Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual 18th (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 am

"Bri, you're more intelligent though, you have a brighter future. What happens in like 6 or 7 years when I have my Uni-derived job, and we're married, and we have kids? Then are you going to become a stay at home mom? Do you really want to do that? It may be better for your sake if you were the one that got to go to Uni."
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 am

Bri just rolled her eyes as she started on the walk back to the apartment. It was cute for Keith to be so selfless for once, but she wasn't interested. If anything, she found the situation amusing. "It is already decided. Why should I go to a University when I don't know what I want to be or do? It is pointless to waste money on trying something for me when I'm not that interested in any of that education crap." Bri shrugged, tugging Keith's hand in emphasis. "I can still work, just it won't be something overly grand. That might be a good thing."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 am

Keith sighed. "OKay, fine, you work, I go to uni, and we'll make this work, alright?" he kissed her hand. "You just need to find a job that's suitable for what you want to do, you can't sacrifice your life supporting me, I wouldn't expect you to do something like that." He pulled her into a hug. "You didn't answer my question, though. What if something happens or we need to adjust and you need to start being a homemaker? Are you okay with that? That's a risk that may very well happen."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:45 am

"The issue: I don't know what I want to do," Bri said smartly before thinking about Keith said. "It isn't number one on my to-do list, but think about it this way: Nine months pregnant, have to stick really close for the first few years, and then I can do whatever I want. Kids can be very tough."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 am

"True, but, we do have to consider the future before making decisions like this. We're young and it'd be easy for us to make a stupid mistake." Keith paused, after going into the hotel room. "Do you think we should get your father involved? I know, you two aren't the closest, but he could really help us, Bri. He could guide us in a direction. At the very least, we could hate his guts, but he's still rich, and you're still his only daughter."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:03 am

Bri was far from shocked at his statement. Her father? Keith knew that she was sensitive on the subject and it was an unspoken rule never to bring it up. "My dad?" Bri asked, still in shock. "I haven't talked to him and four years, do you really think he would want to hear from me now about money? I was his only child before and he probably didn't even know my eye color."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 am

"You should try. You can't go through life burning bridges, it's time to compromise. Play the sympathy factor, and get him to donate us some money. It'll help us out, and I'm sure he's got money just lying around to spare. Bri, you know it would help more than hurt to do this. We need as much help as we can get as this point, with us trying to fit in to our new lives together."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 am

Bri knew Keith was right, but she didn't want Keith to be right. She would be perfectly content on never talking to her father ever again and believing that he never existed. "I can burn bridges! Make my own little nice island where I don't have to worry about the people in he other side of those bridges," Bro grumbled angrily. "I don't want his money," Bri whispered sadly. "I've always had his money. I know he would give it to me. I could probably open my trust fund now that I'm eighteen, but I never wanted to rely on him."
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:49 am

"Bri. I realize it's hard to ask for help, but if we don't, we may end up in a big debt hole that we can't escape. What happens when we run into financial problems, and it effects everything? Then we would've wished we asked your father to help. I'm not asking for you to run into his arms and tell him he's the best dad ever. I'm asking for you to mend bridges and be a brave person and tell him what's going on, ask him for the money." Keith rubbed her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 am

"Easy for you to say," Bri muttered as she was deep in thought about the situation. It was only some money that would probably be hers in the future anyways. Plus, didn't she deserve some? He was never around so the least he could do was give them some cash. "Fine," Bri let out a sigh in defeat, "I'll call him later." Half of Bri wanted to put it off as long as possible. Later was an infinite term.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 4:46 am

"How much later?" Keith said, laying on the bed. "I'm tired," he admitted, "I could go to sleep right now. I'm going to go take a shower." He got up with a yawn. He went to the bathroom to do so.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Why as Keith was in the shower, he forgot that there was no way for Bri to call since she did not have a cellphone. And very ignorant Keith has left his cellphone on the counter. Bri quickly grabbed it and hid it inside one of the pillow cases of the pillow. Now, she technically couldn't call her day. Fool proof? No. Mature? Also no.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 9:59 am

Keith came in after his shower, with a fresh pair of clothes on. "Did you call your dad?" he asked, continuing to dry his hair with a towel.
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 11:30 am

"Nope," Bri said, having started reading a book while Keith was in a shower. She didn't even look up at him as she did a little whistle.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 11:42 am

"Why not? Bri, I even left my phone out here."
Back to top Go down
BaileyBriseis
BaileyBriseis

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Bri looked around, bring on a face a confusion as she said, "No you didn't. It's not out here and I don't have a phone."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual 18th (private)   Dual 18th (private) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual 18th (private)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3