Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting You (p)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Meeting You (p) Tumblr_inline_nl16froGwh1rqq37j
Boston, Massachusetts. Chilly with clear skies and a lot of bars. Antoinette was certainly not used to this kind of weather. The only reason why she came here, however, was because she took the wrong branch down. She was planning on going to Folkvanger in Vanaheim and hang out with a few of her einherjar friends there.

Nonetheless, the 300 year old daughter of Hnoss made her way down the sidewalk. Instead of her usual corset and ankle long dress, she was dressed in a pink, long sleeve crop top with blue jeans and black ankle boots. Her curly hair was pulled back in a ponytail to show off her gold earrings. Antoinette paused when she saw a dress that she liked in one of the glass showcases.

With a small smile, she pressed her hand against the glass and let out a quiet sigh.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 pm

When moving away from such a small town, Gunnar had began to learn that behavior would simply need to be modified when going into cities. Hiding his weapons was not an easy endeavor, and while it wasn't always illegal to have them, it certainly raised awareness and questions against him. His Norse origin had kept him from cutting his hair and shaving often, which he was told might make him stick out in modern western society. Surely enough, it looked like plenty of people his age were doing it. There was still much to learn.

Many birds crowded Boston, mostly on the electric lines, but also some simply in the streets. It was irrelevant, however, because none of them were ravens. Almost none of them. Gunnar had been using a couple of them to map out some important cuts and knicks in Boston. It was a crowded city, but enough strange things happened that nobody questioned him talking to ravens.

He'd dressed normal for the occasion, blue jeans and a green henley. He'd grown up wearing stuff like this, but his typical gear was much more raggy when he was out in the wilderness. The raven had given him a strange hint to speak to the girl by the window. 

"What makes this dress special?" Gunnar asked, his Danish accent somewhat faded. He stood next to her, observing the dress more than the girl.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Antoinette quickly turned her head to see a rather pale faced man with long brown hair and facial hair. "Oh, uh, it is just really pretty." Her French accent coated her words like sweet honey. "It's something that I can see myself in that's all." She looked back at the dress, then turned her head to look back at the guy.

"I'm Antoinette." She offered her hand to him, almost bowing, but was able to catch herself. Wrong time period.
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Gunnar accepted her hand, offering a tight-gripped handshake to her, as was custom in traditional western culture. "My name is Gunnar Pedersen." Gunnar replied, his name was abundantly Scandinavian, and people usually gave him looks for it. It affirmed to him that there was a normal scale of names in the culture, even if his didn't fit in it. It was likely she could relate.

"Your name is French." Gunnar commented. "It wasn't the accent that gave it a way, I promise." Gunnar confirmed, with a smile on his face. "Do you come from France, or possibly Canada?"
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 8:24 pm

"Nice to meet you, Gunnar Pederson." She smiled sweetly before retracting her hand. Even after all of these years, Antoinette still had a submissive refinedness about her.

"I hail from France." Antoinette nodded her head. "I haven't been there in...ages, however." And that wasn't an understatement. The daughter of Hnoss cleared her throat and studied him. "And, uh, where do you come from, Gunnar Pederson?"

Last edited by Green on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metaloneus

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 2:12 pm

"I hail from Copenhagen, the beautiful capital of Denmark. You'll forgive us that our culture lacked even a fraction of the art that yours blessed the world with." Gunnar said, he loved many cultures in the world, but many countries of Europe held a special place in his heart. "Our culture held a beautiful history of ancient tales and myths, however. Have you ever been to Scandinavia?"

"Not to intrude on your personal business, but I must ask, what brings a French woman to Boston? The community is lovely, even with its Irish roots, but why Boston out of everywhere else in the world?" Gunnar was guilty of adoring anything diverse between different cultures, and this was no exception.
Back to top Go down
Gay Admin
Gay Admin

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Antoinette tilted her head to the side in thought. She wondered if she ever went to Copenhagen, Denmark. If she did, then it was probably a few decades ago. Maybe even centuries. The daughter of Hnoss straightened her head and placed a hand on her hip. "Denmark...oh, yes." She smiled. "I have been to Scandinavia." Or at least she thought she had.

When Gunna asked the question of why she was in Boston, she didn't have a real answer other than it being the center of The Nine Worlds. "Let's see, uh, I like the clothes! The clothes are nice and um..." Antoinette tapped her chin with her free hand. "...Why are you in Boston?" She countered with a raised eyebrow. If anything, this would give her time to come up with legit reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meeting You (p) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting You (p)   Meeting You (p) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting You (p)
Page 1 of 1