's dead now. What about you? I don't expect you were here for a few days and got the position of Centurion?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 4:17 am

"I've been here my entire life. My family has big name value, so that kind of help me get noticed, but I tried my hardest to make it about skill, not last name. I was in the Legion like 5 years before I got the Centurion position, roughly, but training my entire life. My mother was a First Cohort Centurion."
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 4:58 am

"Cool. Well, I've been in the Legion for 10 years now, and I never really bothered with getting a position around here. I feel like serving is more important." she said. "Shall we continue?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:35 am

"Yeah, of course. I said I'd teach you a thing or to. Get up, and get ready," Carter said, standing up.
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 12:19 pm

She nodded, taking her staff as she stood up. "Alright, I'm ready. Shall I strike first this time?" said Reyna. "Or will you get the pleasure once more?"
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 pm

"Strike first this time, please," Carter said, getting his sword ready.

ooc: sorry, I saw Spiderman/ate out/was at my friends all day
Back to top Go down
Rick Sanchez
Rick Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 am

With a nod, Reyna quickly dashed forward and swung from the left, aiming at his foot in order to unbalance his footing.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Carter felt his foot struck, and stumbled back. He took a knee and blocked her with all his might, before getting back up and jabbing right at her stomach, then her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training/romance (private)   Training/romance (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training/romance (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next