Related Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Related Legends Reborn

A multi-mythology site, based off of the books by Rick Riordan. Credit to Sienna for the header and who's online picture.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some weird Centurion training (private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason
Administrator
Mason

Some weird Centurion training (private) Empty
PostSubject: Some weird Centurion training (private)   Some weird Centurion training (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Carter was at the Field of Mars (before the sword quest), Sword of Mars in hand. His hair was long, messy, and unkept, and he no longer looked like himself. He was like the Lex Luthor to his normal Superman. Carter swung the sword around, eyeing the target he was going for. He took a swipe at it, taking off the dummy's head. The sword glowed with power, causing Carter to grin.

"I mean, I know none of you children would beat a master like me, but anybody up to lose?" he asked, the Sword talking- Carter, in reality, was far too respectful and mindful to say a line like this without the Sword corrupting him. He ran his finger across the blade, waiting for a challenger to appear.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Karla

PostSubject: Re: Some weird Centurion training (private)   Some weird Centurion training (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Samantha could not explain it, but she knew the evil that lurked within one of the items recovered by the Legion. It's magic was dark, sorcery as black. If the currents of sorcery were like water, it would be poisonous, ink black, consuming and malignant.
The small red haired demigod knew no one in the Legion would listen to her, no one in her cohort even. Her powers were already shunned, feared by some. Sam watched the changes which wracked Carter with silent horror. She even attempted to try and protect his mind, using powers she never before even dared to attempt casting. With the fickleness of magic however, even if she had understood the particular spell, she would of been doomed to fail regardless. The power of the sword was all consuming, Sam possessed prestigious innate skill with sorcery, but the sword in comparison was like night and her just a weak flickering candle.

Samantha knew he must of know about her attempt intrusion into his shadowed mind. There was no way to disguise her astral projection, for it possessed her form it ethereal instead of solid and in his mind. It hurt like no pain that Sam had ever endured before, her mind throbbed with raw agony. Casting such a sorceress action, left her unable to conjure even the weakest of spells. Her mind burned, her muscles throbbed. Sam felt as though she had been fighting for her entire life.
Samantha did not know if she could ever attempt to cast something like that again, or even if she should.
She suspected that even without the ethereal form of herself speaking to him as he spelt in his dream, Carter would of known it was her who happened to be responsible. There were few demigods who possessed such skill in sorcery as Samantha.

She watched Carter boast idly, Sam realised she had failed utterly. "I'll beat you." Samantha taunted, standing up as she drew her gladius. She walked towards him, eyes burning with defiance.
"This is not you Carter." The girl winced at her words, mentally kicking herself. She had used that exact sentence last night. The ginger girl looked exhausted, without her magical powers she would be little challenge for a skilled fighter like Carter.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Some weird Centurion training (private)   Some weird Centurion training (private) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 3:00 pm

Carter felt a disturbance, a nuisance. It wasn't like the Finn Reddy type of nuisance, either, it was like someone was actively trying to find their way into his mind, or worse, mind control him. He surprisngly knew the feeling from intense training as a younger Centurion version of himself; his mother said a Centurion needed to be strong mentally, as importantly as physically. He gripped the sword tighter and moved his head a bit, almost cat-like, trying to get the flees out. He heard a voice accept he challenge and turned his attention away from the agony he was feeling mentally.

Carter studied the small redheaded girl before him, and frowned. He knew this girl, Samantha. "Tough words coming from the girl who's not tall enough to go on most of the Disney World rollercoasters." Carter drew the Sword of Mars, who was telling hi to kill her, and then started telling him something else. "You're the one trying to intrude my mind," Carter said. "Ah, yes, I think the Sword is right. You are trying to corrupt me! You are trying to turn me against my best friend, my best weapon, the only thing giving me strength! And...you need to be punished for it." He stopped talking for a second, twitching a bit, them bulldozed her over. "C'mon, Wicked B*tch, get up and fight a little," he said with a laugh, swinging his sword at her, as it glowed a fiery red and orange. He then took the water dispenser nearby, and without touching it, made the water bust out of it and aimed at Sam's head. "Gonna fight back?" he asked in a babified voice.
Back to top Go down
https://relatedlegendsreborn.forumotion.com
Karla

PostSubject: Re: Some weird Centurion training (private)   Some weird Centurion training (private) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 2:49 am

Sam tightened the grip on her sword. "That might be true but I've never been." She watched with growing horror and unease as he appeared to be having a conversation with his sword. There was no way she could possibly save him from the darkness, it would take someone more powerful than herself to best him and it's magical prowess.
The sword even looked evil, a certain sharpness that introduced an unwelcome thought slip into her mind that it might cut the very air, it might cause the air itself to bleed. Samantha's head throbbed with the most raw agony.

Before she could respond, Carter went on the offensive knocking her over with ease. Sam struggled to her feet, her Legionnaire armour seeming to way hundreds of tonnes. Samantha recovered her feet, just in time to block his sword, the impact almost knocking the weapon from her hand.
The water hitting her face blinded her for the moment, she blinked the water from her eyes, reaching up with her hand to brush some of her now wet ginger hair out of her face.
Sam did not reply, instead she swung her sword at him in an over head strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some weird Centurion training (private)   Some weird Centurion training (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some weird Centurion training (private)
Page 1 of 1